Fellowship of the Drink XI: Lunar Landings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came home last night to find a box filled with delicious beer! Looking forward to getting these cooled down and trying them all. Thanks, @Br3w4u !

1686A1AD-70A8-4DDA-9246-057D5F24BAEC.jpeg

I came home last night to find a box filled with delicious beer! Looking forward to getting these cooled down and trying them all. Thanks, @Br3w4u !

View attachment 567955
I just had that Punk in Drublic a couple of weeks ago. The one thing that I just can't figure out with it is the fact that there's a bubblegum thing going on in the finish, and I don't know what hop might have that trait.

I just had that Punk in Drublic a couple of weeks ago. The one thing that I just can't figure out with it is the fact that there's a bubblegum thing going on in the finish, and I don't know what hop might have that trait.
If I'm not mistaken it's an ester produced by yeasties, there are a couple of threads trying to replicate that profile

If I'm not mistaken it's an ester produced by yeasties, there are a couple of threads trying to replicate that profile
Typically, that would be likely, but this beer is a lager, so esters are unlikely, I would think.

I liked that beer a lot. Didn’t get any bubble gum and I don’t think it should have anything like that. I have been having problems with stone but I don’t want to complain because I love them and we just started getting them here last November or so. I love the ripper, it’s one of my favorite beers but it’s really only good on tap. I have had 3 six packs where every beer was a gusher and all you could get was foam. When I have it on tap I swear it tastes like a cotton candy IPA!

Man that commonplace German Pilsner was freaking awesome! Best representation of the style that I have had outside of an Octoberfest. I started with the first cut which was fruity and delicious, the comet hops really stand out. Also had a couple of the surprise IPA and man those are so fresh! Thanks @imasickboy

Got an excellent welcome home present today. Thanks for all the good beer @jerbrew. Looking forward to getting these in the fridge and enjoying them all. Not a bad one in the bunch. On my way to leaving positive feedback. Thanks again!

Attachments

• 20180430_213149.jpg
    20180430_213149.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if it’s delayed. I’ve got faith in the big brown truck - the big brown airplane in this case. However, this is the first time I’ve seen a 2 day shipment still be in Montana by the morning of the following day. Usually we have a Billings departure before midnight. Fingers crossed.

El Dorado has been known for a watermelon jolly rancher type character could that be close to the taste? Or it’s just strictly a gum flavor?

Yeah, seconding that request. Mainly because I have a ton of brewery visits coming up and will buy extras for the trade if I think they’ll still be fresh come ship time.

Do you have an idea of the timelines your going to use? I am just wondering if I will have any time with a big overseas move I have coming up.

I think I saw you were heading out July 15th, I would imagine I'll get it set up within the next week or so for an early to mid-June deadline. Will that give you enough time?

I just went through all the offers and see who has sent and who has received. By my count, I think 10 people have yet to receive their package (as of the time of this post).

Since the initial period of time is just a sign up period, could we get the ball rolling as long as the 10 folks who haven’t shipped have a history of trading with people on here and give them the benefit of the doubt?

My pick hasn’t shipped, yet; but, we’ve been in contact and I’m 100% confident I’m going to get a package so I’m really not too concerned about it...

Others may feel similarly.

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if it’s delayed. I’ve got faith in the big brown truck - the big brown airplane in this case. However, this is the first time I’ve seen a 2 day shipment still be in Montana by the morning of the following day. Usually we have a Billings departure before midnight. Fingers crossed.

Starting to get a little concerned, now. Hopefully it's just traveling faster than the updates; but, if it's still sitting in Billings, I'm doubting you'll see it tomorrow. I'll make it right if UPS screws the pooch.

El Dorado has been known for a watermelon jolly rancher type character could that be close to the taste? Or it’s just strictly a gum flavor?
I just looked on stones website and they say punk in drublic features huell mellon hops.

Back