FG = 0.999 - this should be interesting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a_gunslinger

Reaction score
Just brewed a strong IPA that involved an Omega DIPA yeast. They did such a good job they brought me down to 0.999 in a week. Not a speck of fermentables left. Hope it has some body at all ;^)

Grain bill: 13.5 lb Fawcett Pearl Malt - 12 oz Baird’s Light Carastan Malt - 12 oz White Wheat Malt

Screenshot_20210201-202550_Tilt.jpg

Something sounds a little suspicious here. I’ve never used that yeast, is it a known STA1 strain? If not, Id guess your Tilt is off and your gravity it actually higher.

The Tilt is inaccurate when a lot of hop schmutz is stuck to it. The real OG has to be higher like 1.004 or something like that. Measure with a real hydrometer and let us know the reading.

Something sounds a little suspicious here. I’ve never used that yeast, is it a known STA1 strain? If not, Id guess your Tilt is off and your gravity it actually higher.

No [intentional] sport being had. Thats nthe reading. I ould see Tilt being off, it usually is a little. But the ferment was agreesive and changes in reading daily were pretty fast. I will try and take a manula reading tomorrow and report back. MAybe spome top foam has the the tilt pushed down below surface.

Just brewed a strong IPA that involved an Omega DIPA yeast. They did such a good job they brought me down to 0.999 in a week. Not a speck of fermentables left. Hope it has some body at all ;^)

Grain bill: 13.5 lb Fawcett Pearl Malt - 12 oz Baird’s Light Carastan Malt - 12 oz White Wheat Malt

Hmm. Not possible without an infection (or enzymes).

Thats discouraging, but understood. Looks good, smells good, tastes good. LEts hope for bad data from Tilt.

Latest posts

Back