HOMEBREW Swap-O-Rama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figured it would be weather related, I was just wondering if I was the only one left

SandstoneCity, I cracked that Saison last night and it was really good. Subtle citrus and pepper notes, from the yeast? Or was pepper added?

Gonna try the brown or pumpkin probably tomorrow

Aha lemon grass, I tasted that. It has a lingering taste of pepper after a lot of citrus flavors and the wheat makes the mouth feel really silky compared to some saisons that can be harsh somewhat from the dryness of the style.

You guys realize that for most of us, the weather let up for just enough time to ship beer. In MI its back to 5-11* outside everyday.

I want to give thanks to D_Nyholm for getting these beers out to me. I received them over a week ago but have been crazy busy with work. I will post more pictures and tasting notes later on the week. Thanks again and I hope everyone is enjoying their beer.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

1393782640108.jpg

Here are a couple of more pictures. Enjoying the milk Stout and sharing the cider. Thanks again @D_Nyholm

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

1393782899748.jpg

1393782921125.jpg

Glad you got them and are drinking them! I am by no means a good brewer, so keep that in mind while drinking.them!

Does anyone have an email or phone number for psycotte? Trying to get in touch with him before his package freezes tonight.

Dropped the ball on this guy, really sorry to my recipient.
Threw a couple commerical brews for the wait.

Box flying out to washington today

Cheers!

P.s can anyone not believe its already march 2014!?! wtf i cant even remeber 2013!!

I want in on the next swap. I prefer a homebrew swap to a local brewery swap any day

Just received mine today and I have to say that it is worth the wait

Homebrews:

Pumpkin ale
Cranberry apple wine
Pomegranate mead
Apple wine
Grape apple wine
Traditional mead
Oaked maple whiskey porter

Commercial:

Nugget nectar
Ryan and the beaster bunny
Furious

And Two others I'm not sure what they are but the caps don't match the labels

1394674212637.jpg

1394674236915.jpg

1394674254958.jpg

Just received mine today and I have to say that it is worth the wait

Homebrews:

Pumpkin ale
Cranberry apple wine
Pomegranate mead
Apple wine
Grape apple wine
Traditional mead
Oaked maple whiskey porter

Commercial:

Nugget nectar
Ryan and the beaster bunny
Furious

And Two others I'm not sure what they are but the caps don't match the labels

Red Painted flag cap is a second cranberry wine and the regular flag cap is a second apple wine.

Hope you enjoy! Upset I couldn't put more beer in, I almost don't brew in the winter!

Cheers buddy.

I'll probably try those tonight or tomorrow then and I haven't had any of these commercial ones yet

Dropped the ball on this guy, really sorry to my recipient.
Threw a couple commerical brews for the wait.

Box flying out to washington today

Cheers!

P.s can anyone not believe its already march 2014!?! wtf i cant even remeber 2013!!

Tried all but a few of these and to be completely honest with you the commercial beers were the least impressive of them all. Keep up the awesome brews and thanks again.

Just cracked that oaked porter, one hell of a beer

Tried all but a few of these and to be completely honest with you the commercial beers were the least impressive of them all. Keep up the awesome brews and thanks again.

Thank you!!
Apriciate the comments.

Beaster and the furious mght have been a little old but im surprised you like all my stuff better than the nugget nectar!

Thx again buddy
Cheers!

Huntington NY, your package is finally on the way :)

Sorry for delays. Winter in MI has been crazy.

Never shipped before hope I didn't under/over do it. Haha I ran outta packing material and used some old shirts I was gonna toss.

Each bottle is wrapped in a plastic bag tied on top and then wrapped about twice around with small bubble wrap.

Under first layer is bubble wrap, wrapped up cardboard and tons of meijer plastic bag wads.

In between two layers of bottles is cardboard and bubble wrap.

On top of second layer of bottles is more ripped up card board, bubble wrap and old t-shirts to fill space.

I feel like I had to use a ton of packaging but did I just get a box too big or is this just how much packaging is need to feel secure it will make it?

Got recommended box by FedEx guy for "glass containers of homemade goods" haha. When I got home I realized it was a little big my bottles I think. I believe it was a 18x13x12inches box for 11 12oz bottles. Is that too big?

I just stumbled onto this thread. What a cool idea! I'm a pretty new brewer and would love to get honest critical reviews of my beer, as well as sharing some local beers and tasting those of some others. Can I be considered for participation in the next round?

