Fellowship of the Drink XVII: The Hazy Sour Adjunct Stout Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to join if you would have me. Ive never been a beer trader before, but this sounds awesome.

I think we have a bit of a democracy here, and I'll go with a yes if for no other reason than you being on the site for six years...today to the day, actually.

I may be interested in trying this but I'm not sure I qualify. I'm in the middle of a trade on FoTHB with @TwistedGray and have done one trade each on a different forum and on Facebook. I have not completed the trade on HBT yet so I totally understand if you guys aren't comfortable with me joining just yet. Just let me know and no hard feelings either way!

As with the comment about (re: democracy) I would be fine with you getting in on the D!

I think we have a bit of a democracy here, and I'll go with a yes if for no other reason than you being on the site for six years...today to the day, actually.

As with the comment about (re: democracy) I would be fine with you getting in on the D!

6 years seems legit [emoji1303]

Don't lie to us like that ;)

Well, we will see how Friday goes, lol.

Actually, I have a small stockpile that may run me through 1-3 more. This offer is going to be rather unique (non-USA) and otherwise won't come from "regular trade stock" beers. So, you have not necessarily seen the last of me...yet.

I am in, but pending my wife's entrance exam results (next Friday) this may be my last FotD for a few years (while she's in school).

LOL No Excuse!!

This last year I was finishing a doctorate (will finish dissertation this summer) and wife was finishing her masters.

Don’t ask how we survived with both of us full time students and sill time workers, the answer is scarier than a nightmare on elm street movie.

[emoji482]

I am in, but pending my wife's entrance exam results (next Friday) this may be my last FotD for a few years (while she's in school).[/

LOL No Excuse!!

This last year I was finishing a doctorate (will finish dissertation this summer) and wife was finishing her masters.

Don’t ask how we survived with both of us full time students and full time workers. the answer is scarier than a nightmare on elm street movie.

Last edited:
@wstbrewing, will still be on the FotHB trades, and if I see more OEC I could be swayed.

It's worth the sacrifice, 100%. Upwards of 3x her current pay, starting out. She loves working with animals (16yrs as an RVT at the same practice, her adult life), and the pay is reasonable. It's enough to have a decent life, but your still going to struggle, undoubtedly so. Move into the human side, and you're wealthy right out the gate! It's stupid! Just going to be a hard two and a half years. Exam is tomorrow - anxious!!

@wstbrewing, will still be on the FotHB trades, and if I see more OEC I could be swayed.

It's worth the sacrifice, 100%. Upwards of 3x her current pay, starting out. She loves working with animals (16yrs as an RVT at the same practice, her adult life), and the pay is reasonable. It's enough to have a decent life, but your still going to struggle, undoubtedly so. Move into the human side, and you're wealthy right out the gate! It's stupid! Just going to be a hard two and a half years. Exam is tomorrow - anxious!!

I hear ya there. That’s why my wife and I did the degrees. Mobility and increased pay. It’s a way to change things.

90.7 on her TEAS test; she has pick of her schools :)

Good on her!
Congrats to her. Similar situation. My wife got into physician assistant school almost two years ago after 10 years as an athletic trainer. She’s a bad ass and has continued working while going to school (and had a baby along the way). She starts clinicals in June which will put us down to one income for a year. The end result will be awesome but it’s gonna be a tough year and will certainly limit my brewing and tasting.

Research. Guesses?
IMG_20190316_132821.jpeg

Back