Fellowship of the Drink II: The Two (beer) Towers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@TBC with the quickness.

He is a machine. He gave me a reason to repack his box and now I am temperature paranoid. Might have to split this one... Things that can be replaced now... Things that cannot if it ever gets above freezing.

TBH, I didn't even think of the single digit temps we are seeing here when I sent mine yesterday. Hopefully they don't blow up on the way. At least they are bagged. Worst case I make it up with some other beers, I guess.

I had another grant to ship and was trying to make sure the recipients would receive them before the weekend so the packages didn't sit in a cold truck!untilnext week and possibly freeze. I'm just glad everything arrived intact. I had a trade coming from Florida and it got damaged at the facility that's about 3 miles from me and then it said it was destroyed and the shipper notified. That's a first for me. Figured it was due to the holiday season and the mad rush.

Same ↑

FedEx shipment for MarkO22 dropped off. They gave me 5$ off after I complained about them not honoring my ACS membership discount

Oh My...Love the tape job!!!Cant wait to get these... Feel like a little kid at Christmas

Came home to a nice package of beer on my door step . Thanks RevKev everything arrived in tip top shape.

KIMG0208.jpg

Had to crack one open after the 12 hour day I had. Friggin delicious and ice cold from sitting outside all day. Thanks RevKev:D

14819303525751551769051.jpg

Got my sweet offer from imasickboy today. Thank you for the extra Troegs brews! Looking forward to trying these.

Or you could make it interesting and say sex toys. That'll teach em for asking.

I've definitely done that in a beer trade. Specifically I think I wrote intimate adult goods. The person at the counter was so uncomfortable they just weighed it and took my money without ever making eye contact.

Got my sweet offer from imasickboy today. Thank you for the extra Troegs brews! Looking forward to trying these.

The Elf is not something to be taken lightly. It's certainly stronger than it tastes, especially if you put some age on it. I do a rolling 5-year vertical every year. Every year is a wee bit different, and this year the 2012 was the best of the bunch. 2016 was second best.

The BA Impending Descent, aside from it's strength, is really rich. Plan for that to be a long sipper.

Enjoy!

The Elf is not something to be taken lightly. It's certainly stronger than it tastes, especially if you put some age on it. I do a rolling 5-year vertical every year. Every year is a wee bit different, and this year the 2012 was the best of the bunch. 2016 was second best.

The BA Impending Descent, aside from it's strength, is really rich. Plan for that to be a long sipper.

Enjoy!

Yeeeeahhhhh.... It doesn't exactly taste 11%.

That said, it's damn good.

Super impressed with the consumption quickness! Cheers!

It arrived at drinking temp and I had been putting a ceiling in the garage when it arrived. I was very thirsty. Killed a box from TBC in the same sitting. Then I passed out and had a delay in posting anything. Thanks again. That modern times was outstanding.

Received a package from @JDXX1971 today. I've never seen something packed quite as well as this was. The box was in a bagged box, which was in a box, with layers of air pillows between everything. I spent a full five minutes afterwards deflating air pillows. It was something to behold.

These beers survived the cross country trip, but will not survive the weekend. Many thanks!

R2Rb9wd.jpg

Received a package from @JDXX1971 today. I've never seen something packed quite as well as this was. The box was in a bagged box, which was in a box, with layers of air pillows between everything. I spent a full five minutes afterwards deflating air pillows. It was something to behold.

These beers survived the cross country trip, but will not survive the weekend. Many thanks!

R2Rb9wd.jpg

Absolutely awesome!!!! I am so glad they made it in good shape. I almost took them out of their packaging but SWMBO convinced me not to and helped me pack it.

Yeah I like to overdo, uh well, everything.:ban::ban:

You are so very welcome, CHEERS!!!

:mug::mug::mug:

R2Rb9wd.jpg

I had this as my number 2 pick and it was literally a coin flip to choose my #1 and #2. Not that it would have made a difference since you picked before me.

Got my package from @Calaeb today! Everything arrived safe and sound thanks to some skillful packing.