Also, like Zoidberg I am interested in the packaging requirements for sending beer in the mail. I didn't see where anyone responded to his questions. Anyone else care to weigh in on this subject?

Thank you!!
Apriciate the comments.

Beaster and the furious mght have been a little old but im surprised you like all my stuff better than the nugget nectar!

Thx again buddy
Cheers!

The nugget was actually my least favorite!

Hey all:

I wanted to apologize for being the absent minded thread starter here. My mother passed away 2 weeks ago and life is just now beginning to return to normal. I owe ivegot2legs a big apology for not getting my shipment out yet. I'm dropping it tomorrow and then we can call this thread closed. If there is still interest we'll wait until he receives and then I'll post up a new one. I hope you guys have enjoyed the idea of this and we can keep it going! Cheers all!

Curt

Hey all:

I wanted to apologize for being the absent minded thread starter here. My mother passed away 2 weeks ago and life is just now beginning to return to normal. I owe ivegot2legs a big apology for not getting my shipment out yet. I'm dropping it tomorrow and then we can call this thread closed. If there is still interest we'll wait until he receives and then I'll post up a new one. I hope you guys have enjoyed the idea of this and we can keep it going! Cheers all!

Curt

So sorry for your loss Curt. I hope everything gets back to normal quickly!
No need to apologize for being absent, your family definitely takes priority over beer trades. I am certain everyone understands. I hope to be able to get in on the next swap as well, this one was fun and I recieved some really awesome beer!! Thanks again Psycotte and ivegot2legs!

So sorry for your loss Curt. I hope everything gets back to normal quickly!
No need to apologize for being absent, your family definitely takes priority over beer trades. I am certain everyone understands. I hope to be able to get in on the next swap as well, this one was fun and I recieved some really awesome beer!! Thanks again Psycotte and ivegot2legs!

+1
So sorry for you loss. I would expect anyone to do the same. Thanks for even letting me in.

Jupapabear

Hey all:

Curt

Prayers and deepest sympathy to you and your family for your loss. I'm sure your recipient understands completely.

May I ask that if you do set up the next exchange in a new thread, that you also announce it in this thread. Not sure how others do it, but I spend most of my time on HBT only in subscribed threads and a couple other specific forums, and would probably miss a new thread in this forum. Thanks.

Haha... oh no. Slushies

Jupapabear

Hey Jupapabear, what part of Houston are you in? Are you in any local brew clubs?

I live in the Humble / Kingwood area and work near downtown and the Galleria, and I just recently joined Rogue Brewers. We meet at Backyard Brewers in old Humble.

Prayers and deepest sympathy to you and your family for your loss. I'm sure your recipient understands completely.

May I ask that if you do set up the next exchange in a new thread, that you also announce it in this thread. Not sure how others do it, but I spend most of my time on HBT only in subscribed threads and a couple other specific forums, and would probably miss a new thread in this forum. Thanks.

No doubt the announcement will be posted here when the new one opens. :)

Hopefully I will be able to get in on the next one also , very sorry for you loss.

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

TxBigHop,

It is ILEGAL to ship alcohol through USPS. ( in the USA) all alcohol beverages must be shipped via private carrier(s). Just a helpful hint what we do here at the brewery, if we're sending out "samples" we wrap bottles in bubble wrap, along with a label inside a plastic bag. (Just incase a bottle breaks).

TxBigHop,

It is ILEGAL to ship alcohol through USPS. ( in the USA) all alcohol beverages must be shipped via private carrier(s). Just a helpful hint what we do here at the brewery, if we're sending out "samples" we wrap bottles in bubble wrap, along with a label inside a plastic bag. (Just incase a bottle breaks).

Thanks for the heads up! I would have thought since this entire forum involves shipping beers that there would be a sticky with shipping pointers at the top. Had you not told me this, I would have just blindly taken a box to the Post Office.

Thanks for the heads up! I would have thought since this entire forum involves shipping beers that there would be a sticky with shipping pointers at the top. Had you not told me this, I would have just blindly taken a box to the Post Office.

Here is a great thread on how to ship. :) I think I'll add this link to the 1st post of the swap from now on. It's a good suggestion.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/tutorial-shipping-beer-93042/

I hope I'veGot2Legs is watching his doorstep today. :)

UPDATE!!!

- 3/21/2014 - Friday
1:27 pm
Delivered

Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

Latest posts

Back