Fellowship of the Drink XI: Lunar Landings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@afro_lou for the win!

16D716EC-87F2-45F2-A057-FD798939D97C.jpeg

I just wish I had more!!! I agree.. That brewery has something special going on for sure.. Missed out on a local can release two weeks ago was so bummed [emoji58]

Went to NYC for a business trip this past November and had to hit it up. The collaborations they did with Trillium at the time were amazing. I'm kind of kicking myself for not picking RevKev's offer, but I got his in FotD X, I didn't want to be a beer hog. :)

Cheers, bud! Hope you enjoy them.

Also, I know that quad dobis is super old, but I think it actually held up ok. It was super over the top when it was right off the line, but it’s mellowed nicely.

No worries here. That's exactly what I need to get things going tonight for the Preds game!

And, to be honest, "super old" to you is (unfortunately) what we're used to up here. I guess I should add that disclaimer to some of the stuff I'm sending out.

I saw some Abyss hit the shelf at the bottle shop I go to and was pumped. It was a year old.

Yep. I'm kinda pissed it didn't come with the staring squirrel, though. Just loaded all of these into the fridge here in the office and can't decide which one to drink first tonight for the last game of round 2.

Dude, don’t think I didn’t think about shipping you that damn squirrel! If there was space in the box...

And yes, that quad dobis will definitely get you going on the right path [emoji6]

I’d love to go to can releases locally to Hoof Hearted, but their tickets sell out in 1 or 2 seconds. If you aren’t on the ball, they’re gone. Then I need to talk the wife into letting me away from her and the 3 kids to pick them up on a Sunday.

I’m going to be coming home to Cleveland for a few days & saw Hoof Hearted has a release Sunday. Their Instagram says they have ticketed & non-ticketed cans available. If I get shut out of tickets online, can you still show up when they open for the non-ticketed cans? Just wanted to check with someone who has gone to their releases before I make any plans.

Side note...I need to be at the airport (Hopkins) by 2:45 PM to catch my flight out, which is about an hour and a half drive.

Doable and/or worth it?

I’m going to be coming home to Cleveland for a few days & saw Hoof Hearted has a release Sunday. Their Instagram says they have ticketed & non-ticketed cans available. If I get shut out of tickets online, can you still show up when they open for the non-ticketed cans? Just wanted to check with someone who has gone to their releases before I make any plans.

Side note...I need to be at the airport (Hopkins) by 2:45 PM to catch my flight out, which is about an hour and a half drive.

Doable and/or worth it?

Generally, if they have beer left from a previous release that you can buy without a ticket, it's first come first served in any quantity you want. If you looking for that, probably best to be there early in the day, like when they open. Anyone can buy those cans and get drafts, can only get new stuff w a ticket.

Back