Fellowship of the Drink XVIII - XVIII and Life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we get a list of guesses? I’m too drunk to try to avoid duplicating...

dpinette2 107.99
TBC 188.65
Thorrak 193.73
imasickboy 194.36
PianoMan 195.34
CTownBrewer 197.28
baldm79 202.9
fourfarthing 203.1
MC82 204.4
Abrayton 207
Calaeb 208.4
aharri1 208.6
mullet6577 209.19
jaymosbeershack 209.22
pshankstar 209.3
orionol73 209.3
LoneTreeFarms 210.2
HopsNTails 212
SailorJerry 213.2

My Postal Annex guy might go out of business. He's totally aware and has even helped with my packing technique. What do y'all say when USPS ask what's on the box?

My Postal Annex guy might go out of business. He's totally aware and has even helped with my packing technique. What do y'all say when USPS ask what's on the box?

“Artisanal vinegars” is my current favorite answer. It it gets a laugh or an interesting look from the clerk.

dpinette2 107.99
TBC 188.65
Thorrak 193.73
imasickboy 194.36
PianoMan 195.34
CTownBrewer 197.28
baldm79 202.9
fourfarthing 203.1
MC82 204.4
Abrayton 207
Calaeb 208.4
aharri1 208.6
mullet6577 209.19
jaymosbeershack 209.22
pshankstar 209.3
orionol73 209.3
LoneTreeFarms 210.2
HopsNTails 212
SailorJerry 213.2

Imma go with 211.3

FYI - Wrong thread but figured this is the newest one so it was fitting.

I have had boxes confiscated by UPS, Fedex, and USPS. Fedex and USPS both refunded money when things were lost and damage through their claims department (insured boxes); however, UPS refused to cover a shipment of wine I shipped to @wstbrewing because, "I do not have a contract with them to ship alcohol." They lost wine and beer in that shipment along with noisemakers. UPS did, however, not say that I could not ship wine or beer...they just said that they would not cover the loss of those items, so there's that, too. Just wanted to share; although, it would've been nicer to share that they did cover the loss : (

I have had boxes confiscated by UPS, Fedex, and USPS. Fedex and USPS both refunded money when things were lost and damage through their claims department (insured boxes); however, UPS refused to cover a shipment of wine I shipped to @wstbrewing because, "I do not have a contract with them to ship alcohol." They lost wine and beer in that shipment along with noisemakers. UPS did, however, not say that I could not ship wine or beer...they just said that they would not cover the loss of those items, so there's that, too. Just wanted to share; although, it would've been nicer to share that they did cover the loss : (

I’ve lost boxes with all three.. never had any of them cover cost or pay a claim. Was told everyone that my shipping alcohol breaks their terms and they are not responsible.

I think we are just cursed...

Maybe tell them it wasn’t wine, simply a young vinegar that hasn’t had proper aging yet. Knock on wood I haven’t lost one yet, but I ship out of a depot that ships liquids so it’d be tough for the ups guy to know the difference.

I’ve lost boxes with all three.. never had any of them cover cost or pay a claim. Was told everyone that my shipping alcohol breaks their terms and they are not responsible.

I think we are just cursed...

I have had money given back with both USPS and Fedex though, so I was a bit taken aback when they said no.

Maybe tell them it wasn’t wine, simply a young vinegar that hasn’t had proper aging yet. Knock on wood I haven’t lost one yet, but I ship out of a depot that ships liquids so it’d be tough for the ups guy to know the difference.

They knew it was wine because they had to go in and remove the broken bottles and repackage to ship back to me from CT where it was destined to go. Anyways, their "repacking" was just putting everything back in the box and slapping some tape on it. I don't know how all of it made it back to me in one piece.

I have had money given back with both USPS and Fedex though, so I was a bit taken aback when they said no.

They knew it was wine because they had to go in and remove the broken bottles and repackage to ship back to me from CT where it was destined to go. Anyways, their "repacking" was just putting everything back in the box and slapping some tape on it. I don't know how all of it made it back to me in one piece.
Dude, same thing happened on a shipment to Michigan. How could a bag-o-bottles placed in a box, no padding at all make it back to Austin? But one of mine broke?? Doug is more care when he KNOWS what it is.

Guess I don't need you Blokes any more!
Screenshot_2019-06-18-22-26-38.jpeg

Sorry for being late to the game, but I have to bow out of this round as having spent extra beer money on car parts, sucks, work on nxt round :[ damb used cars

Sorry for being late to the game, but I have to bow out of this round as having spent extra beer money on car parts, sucks, work on nxt round :[ damb used cars

I feel ya. We just dropped 3K on the wife’s car in the last six weeks. I’m going to have to bow out this round too.

I feel ya. We just dropped 3K on the wife’s car in the last six weeks. I’m going to have to bow out this round too.
We'll miss you! But been there for sure

Well looks like I'm a goner too. Wife's doing 2 California trips and me 1 related to her fathers passing. Hopefully fall will be a better time...

The guesses are as follows:

dpinette2 107.99
TBC 188.65
TwistedGray 189.98
Thorrak 193.73
imasickboy 194.36
PianoMan 195.34
CTownBrewer 197.28
baldm79 202.9
fourfarthing 203.1
wstbrewing 203.5
MC82 204.4
Abrayton 207
Calaeb 208.4
aharri1 208.6
mullet6577 209.19
jaymosbeershack 209.22
pshankstar 209.3
orionol73 209.4
LoneTreeFarms 210.2
afrolou 211.3
HopsNTails 212
SailorJerry 213.2

Honorable mention to @PianoMan. Such a close guess but slightly over.

@Thorrak must have checked boiling temp of Breckenridge as his number was spot on with that. Unfortunately, the point of measurement was different.

The closest guess without going over goes to @imasickboy. Nice work! We’ll sort out some preferences on the side. What was your secret to success?

The measurement taken from the hot tub deck came to 195.24:

IMG_3438.JPG

and a pic from the same spot so I can think about how much I want to be back there:

IMG_3436.JPG

Back