Fantasy Football 2014 #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Maybe I'll drink the Boulevard while watching the Colts game on Sunday. It'll either be a good celebration or at least high enough alcohol content to drink away my sorrows :D

The Boulevard is terrific - and tasting even better now that I'm celebrating the Colts victory!
Would be interesting to see what this one would taste like with a bit more age.

So that's a no, but how about 6?

I am open for 8 even, but it would have to be a majority vote of you guys. I am always open for suggestions and changing the rules for next year based on everyone's thoughts. My personal vote would not be 8 though. :D

Let's play the season and have the top 10 teams make the playoffs. Then change the bale to the NBA ... or NHL.

Oh wait. We'll have to wait until the NFL goes to an 18 week season to do this. :D

My preference would be to stick with the top 4, but maybe add a built in side bet for the consolation bracket. This way there's something for 8 teams to keep playing for at the end of the season. I could potentially be talked into the top 6, but definitely not 8 teams.

My preference would be to stick with the top 4, but maybe add a built in side bet for the consolation bracket. This way there's something for 8 teams to keep playing for at the end of the season. I could potentially be talked into the top 6, but definitely not 8 teams.

Thats actually what we did last year. I was in the 5-8 bracket and we all four placed a bet on that. the 3 losers sent the winner beer. :mug:

That's what made me think of it - unfortunately I was so far out of it last year that even the consolation bracket was beyond me. Much better this year with only 16 teams :D

Something has to be done about teams left unattended after a few losses though.

Since we're tracking who sends beer out this year, I assume that means those members will get first crack at getting back in next year. Anyone who did give up would probably be less likely to send beer out and would be less likely to join again next year.

There will always be a couple people at the bottom, for one reason or another...

Yeah - I was watching yesterday and it doesn't seem like it has moved since Friday. Hopefully it shows up unharmed in the next few days.

Well, back on track, sort of. Arrived in North Salt Lake this afternoon, scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

Sweet. Do you have a tracking number so I can have a rough idea when to watch out and make sure someone is around to get it inside the house?

Thats actually what we did last year. I was in the 5-8 bracket and we all four placed a bet on that. the 3 losers sent the winner beer. :mug:

I thought the 4 of us sent each other beer.

Also, I shipped and the winner received my package.

I haven't sent any beer out for any of the leagues. Life getting in the way but it'll be special for the winner.

Sorry guys - life has been getting in the way and I haven't been home to try any of the homebrews. I'll be home next weekend so will definitely be doing some sampling.

Mailed 15$ of Northern Brewer Gift Cards, let me know when you get them. (I moved to BMC land and there aren't any unique brews so Baseball said a giftcard was ok).

Back