Fellowship Of The Drink XV: Flight Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never had anything from Russian River Brewing so I'm liking that offer!
I've got good and bad news. Bad news is you're last to pick, so unless someone misses pick day and didnt send me a list, you dont have much choice in what offer you get. Good news is I go that way not too infrequently and we can do a side trade when I re-up. Who knows though, maybe nobody will choose it.

I've got good and bad news. Bad news is you're last to pick, so unless someone misses pick day and didnt send me a list, you dont have much choice in what offer you get. Good news is I go that way not too infrequently and we can do a side trade when I re-up. Who knows though, maybe nobody will choose it.
Right on!

I don’t need to make a 20 pick list this time! Great, since I definitely don’t have the time to do that this week.

Looking forward to pick day!

I'm last pick I hope the leftovers are delicious!! Haha

I’ve been towards the back of the pack most of the rounds I’ve participated in. I can tell you that you will not be disappointed. That’s what’s great about these FotD threads, no one leaves without getting a lot of great beer.

This time I’m pick number 8 and man is it hard figuring out my options. When I’m in the back there’s less stress to game plan. Hahaha

PSA - Please do not forget to leave feedback for the person who sent you the beer. This is especially important to the new fish here.

I’ve been towards the back of the pack most of the rounds I’ve participated in. I can tell you that you will not be disappointed. That’s what’s great about these FotD threads, no one leaves without getting a lot of great beer.

This time I’m pick number 8 and man is it hard figuring out my options. When I’m in the back there’s less stress to game plan. Hahaha

PSA - Please do not forget to leave feedback for the person who sent you the beer. This is especially important to the new fish here.
Will do!

Just spent two hrs making a list even though I’m 20th....I’m hooked on this stuff

ps...sorry, no way the pliny makes it to twenty one...dying to try that.

Any interest in side trade? Pliny for trillium?

Watching this from afar and slightly envious of the trades. These look awesome! Never done a trade, so I'm curious, how much does it cost you guys to ship this stuff, roughly...?

Typically $35-40ish (IIRC). I usually close my eyes when I click the "ship" button.

Which carrier do you guys use for the best price and best way to make sure it gets there?

I ship via FedEx. I have an account so I can print the shipping label at home. I usually try to drop it off right at pickup (4pm here) when the delivery guy is there. I’ll catch him at his truck and hand it to him. He doesn’t ask questions and thanks me for saving him a trip into the shop.

On a side note to anyone new to shipping beers. Line the bag with a garbage bag. Make sure everything is wrapped well (bubble wrap is perfect) and make sure the beers can’t move around in the box. If you can place the beers in ziplock bags too that helps. Or even in vacuum sealing bags work well too. The biggest things to keep in mind is to line the box with a garbage bag and make sure the items are packed well so they don’t move. Just my two cents and I’m no expert shipper.

Some people like to send beers that like to explode. I won’t name names but I think they like to gamble. Haha [emoji6][emoji6] Just joking around. I will say I did send @CTownBrewer two crowlers last month across the country. The crowlers said to keep cold b/c of exploding cans. Somehow they arrived safely, intact and still cold. They were wrapped in some ice packs and in vacuum sealed bags. That box I went above and beyond with packaging b/c I never shipped possible exploding cans. It’s the only time I’ve included ice packs.

Some people like to send beers that like to explode. I won’t name names but I think they like to gamble. Haha [emoji6][emoji6] Just joking around. I will say I did send @CTownBrewer two crowlers last month across the country. The crowlers said to keep cold b/c of exploding cans. Somehow they arrived safely, intact and still cold. They were wrapped in some ice packs and in vacuum sealed bags. That box I went above and beyond with packaging b/c I never shipped possible exploding cans. It’s the only time I’ve included ice packs.

It really forewarned about exploding cans? Picture?

It really forewarned about exploding cans? Picture?

Well I don’t think it said “exploding” but it was implied. I think it said something like “please keep beer below 45 degrees “ or something like that. Knowing it was a Joose from The Answer I knew what would happen if it did not stay cool.

Now, do I agree with breweries packaging beers that are not fully fermented out or refermenting in the can or bottle? No I do not. I think it’s BS.

I am curious to see what The Veil did to change their sours to keep from “expanding”. See their announcement below on Instagram.
IMG_3008.JPG

It is such a joke, really. Breweries are pushing out beers that are not fermented, and they dump "ton-age" of fruit (as ASB likes to say) into the bottling stream to amp up the fruit forwardness of their unfermented kettle sours. They would lose a lot of the fruitiness that keeps beers moving off shelves and out of their beer fridges if they did things properly.

I hope they all have good lawyers or deep pockets because the moment that someone gets aluminum shrapnel into their eye someone is going to have a hell of a lawsuit on their hand. I can't count on one hand how many explosive cans I've seen come out of ASB...they liter my garage from time to time.

They can take this whole "drink fresh" movement and stick it right up their a$$es!

Just spent two hrs making a list even though I’m 20th....I’m hooked on this stuff

ps...sorry, no way the pliny makes it to twenty one...dying to try that.

Any interest in side trade? Pliny for trillium?

I’d get in on that action. RR drops at my local bottle shop every week.

I’m right there with you @TwistedGray! I’m really curious though to know what The Veil did differently moving forward.

Anyhow, cheers to you my friend!

There was a question about their procedure in the comments and they would not divulge into their “secrets”.

I just shipped back four 4 packs of Lambz and Tastee before they announced this news (old batch maybe).....and at some point they were in my warm luggage......

They didn’t explode, but the cheap aluminum (that almost every brewery uses now in their 16oz cans) took an eff’ing beating

Can you get treehouse?

Treehouse is a no-go. Went for first time this summer. I waited 2hrs to buy Beer, my wife waited 2 1/4 hrs to buy two pints. Awful system set up. And I got to be honest, I personally didn’t even think it was that great. I’d take trillium over the beers i tried from TH(julious/haze/green/bright) Not to mention trillium is 60seconds from my place and TH is 1.5hrs. Just my opinion, i’m sure others would disagree.

Treehouse is a no-go. Went for first time this summer. I waited 2hrs to buy Beer, my wife waited 2 1/4 hrs to buy two pints. Awful system set up. And I got to be honest, I personally didn’t even think it was that great. I’d take trillium over the beers i tried from TH(julious/haze/green/bright) Not to mention trillium is 60seconds from my place and TH is 1.5hrs. Just my opinion, i’m sure others would disagree.
Trillium it is then! I'll PM you shortly

Last round I said I'd let someone choose a brewery and style, this round, I'm choosing everything for you.

As a Connecticut resident, New England IPAs are water. I see 10-15 new ones weekly, and all of them are fantastic.

So this round, no pictures, no specials, just me picking some great NE IPAs for you.

New England Brewing - Sea Hag - https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/357/28565/
Lawsons Finest - Sip of Sunshine - https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/17980/117177/
BadSons - Lupified - https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48923/292753/

and anything else I find. Only the freshest beers, I'll shop/brewery hop Saturday and Sunday and ship on Monday.

Have a Connecticut Brewery you'd like to try, let me know and I'll shop for you.

Oh Yeah, and I got a glass from a Connecticut brewery too. If you're lucky, it may even be a fuzzy baby ducks glass.

WSTBrewing

Latest posts

Back