Fellowship of the Drink XVIII - XVIII and Life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guesses are as follows:

dpinette2 107.99
TBC 188.65
TwistedGray 189.98
Thorrak 193.73
imasickboy 194.36
PianoMan 195.34
CTownBrewer 197.28
baldm79 202.9
fourfarthing 203.1
wstbrewing 203.5
MC82 204.4
Abrayton 207
Calaeb 208.4
aharri1 208.6
mullet6577 209.19
jaymosbeershack 209.22
pshankstar 209.3
orionol73 209.4
LoneTreeFarms 210.2
afrolou 211.3
HopsNTails 212
SailorJerry 213.2

Honorable mention to @PianoMan. Such a close guess but slightly over.

@Thorrak must have checked boiling temp of Breckenridge as his number was spot on with that. Unfortunately, the point of measurement was different.

The closest guess without going over goes to @imasickboy. Nice work! We’ll sort out some preferences on the side. What was your secret to success?

The measurement taken from the hot tub deck came to 195.24:

View attachment 632557

and a pic from the same spot so I can think about how much I want to be back there:

View attachment 632558

Damn, all that work for nothing! I mapped out Denver, Frisco, Dillon, Breckenridge, and Fairplay because we didn't know exactly where you measured. I thought Breckenridge was the spot because of a comment you made, and now I don't know exactly how I managed to fudge that one.

212F at sea level
-1 degree F per 500ft
9600ft elevation

9600 / 500 = 19.2 temp loss
212 - 19.2 = 192.8

Where did I go wrong? I like scavenger hunts :)

For what it's worth:
5280 denver
9097 frisco
9111 dillon
9600 breckenridge
9954 fairplay
9440 average (not including denver but started the thread when was in the breckenridge area)

The closest guess without going over goes to @imasickboy. Nice work! We’ll sort out some preferences on the side. What was your secret to success?

The measurement taken from the hot tub deck came to 195.24

Damn, all that work for nothing! I mapped out Denver, Frisco, Dillon, Breckenridge, and Fairplay because we didn't know exactly where you measured. I thought Breckenridge was the spot because of a comment you made, and now I don't know exactly how I managed to fudge that one.

212F at sea level
-1 degree F per 500ft
9600ft elevation

9600 / 500 = 19.2 temp loss
212 - 19.2 = 192.8

Where did I go wrong? I like scavenger hunts :)

For what it's worth:
5280 denver
9097 frisco
9111 dillon
9600 breckenridge
9954 fairplay
9440 average (not including denver but started the thread when was in the breckenridge area)

First of all, HOLY FLOCCING CRAP! I won something awesome!

Second, here was my method:

I saw @jimyson had most recently posted this, closest to the initial contest offer: What are you drinking now?

A Bing search of "the canteen breckenridge" led me to a city, Breckenridge, Colorado. The Wikipedia page gave me the elevation, 9600 feet. @TwistedGray will be pissed off at this point. I put "water boiling temperature 9600" into Bing, and picked the first link, http://www.csgnetwork.com/h2oboilcalc.html and plugged in the altitude, and the result was 196.366°. You know what they say about a blind squirrel, right?

First of all, HOLY FLOCCING CRAP! I won something awesome!

Second, here was my method:

I saw @jimyson had most recently posted this, closest to the initial contest offer: What are you drinking now?

A Bing search of "the canteen breckenridge" led me to a city, Breckenridge, Colorado. The Wikipedia page gave me the elevation, 9600 feet. @TwistedGray will be pissed off at this point. I put "water boiling temperature 9600" into Bing, and picked the first link, http://www.csgnetwork.com/h2oboilcalc.html and plugged in the altitude, and the result was 196.366°. You know what they say about a blind squirrel, right?

*****!

This will be my last FOTD for a while. Wife started her clinical rotations and we are down to one income for a while so beer funds will be tight.

When does this all go down?? I forgot about it......

Current Timeline
Monday, July 8th- All photos & final submissions due.

Wednesday, July 10th- List of offers and order of picks revealed via random drawing.

Thursday, July 11th- Pick day! 1st pick will be 8:00pm EST. All others will be in a 5min interval, contingent upon the rules above.

Current Timeline
Monday, July 8th- All photos & final submissions due.

Wednesday, July 10th- List of offers and order of picks revealed via random drawing.

Thursday, July 11th- Pick day! 1st pick will be 8:00pm EST. All others will be in a 5min interval, contingent upon the rules above.

So, the questions are...

Is it to late to enter?
or is the question, should I, or should I not, drink all the random beer in my fridge instead of trading it?

HB Wood Roasted Coffee w/vanilla and coconut (both extract). Next a Peanut butter stout. This one with extract. Not the punch as real but it'll do. Yeah yeah..Star Wars II...it's [emoji304] month....cut me some slack
20190627_185030.jpeg
20190627_185133.jpeg

Guys, I only have about half of my offer ready...Haven’t had time to get to the bottle shop in between work and vacation. I’m heading out of town again tomorrow, so it’s looking like I’ll miss the deadline.

If you’re all ok with it, I can get my offer in when I get back on the 10th. Hopefully, I’ll find some beers in LA/San Diego to round out the offer.

Then I kill you.

Fine. I'm in. I'll do my best not to drink all these super rare, limit released beers that I have in my fridge.

:)

That's a joke, none of them are rare or limited release.

Guys, I only have about half of my offer ready...Haven’t had time to get to the bottle shop in between work and vacation. I’m heading out of town again tomorrow, so it’s looking like I’ll miss the deadline.

If you’re all ok with it, I can get my offer in when I get back on the 10th. Hopefully, I’ll find some beers in LA/San Diego to round out the offer.

I doubt anyone will mind, I know I don't.

You can just post last rounds entry. I’ll choose you!

:( due to a unplanned auto repair my beer budget for this rounds was smoked. hopefully I can get back in next round though.

Back