FG = 0.999 - this should be interesting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a_gunslinger

Reaction score
Just brewed a strong IPA that involved an Omega DIPA yeast. They did such a good job they brought me down to 0.999 in a week. Not a speck of fermentables left. Hope it has some body at all ;^)

Grain bill: 13.5 lb Fawcett Pearl Malt - 12 oz Baird’s Light Carastan Malt - 12 oz White Wheat Malt

Screenshot_20210201-202550_Tilt.jpg

Something sounds a little suspicious here. I’ve never used that yeast, is it a known STA1 strain? If not, Id guess your Tilt is off and your gravity it actually higher.

The Tilt is inaccurate when a lot of hop schmutz is stuck to it. The real OG has to be higher like 1.004 or something like that. Measure with a real hydrometer and let us know the reading.

Something sounds a little suspicious here. I’ve never used that yeast, is it a known STA1 strain? If not, Id guess your Tilt is off and your gravity it actually higher.

No [intentional] sport being had. Thats nthe reading. I ould see Tilt being off, it usually is a little. But the ferment was agreesive and changes in reading daily were pretty fast. I will try and take a manula reading tomorrow and report back. MAybe spome top foam has the the tilt pushed down below surface.

Just brewed a strong IPA that involved an Omega DIPA yeast. They did such a good job they brought me down to 0.999 in a week. Not a speck of fermentables left. Hope it has some body at all ;^)

Grain bill: 13.5 lb Fawcett Pearl Malt - 12 oz Baird’s Light Carastan Malt - 12 oz White Wheat Malt

Hmm. Not possible without an infection (or enzymes).

Thats discouraging, but understood. Looks good, smells good, tastes good. LEts hope for bad data from Tilt.

Back