Fellowship of The Homebrew VII: Kegs of Fury

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@TwistedGray Mash is underway on your cream ale! Gonna add a few pounds of raspberries after fermentation is complete. The brew cat approves!
20190214_122459.jpeg
20190213_144647.jpeg

@TwistedGray Mash is underway on your cream ale! Gonna add a few pounds of raspberries after fermentation is complete. The brew cat approves!View attachment 612547View attachment 612548

Plant a bush, and you'll have that quantity of raspberries in the second year ;) I have three bushes (one does not produce much...odd) and a massive blackberry bush that I pull from...and an apple tree that finally started putting out last year (made some cider from it for the first time).

Plant a bush, and you'll have that quantity of raspberries in the second year ;) I have three bushes (one does not produce much...odd) and a massive blackberry bush that I pull from...and an apple tree that finally started putting out last year (made some cider from it for the first time).
I have limited space in my yard but I can probably at least fit a couple bushes. Sounds like a good idea. I got a good deal on these as sprouts had a 2 for $5 special on 6 oz packages but it is still pricey. The raspberries probably cost more than the grain bill itself! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Rasberries and blackberries go on deep sale here for about a week before 4th of july. Like $0.80 per little tray. I collect blackberries from my plant throught the summer. They freeze very well. Just a suggestion.

Wow! Now that's a deal! If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?
Southern california. But those stone fruit grow really well in northern climates. Almost too well. My norcal buddy uses a weed burner to keep the blackberry from inundating his property. And rasberries go nuts all the way into alaska. Try their rasberry wheat summer brew.

I have more blackberries than I or any neighbor can eat, it's crazy. I'm in Central California (or some people consider it NorCal, too). If you go offroading, you could live off the berries up there.
I hear to watch out for bears when harvesting wild berries.

I have more blackberries than I or any neighbor can eat, it's crazy. I'm in Central California (or some people consider it NorCal, too). If you go offroading, you could live off the berries up there.
Good problem to have. I love blackberries but they are so flipping expensive.

Hit a delay and had to run out during the mash on the cream ale. Brought it up to mash out temp before I left. Sparging now!
20190214_160158.jpeg

Good problem to have. I love blackberries but they are so flipping expensive.

Hit a delay and had to run out during the mash on the cream ale. Brought it up to mash out temp before I left. Sparging now! View attachment 612591

I like it when people show my beer being made for me. You all can take notes!

I like it when people show my beer being made for me. You all can take notes!
Bwahahaha! LMAO!

Well...with that in mind, here's 1.15 oz of Willamette going into the boil! Still need to add the whirfloc at 15 minutes and about half an ounce more of Willamette at 5 minutes.

Glad I can set such a good example. [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
20190214_175655.jpeg

Landed! A box full of beer! Thanks @Scturo !!! Can you tell I'm excited?!!
View attachment 612729

Awesome, Doug must be on vacation. $20 to ship, got there in 3 days. Cheers!

Edit: For the new guys, Doug is referring to the disgruntled shipping worker that steals or damages our beer boxes during shipping.

You mean Mark ;)
Doug is FedEx
If I had to pick UPS, I would go with a Carl
These terms are new to me. I tried placing the names somehow. I see that Douglas is VP at USPS. I've been under that impression for the last 3 weeks or so. We need a legend for our code. Lol. For us new old guys.

These terms are new to me. I tried placing the names somehow. I see that Douglas is VP at USPS. I've been under that impression for the last 3 weeks or so. We need a legend for our code. Lol. For us new old guys.

Just read through old FotD and perhaps FotHB threads, you'll meet up with Doug and Mark through those ;)

Freebie.., I bought some large caps (100) that I won’t be using. If anyone wants them. I’ll ship them to you free. First post, first get. Open to anyone viewing, Cheers
2lj5mr4.jpg

2jdhpub.jpg

Shipping is the same, you guys can thumb wrestle for them.

IMG_4274.JPG

IMG_4275.JPG

Wow @PianoMan!! Thank you!! I’ll have to look back at your offer to figure out which homebrew is which. Or if you have a key to decipher them all it would be appreciated. Haha
Seriously thank you for all of the homebrews and the two crowlers were above and beyond!
I’m happy I get to try these homebrews b/c I’ve seen you posting about no boil brews or very short boils. Since I won’t be able to brew for a few months (work stuff & family life outside of my regular working hours) I may need to give it a shot. So I’ll be in touch as I make my way through them.
Thank you!!!

View attachment 613347
View attachment 613348

Wow @PianoMan!! Thank you!! I’ll have to look back at your offer to figure out which homebrew is which. Or if you have a key to decipher them all it would be appreciated. Haha
Seriously thank you for all of the homebrews and the two crowlers were above and beyond!
I’m happy I get to try these homebrews b/c I’ve seen you posting about no boil brews or very short boils. Since I won’t be able to brew for a few months (work stuff & family life outside of my regular working hours) I may need to give it a shot. So I’ll be in touch as I make my way through them.
Thank you!!!
And..besides the PM I sent..the P is a peach mead in the 13% range also. These were all done with cheep Walmart honey as they're my 1st shot at mead. Check out the hefe for the Cold Brew action. See what you think. Should be a coffee stout in there. Pretty sure I decided to not send any IPAs...if so, toss them, they turned. I don't think anything is really over the top crazy but if something catches your attention and you want more detail, just let me know.

Hope you enjoy my friend!

Last edited:
Who wants free extract? I have no use for these, and they have been collecting dust in my cold garage. Ia m sure they are still perfectly fine to brew with (garage doesn't get over 55f).

Everyone interested that has either participated in this or a previous FotHB is welcome to toss their name in the hat. I'll randomly pull someone on Friday morning, so have your "ins" by Thursday COB.

Note: I will ship them in the boxes they came in (from MoreBeer, IIRC - too cold outside, not going to confirm) so you know what they were meant to brew/make.

IMG_20190216_121925.jpg

IMG_20190216_121937.jpg

Who wants free extract? I have no use for these, and they have been collecting dust in my cold garage. Ia m sure they are still perfectly fine to brew with (garage doesn't get over 55f).

Everyone interested that has either participated in this or a previous FotHB is welcome to toss their name in the hat. I'll randomly pull someone on Friday morning, so have your "ins" by Thursday COB.

Note: I will ship them in the boxes they came in (from MoreBeer, IIRC - too cold outside, not going to confirm) so you know what they were meant to brew/make.

View attachment 613389
View attachment 613390

Do you make yeast starters? If so use it for that. That is what I do. I brew all-grain and use LME for my yeast starters.

Back