Fellowship of the Drink XVI: No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1653.JPG

Everyone should crack a triple at 1:45am?!?

IMG_4258.JPG

I don’t know if @dpinette2 is awake yet from cracking open a Triple IPA last night/this morning just before 2am but his FotD package arrived without any issues. Thank you bud! I can’t wait to crack one open this afternoon!! Which one should I open first??? Such hard decisions. LOL
I love the glass too! I don’t have one like that style either.

View attachment 612897
I don’t know if @dpinette2 is awake yet from cracking open a Triple IPA last night/this morning just before 2am but his FotD package arrived without any issues. Thank you bud! I can’t wait to crack one open this afternoon!! Which one should I open first??? Such hard decisions. LOL
I love the glass too! I don’t have one like that style either.

Stillings is probably my favorite IPA they make. That jumping rope from Nightshift is great. Not sure how familiar you are with them, but they put out quality stuff, and Lamplighter is under the radar, quality stuff! Enjoy!!!

PS-That Evil 3 was insane!

Does anyone else find it odd that Trillium has a dimpled mug? Totally inappropriate for the styles they're known for. I'm definitely NOT a proper-glassware snob, I just find it really weird that they would do that.

Stillings is probably my favorite IPA they make. That jumping rope from Nightshift is great. Not sure how familiar you are with them, but they put out quality stuff, and Lamplighter is under the radar, quality stuff! Enjoy!!!

PS-That Evil 3 was insane!

Why wasn’t one of the Evil 3 included in the box? Haha Just kidding!

Does anyone else find it odd that Trillium has a dimpled mug? Totally inappropriate for the styles they're known for. I'm definitely NOT a proper-glassware snob, I just find it really weird that they would do that.

Like every NEIPA base brewery around here....they are forecasting that the fad will be teetering out at some point ,,,,and venturing into the next hip fad.....lagers! Trill has some lagers on tap and in cans.....it’s just that no one is standing in line for them or trading them. They also aren’t 20+ a 4 pack

Bulmers and Ice. .....oh wait .....magners and ice

IMG_2908.JPG

Whoops wrong thread. Let’s pretend this is in the what are you drinking now thread. I’m too lazy to re post

Last edited:
Like every NEIPA base brewery around here....they are forecasting that the fad will be teetering out at some point ,,,,and venturing into the next hip fad.....lagers! Trill has some lagers on tap and in cans.....it’s just that no one is standing in line for them or trading them. They also aren’t 20+ a 4 pack

I love lagers, and I love the fact that these great breweries aren’t avoiding them to brew only popular/expensive styles..

IMG_4260.JPG

Well after watching @afro_lou’s box trek across the country not arrive yesterday and FedEx saying it will arrive on Monday. Doug released it from his beer hating hands and it’s sitting on Lou’s doorstep. Besides the offer I forgot about all the extras in there. So I can’t wait to see what he got! Enjoy!

Okay, I need help from those who shipped me stuff and searching the forums didn't help. I finally went through the cellar and updated it, but I have a few bottles where I didn't write on it where they came from.

I think these are from @fourfarthing or perhaps @pshankstar, but I can't remember if it's one of you guys or someone else.

Grassroots Brewing - Convivial Suarez
Plan Bee Farm Brewery - Barn Beer

Those are the only two unknowns. Otherwise I have a nice collection of Jackie O's continuing to grow from @jimyson.
IMG_20190216_114247.jpg

An ever growing collection of Rare Barrel which was started by @afro_lou and myself (now a member).
IMG_20190216_102622.jpg

And my personally collected Yeast of Eden's; however, it appears I may be missing one or two from their collection (doh). That was before I started hoarding them.
IMG_20190216_103816.jpg

@TwistedGray, sorry bud none of those look like anything I sent you.
But damn those Rare Barrel bottles make me drool anytime someone posts about them. I have one still that I haven’t opened yet.
Good luck in your searching!

The funny and ironic thing of this is that I never had Rare Barrel until I went to Yeast of Eden's new restaurant/pub down in Carmel several weeks back. I have just been collecting and hoarding the entire time without ever actually trying their beer...a bit stupid, really. Anyways, at YoE they have Rare Barrel on tap (and other non-YoE sours) which, now that I tasted it, is amazing and worth collecting/hoarding.

...no promises but I may start to whittle out some of my "extra" bottles. Then again, maybe I'll just drink the damn things!

Okay, I need help from those who shipped me stuff and searching the forums didn't help. I finally went through the cellar and updated it, but I have a few bottles where I didn't write on it where they came from.

I think these are from @fourfarthing or perhaps @pshankstar, but I can't remember if it's one of you guys or someone else.

Those are the only two unknowns. Otherwise I have a nice collection of Jackie O's continuing to grow from @jimyson.
View attachment 612942

An ever growing collection of Rare Barrel which was started by @afro_lou and myself (now a member).
View attachment 612943

And my personally collected Yeast of Eden's; however, it appears I may be missing one or two from their collection (doh). That was before I started hoarding them.
View attachment 612944

The ones you listed are from me. That Hill Convivial was handpicked for ya.

The ones you listed are from me. That Hill Convivial was handpicked for ya.

Yeah, I thought they were both from you; however, I couldn't remember for certain. Thanks, spreadsheet updated.

ps: I now have a box large enough for the food saver and some more homebrews that I still owe you, and I finally got around to bottling the homebrews, so there's that as well. I want to try one of them first though (that is tomorrow's task) ... I have a pretty good idea of how it turned out; however, I want to try it to make sure.

View attachment 612942

View attachment 612943

View attachment 612944

Nice looking cellar!

Hit me up if you ever go to any of the Rare Barrel club events. I try to get to as many as I can. They usually have pretty stacked guest taps for most of them.

I am happy to see the porch bomb arrived safely at @afro_lou's house! Phew FedEx had me a little nervous. Thank you Lou for the feedback on the Barleywine too! I may need to bring one to my sister's house to open and share with family today.

@dpinette2 I just left you feedback bud! Thank you again! Cheers everyone and onto more coffee this morning!

Yeah, I thought they were both from you; however, I couldn't remember for certain. Thanks, spreadsheet updated.

ps: I now have a box large enough for the food saver and some more homebrews that I still owe you, and I finally got around to bottling the homebrews, so there's that as well. I want to try one of them first though (that is tomorrow's task) ... I have a pretty good idea of how it turned out; however, I want to try it to make sure.

No rush. Its beer. It’ll keep.

@CTownBrewer this pale ale is amazing thanks! First beer I've tapped into of my package. Does it get better than this? I can't imagine. View attachment 613258

Can’t go wrong with Alvarado Street! I had that & an older IPA from them, so I gave you the fresher of the two. I really enjoyed it also! Love it when breweries are able to work in a touch of malt flavor in their haze.

Can’t go wrong with Alvarado Street! I had that & an older IPA from them, so I gave you the fresher of the two. I really enjoyed it also! Love it when breweries are able to work in a touch of malt flavor in their haze.

I hope they release CNJ again ... soon. It's $$$ to brew because of all the hop additions.

I received my package from @EcuPirate07 this weekend, but haven't had a chance to post it until today.

Thank you so much, my man. I can't wait to tear into that Burial and Fonta Flora goodness. Positive feedback left.

@TBC, your package will be going out tomorrow or Thursday. I apologize for the delay. I've been in the middle of a renovation at the house, and I haven't been able to pack the box up. But it's happening tonight and will be out the door in a day or two. Again, I apologize for the delay. But for every day I delay, another beer or two gets put in there to make up for it.

Attachments

• FoTD XVI Package Received.jpg
    FoTD XVI Package Received.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Back