HOMEBREW Swap-O-Rama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psycotte

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Official Participant list!

1) Ivegot2legs
2) Psycotte
3) Zoidberg
4) D_Nyholm
5) SandstoneCityBrew
6) Stovetop535
7) Evetsz (New Member)
8) Jupapabear
9) Jtd_419
10) JohnnyHitch

So I have consulted both TheMan and THE man...TxBrew. LOL. This swap format and swap in general have their blessings respectively. During Swap-O-Rama #6 I got a homebrewed Apfelwein and sweet cider and then this idea sprang out. In TheMan's original Swap-O-Rama a homebrew was part of the deal but the requirement kind of faded because the spirit of the swap switched more to locally unacquirable beer and he didn't want to exclude those who didn't have homebrew to share. This swap is just the opposite. HOMEBREW is the focus and not an Extra! We'll see how it evolves if it takes off. So without further ado here are the details

This is a Homebrew oriented swap. The focus here is on small homebrew packages in TheMan's classic Swap-a-rama style. Pay close attention to the rules Please.

Here are the rules for this round:
- Total volume minimum is 48 oz. of HOMEBREW. This can includes beer, apfelwein, mead, etc. Extras of any kind are at your discretion but this swap is designed to help us all share homebrew and get some outside opinions from fellow HBT'ers.

- You are to ship your box BY 2/15/2014 . The sooner this fills up, the sooner I have addresses to you.
- 100 post minimum to be eligible.

NEW MEMBER CLAUSE:
- I will allow 3 exemptions to this so as to allow some newer members entry. However, if you are one of the 3 under the 100 post minimum you will be expected to ship first. The member with your address will not ship until we have word that your package has landed safely. (If you are shipping to someone with over 100 posts you will ship as soon as you have your package ready, like normal)

The rest of the details:
When you post that you are in, PM me your address. That's it.

I will cap this at 10 participants unless there is some kind of unexpected surge in requests to join. Once I have a list of all participants I will then randomly select who ships beer to who. You won't necessarily be shipping to the person that is shipping to you. If two participants happen to be in the same area, ill adjust it to change that.

Once I have my list of who ships where, ill pm each person the address. Keep this secret, it'll make it more fun! You will then be expected to ship your beer, abiding by the rules above. Please pm me your tracking number when shipped. We will all post our awesome hauls when received and enjoy!

Also, don't forget to leave iTrader feedback.

The forum is not responsible for anyone that abuses this swap-o-rama, we all take equal risk in participating.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I'm in for this but 48oz doesnt seem like a whole lot. I usually like to give people 2 of each to sample. Hiw much does that amount, 4 bottles, usually cost to ship?

Contemplating this one, just have to see what I have still bottled up!

Think I only have like 48 oz of different homebrew to share :(

I'm in for this but 48oz doesnt seem like a whole lot. I usually like to give people 2 of each to sample. Hiw much does that amount, 4 bottles, usually cost to ship?

Not sure on the shipping. As for the amount I thought I would keep requirements small for the first round just to get rolling. 48 Oz is only a minimum. If you want to be more generous I leave that to you. :tank:

This sounds great, wish I could, but since I started kegging, I've only bottled one beer, and that one I don't plan on giving out to anyone(22 bombers of barleywine that will be drank on each of my upcoming first daughter's birthdays until she's 21). And I don't feel comfortable bottling from a keg yet... don't want to screw up and send crap flat beers... Good luck in this one guys!

I feel honored to have been the inspiration for such an awesome idea haha! Unfortunately I'll have to sit out this round but I've got some goodies fermenting as we speak so I'll be in on the next one for sure. I'll definitely be following along as well. Nice going Psycotte, y'all have fun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Home Brew mobile app

This sounds great, wish I could, but since I started kegging, I've only bottled one beer, and that one I don't plan on giving out to anyone(22 bombers of barleywine that will be drank on each of my upcoming first daughter's birthdays until she's 21). And I don't feel comfortable bottling from a keg yet... don't want to screw up and send crap flat beers... Good luck in this one guys!

Awesome idea. My daughter turns one this month and I've been toying around with a beer related aging gift.

I really like this idea, but unfortunately my pipeline is pretty dry right now. I'd love to join in on the next round though! I've got a few brew days planned!

Alright, since it looks like we need more people, count me in. Should have another beer ready by shipping time so I will hit the minimum.

I'm in as long as people are OK with a a bottle or two of wine. I think I only have 2 beers bottled at this time that are ready to go.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

I'm in as long as people are OK with a a bottle or two of wine. I think I only have 2 beers bottled at this time that are ready to go.

It sounds like wine is included as homebrew. Pretty sure everyone would be cool with it.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings any

This is a great idea. I have two beers that are about ready to drink. I'm fairly new to this site been on daily for a few months now. I'm in if you will have me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

Sounds good to me. I am in then. The last swap I did was the christmas beers and while the variety is nice, it sure makes for an expensive swap.

Okay participant list is filled and we are off and running!! I will set up the addresses and have them in your PM box by nights end. Thanks everyone for supporting this and let's have some fun!!

P.S. I am doing a completely random draw as I don't think locale is an issue in a swap like this unless there is objection.

Got address, question is are we all shipping ASAP as in tomorrow or the next day?

All the addressed have been PM'd. Let's roll. Unless you were specially notified to hold shipping to our under 100 post member ship when ready. Let the boxes fly!!!

:rockin:

Im in next round. Careful shipping right now. Last 2 boxes of beer i got in the mail had a couple leak from freezing. Only single digits in My part of Oregon

Im in next round. Careful shipping right now. Last 2 boxes of beer i got in the mail had a couple leak from freezing. Only single digits in My part of Oregon

Luckily my package will be going west coast so I shouldn't have to worry about freezing!!

Anyone send anything out yet? Can't wait to see the pictures of people tearing into the treasures!!

Luckily my package will be going west coast so I shouldn't have to worry about freezing!!

Anyone send anything out yet? Can't wait to see the pictures of people tearing into the treasures!!

I'm gonna hold off until next week due to the cold weather. Just got blasted with a nice snow storm last night. Next week the temps will be back up into the 30's. I feel more comfortable shipping it then.

I'm gonna hold off until next week due to the cold weather. Just got blasted with a nice snow storm last night. Next week the temps will be back up into the 30's. I feel more comfortable shipping it then.

Same here, it was 7 degrees where I was working tonight can't wait for it to warm up a bit. Next week will be in the 30's and low 40's

What's the consensus on sending out a mead that could use more time to age, I can't decide which bottles to send

I'm also gonna send out next week when its a bit warmer since everyone seems ok with that.

I thinking sending stuff out that needs to age is fine. Just make sure they know! :). Might be neat to get a mead that needs a few months. Helps to force spreading out the consumption of the spoils!

Back