Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Khabibulin is back with Chicago... I couldn't be happier, unless they brought Byfuglien back.

I'm a big fan of Khabi's. Really REALLY enjoyed watching him in Tampa. Thought that was a great team. I hated to see him leave Chicago and can't be happier that return.

I believe he's going to have a great season this year. Can't wait to watch him play with a good team in front of him again.

Here is a hockey related craft I think the folks in Toronto could appreciate.

It's an origami hockey jersey!

161267606_640.jpg

It should be pretty easy for them, since they already know how to FOLD so well.

You're off your game lately. Preseason mode I hope. You'd better step it up come Tuesday.

Khabibulin is back with Chicago... I couldn't be happier, unless they brought Byfuglien back.

I'm a big fan of Khabi's. Really REALLY enjoyed watching him in Tampa. Thought that was a great team. I hated to see him leave Chicago and can't be happier that return.

I believe he's going to have a great season this year. Can't wait to watch him play with a good team in front of him again.

Isn't he like 100 years old?

Khabibulin is done, Bryz would be a way better choice for backup. Unfortunately he would cost too much
Be careful he doesnt have vodka in the water bottle

Goofynewfie said:
Khabibulin is done, Bryz would be a way better choice for backup. Unfortunately he would cost too much
Be careful he doesnt have vodka in the water bottle

Nah he's a solid pick up for a back up. He has more than enough in the tank to fulfill that role. With the defensive core the Hawks have he just has to be decent. Would have liked to get him a tad cheaper but could be worse.

Kessel should have gotten more for his slashes. Clarkson should have have stayed on the bench if he didn't want the AUTOMATIC NO RECOURSE DO NOT PASS GO suspension.

Nah he's a solid pick up for a back up. He has more than enough in the tank to fulfill that role. With the defensive core the Hawks have he just has to be decent. Would have liked to get him a tad cheaper but could be worse.

Have followed hockey the last few years? when he wasn't injured or drunk he did nothing in Edmonton until it was a contract year

Kessel should have gotten more for his slashes. Clarkson should have have stayed on the bench if he didn't want the AUTOMATIC NO RECOURSE DO NOT PASS GO suspension.

It's just 1 game per slash! Simple Shanamath!

The "spear" that everyone seems to be pissing and moaning about wasn't a spear at all, rather more of a poking of a caged bear.

Its preseason, he probably wasnt going to play those last couple anyway. More of a "token" ruling IMO. during the reg season it would probably be 3 games too, just a matter of the timing of the offence

I think the fact that it's Phil Kessel with zero prior incidents vs. John Scott with his ogre-like ways had the most to do with it. Goons shouldn't jump stars, it's that simple.

But man, so many comments around the internet suggesting it's typical Leafs-favouritism. Which is funny, because most Leafs fans will tell you that they think the League works against them.

October 1, hurry the F up.

Most teams will claim the league is against them...

Anyway, the coach should just sit him a few games for being a PV55Y. Kind of a cowardly thing to do IMO when they drop gloves and the other guy drops his stick to have a go.

Anyway, the coach should just sit him a few games for being a PV55Y. Kind of a cowardly thing to do IMO when they drop gloves and the other guy drops his stick to have a go.

Yeah, that's not what happened. Generally you need to drop your stick as you drop your gloves... kind of hard to keep holding onto it, you know?

Oh, and Shanahan even basically considered the first slash JUSTIFIED. What does that tell you?

Did you even see the replay? This isn't what happened.

phil kessel said:
“put 'em in that situation and see what they do,” the toronto maple leafs winger said wednesday. “i think a lot of people that can criticize that. Let's see what they could do out there versus a guy like that. I think they'd all be in a lot of trouble.”

phil kessel said:
“i don't know what else i'm supposed to do in a situation like that,” he said. “obviously i didn't handle it the best way, but i don't know what else you can really do.”

Goofynewfie said:
Have followed hockey the last few years? when he wasn't injured or drunk he did nothing in Edmonton until it was a contract year

Yeah I've followed hockey for quite some time... He's behind a great D and Crawford is going to take the lion's share of games, I think he'll be fine. Just my opinion... Anyway there's no way bowman would pay for Bryz as a backup and I'm short on other names that would be better..

One year contract, not worried.

Doesn't anyone else appreciate the irony of an Edmonton fan criticizing Chicago's goaltending situation? You're all gonna just let that go?

So what if Khabibulin sucks. Does that mean Chicago will lose every game he's in? So their record will be what - 65-10-7. Poor Blackhawks.

Didn't the Bulin Wall retire like 5 years ago?? What's going on??

This season ever going to start??

I think Detroit has two games against Toronto to end the preseason. And now they won't even get to play against Kessel!

Do
So what if Khabibulin sucks. Does that mean Chicago will lose every game he's in? So their record will be what - 65-10-7. Poor Blackhawks.

I'll come out and say it, the Blackhawks are not going to repeat as champions and will not have the type of season they had last year.
Here is why:
1. goaltending is not as solid as it was last year. Khabi is a big time downgrade over Emery
2. this year they are going to be playing Eastern Conference teams as well. that means less games against teams like the flames or the Coyotes and more games against teams like the Penguins and the Bruins.
3. teams like the Oilers and the Stars have made significant improvements over last year.
4. it is a full season this year, they are going to get more worn down and there's bound to be more injuries ( although this will affect all teams)

2. this year they are going to be playing Eastern Conference teams as well. that means less games against teams like the flames or the Coyotes and more games against teams like the Penguins and the Bruins.

And the Panthers and the Lightning and the Canes and the Sabres. That's not a very solid argument. There are terrible teams in both conferences.

I'll come out and say it, the Blackhawks are not going to repeat as champions and will not have the type of season they had last year.
Here is why:
1. goaltending is not as solid as it was last year. Khabi is a big time downgrade over Emery
3. teams like the Oilers and the Stars have made significant improvements over last year.
4. it is a full season this year, they are going to get more worn down and there's bound to be more injuries ( although this will affect all teams)

1. Emery was a big downgrade compared to Niemi.
2. Didn't the Blackhawks beat the Bruins in the cup finals?
3. Compared to what, the Lightning?
4. So each team's star players take a bruising unless you're Edmonton. Because you have no star players.

Not a bad idea but I'm loathe to pay more just to unblock games. Plus there's free radio broadcasts of the games, so I can listen to the Hawks games that way. I've done that a couple times and it's actually sort of fun, chilling out on a cold night with a warm fire and listening to a sports radio broadcast. Beer doesn't hurt either.

Been doing this for the past two seasons. WGN broadcasts a ton of games and they have a free app that you can get for your smart phone. Works out excellent! And all for the low low price of free!

Goofynewfie said:
Here is why:

They're going to be a top seed, once you're in the playoffs they have as much a chance as anyone, more than some.

JLupul9:52am via Twitter for iPhone
Wow, even the US government is shutting things down to watch Leafs/Habs on opening night. What a spectacle!

Also, in other news:
e40a627a2ab111e3984e22000a9d0de0_8.jpg

Haha....at the bargain basement price of $8m per year for the next 8 years.

$1m/year too much. Hes a great player, but not in the same category as perry, weber, giroux, etc. He is one of the better goal scorers in the league, but needs to become a better 2 way player

Latest posts

Back