Fellowship of The Homebrew VII: Kegs of Fury

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who wants free extract? I have no use for these, and they have been collecting dust in my cold garage. Ia m sure they are still perfectly fine to brew with (garage doesn't get over 55f).

Everyone interested that has either participated in this or a previous FotHB is welcome to toss their name in the hat. I'll randomly pull someone on Friday morning, so have your "ins" by Thursday COB.

Note: I will ship them in the boxes they came in (from MoreBeer, IIRC - too cold outside, not going to confirm) so you know what they were meant to brew/make.

View attachment 613389
View attachment 613390
You can put me down.

I believe @Scturo pick has landed today!! I hope you enjoy the home brews!!

Yes sir! Another great HB box from @pshankstar. They are chilling in the cooler. Thanks bud, the coffee smells incredible!
30wnpc1.jpg

Got the box for @fourfarthing all packed and labeled, dropping it off tomorrow. Looks like my box from @6Tap will be here tomorrow. Good thing the cold we have had is going to break tomorrow so it won't be below freezing when it gets here.

@chrisgood1 looks like my offer just made it to your house.
Enjoy, cheers.

IMG_7839.JPG

@TwistedGray just thought I'd provide an update on the cream ale. Looks like we are just a few points off of final gravity. After that happens, I will pasteurize the raspberries and rack the beer over top and let the it sit on them for around a week.

P.S. Don't worry about the high fermentation temp. I turned it up when I hit 50% attenuation. Before that it was fermenting in the low to mid 60's.

Can't wait to see how this turns out!
Screenshot_20190220-124023_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

@TwistedGray the beers you sent me came in and everything is undamaged and VERY nicely packaged. The kiddo saw the candy so she's excited to try some. Thank you sir!View attachment 613881

We usually put candy in our boxes to make noise so they can't hear the beer slosh around. I mean feel free to eat it, lol...they're both over a year old but I'm sure they're still good.

Would it be possible to see more pics of the beers packaged in the box so we can view how so many beers are loaded into one box?

Would it be possible to see more pics of the beers packaged in the box so we can view how so many beers are loaded into one box?

Lol, for me it's a food saver + bubble wrap (when shipping bottles). I'll lightly wrap the bottles in bubble wrap and sandwich them in a food saver bag. Once that's done I'll vacuum seal the bag, and then I'm on to the next one. You really do not need much more than that because the bottles are not going to move, and they're also protected.

Other people put individual cans and bottles (bubble wrapped) in ziplock bags. You need more bubble wrap with this approach because the bottles and cans can move around more than if they were tightly packaged in a vac. sealed bag.

Most people put everything into a large trash bag lined box so that if something does leak it's a non-issue (stays in the trash bag). If I am vac. sealing the beer I usually don't worry about it as the sealed bag should hold the liquid contents should there be an issue.

Lol, for me it's a food saver + bubble wrap (when shipping bottles). I'll lightly wrap the bottles in bubble wrap and sandwich them in a food saver bag. Once that's done I'll vacuum seal the bag, and then I'm on to the next one. You really do not need much more than that because the bottles are not going to move, and they're also protected.

Other people put individual cans and bottles (bubble wrapped) in ziplock bags. You need more bubble wrap with this approach because the bottles and cans can move around more than if they were tightly packaged in a vac. sealed bag.

Most people put everything into a large trash bag lined box so that if something does leak it's a non-issue (stays in the trash bag). If I am vac. sealing the beer I usually don't worry about it as the sealed bag should hold the liquid contents should there be an issue.
Do you fully pull all the air out of the bags. I love this idea from the sealing perspective and I'll have to try it on my next shipment.

Fellowship brethren: in reference to the "feedback" for our trades. Are we looking for general feedback for the trade overall, or do my fellow brewers want a critical review of their brew?

Kind regards,

Psycobabble

Yeah baby. Your label game is awesome. Please PM me your technique as I take pride in mine. Also, nice to see someone else with custom caps.

IMG_5197.JPG

Perfect exrras too. Trip leaked a bit so... I did what everyone else would and poured it. This is really good, even with low carb. You should be proud of this beer.

IMG_5198.JPG

Sucks that tripel leaked but glad most of it made it safe.

My wife is the label master, she uses Adobe Illustrator to build them. The really nice ones we print on nicer paper at Kinko's, the basic ones are laser printed at home. I use plain gelatin and warm water to attach them. Works great and they don't fall off unless you use warm water so they last.

I’m using good belly, which works anerobically. So I have to cover the top of the wort with sanitized plastic wrap, to help keep oxygen away. I also purge the tank with co2. Then I use a heat wrap to maintain temp. Worked last time,

Back