11a041ab-dc18-48a2-87cc-759199a91c8b_zpszxy5rizf.jpg

That's an extra can of Suedo Sue! And a bonus pack of Muddie Buddie's I sacrificed to the wife.

Thanks again, can't wait to enjoy them!

Got my package from @Calaeb today! Everything arrived safe and sound thanks to some skillful packing.

11a041ab-dc18-48a2-87cc-759199a91c8b_zpszxy5rizf.jpg

That's an extra can of Suedo Sue! And a bonus pack of Muddie Buddie's I sacrificed to the wife.

Thanks again, can't wait to enjoy them!

The muddie buddies made some good packaging noise! lol

57f2af3e-bd10-483c-a03c-b6b19a18d4a6.jpg

My package arrived today, in perfect condition I might add, what a nice surprise. Sneaky guy you,
@ pointcity-homebrew.

Got my FODT opener with the package too!! Now I can open those beers in style.

Received my package from @patrickgoss. I also did a side trade with Patrick that is why there is so much. I actually don't even remember what was in the original grant other than the glass, zombie dust, and gumballhead. I've only had the alpha king so I'm excited to try all of these. Patrick your box was like the jelly of the month club. It was the box that kept on giving. I emptied the box that was inside and when I went to move the empty box it was still heavy. Found 4 more beers! Thanks again.

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

Received my package from @patrickgoss. I also did a side trade with Patrick that is why there is so much. I actually don't even remember what was in the original grant other than the glass, zombie dust, and gumballhead. I've only had the alpha king so I'm excited to try all of these. Patrick your box was like the jelly of the month club. It was the box that kept on giving. I emptied the box that was inside and when I went to move the empty box it was still heavy. Found 4 more beers! Thanks again.

Now give us what we want and put one of those dust in a glass next to your clone!

Glad they all made it

@patrickgoss here is a side by side the homebrew dust is in the Russian river glass from the first FOTD from afro_lou. I figured I would try to dress it up a little. My clone was based off of skeezerpleezer's clone. It's close, the real zombie dust is smoother, which can be very dangerous! My clone is hoppier I will dial back the dry hop next time. As for the real zombie dust, it lives up to its reputation. Now I only need to try dark lord to check off Three Flyods. Maybe I'll ask Mrs. Claus if we can go to dark lord day.

IMG_0606.jpg

They look pretty close. How old is the clone? Looking forward to the next round. :mug:

Same I was a fearing frozen beer but they came at perfect serving temperature.. thank you kind sir! And happy holidays all fellowship followers!
🍻

Yeah, that is one of the reasons imasickboy's package got so many air pillows. I figured it would be well protected and insulated.

Merry Christmas to all :mug::mug::mug:

Hey everyone! Hopefully the holidays were awesome to you, and you managed to spend as much (or as little!) time with family/friends as you wanted. Now that things are beginning to settle down, if you have not yet received your beer shipment please send me a PM and let me know.

Send me a PM regardless of whether or not you've heard from your shipper -- I'm trying to get a list of people who I need to potentially follow up with in the future. That said - if they've reached out, let me know that also. :)

In a similar vein, if you've not yet shipped out your beer, please reach out to your recipient and let them know when you think you'll be able to get it in the mail. This time of year is tough - I expect delays - but good communication is key!

For those of you who have received your beers, enjoy. I certainly enjoyed mine! (Thanks again, @TBC ! Those were delicious!)

My grant has been received, been busy.

Another round down, maybe next round I will get something outside of my distribution.

It is 2017 now.

A few thoughts on round 3. The participant limit was raised from 1-2 (15 up to 20), would we want to do this again? I like that it allows a few new people into the mix, but don't want to go messing with a formula that isn't broken.

trying to mimic the schedule of this round, if we post the new thread next monday it would look like this:
Monday 1/9 - Create thread
Thurs 1/19 - all offers due
Sunday 1/22 - drawing

Does that seem reasonable?

Latest posts

Back