Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon, no good can come from re-writing history.

Thomas carried the Bruins to the 2011 Cup and did it standing on his head, as anyone who watched every game will testify. His skills that year were insane.

Unfortunately, he actually went insane, did a bunch of stoopid stuff that crushed his Q rating, and he was "Outta Heeyah". That's life, **** happens, some people really do have loose screws.

Last year Tukka had as big a year as Thomas did in 2011 - and Bruins fans loved every bit of it, even if the team came up a bit short of their ultimate goal. Hopefully this season will be as memorable...

Cheers!

What nobody commenting on how awesome their team is in preseason??

I KNOW there have to be some Philly or Boston fans champing at the bit to extol their teams virtues this early in the preseason...

What nobody commenting on how awesome their team is in preseason??

I KNOW there have to be some Philly or Boston fans champing at the bit to extol their teams virtues this early in the preseason...

Sens are undefeated this year! I think they have a realistic shot to go 82-0 this year.

Considering buying Game Center Live for a few reasons, not least of which because I ditched cable. It even works on a Roku. $149.99 for 8 months

That's what I do. I use unblock-us to un-blackout the games. You will need a VPN to do this - especially since the good games are usually nationally-broadcasted so they're blacked out all over N. America.

Picture quality is better than I ever got with cable. I use an Apple TV.

It's fun to check in on Edmonton from time to time.
"Do those guys still suck?"
**puts game on**
"Yup."

That's what I do. I use unblock-us to un-blackout the games. You will need a VPN to do this - especially since the good games are usually nationally-broadcasted so they're blacked out all over N. America.

Picture quality is better than I ever got with cable. I use an Apple TV.

I thought about that but, fortunately for me, only Minnesota Wild games will be blocked so I can watch the Hawks no problem. PS3, Roku, and Sony Blu-Ray hooked up to each TV and I have my Android phone. I may actually OD on hockey this year, if I buy this package.

How do you like it? More importantly, what do you not like about it?

I like a lot about it, I use it on my Xbox, the video quality is great, the stream comes through smooth. The dvr and playback capability is good.

I don't like that you don't get any national televised games, Boston for example either plays on NESN (considered my local broadcaster) or one of the big networks, so even the games that NESN doesn't cover, I don't get live. But for my extremely out of market games (I follow a lot of Detroit games, LA, Chicago etc) it works great.

That said, I have heard that the use a VPN to get all of the blacked out games, works wonderfully. I wouldn't know :drunk:

I like a lot about it, I use it on my Xbox, the video quality is great, the stream comes through smooth. The dvr and playback capability is good.

I don't like that you don't get any national televised games, Boston for example either plays on NESN (considered my local broadcaster) or one of the big networks, so even the games that NESN doesn't cover, I don't get live. But for my extremely out of market games (I follow a lot of Detroit games, LA, Chicago etc) it works great.

That said, I have heard that the use a VPN to get all of the blacked out games, works wonderfully. I wouldn't know :drunk:

Great, thanks for the mini-review. I think I'm probably about 90% sold on it. Now, to convince the wife, who was not happy that I ditched cable and all of her Housewife shows. This may take some finagling.

Great, thanks for the mini-review. I think I'm probably about 90% sold on it. Now, to convince the wife, who was not happy that I ditched cable and all of her Housewife shows. This may take some finagling.

Netflix, Hulu, and gamecenter keep us going. The ability to spread the gamecenter over 8 payments is what sold the wife on it. We don't have cable either.

If you want a really good private torrent site to get all the shows your wife misses (a lot of shows are up within 5-10 minutes after airing) and more (great tracker for everything but music), I have some spare invites provided you're willing to maintain a 1:1 ratio.

I thought about that but, fortunately for me, only Minnesota Wild games will be blocked so I can watch the Hawks no problem. PS3, Roku, and Sony Blu-Ray hooked up to each TV and I have my Android phone. I may actually OD on hockey this year, if I buy this package.

Hmm - I'd be careful. Cup-winning Hawks might have a few more national-broadcasted games than usual, leaving you frustrated and cursing at the worst possible time.

If you run in to trouble, check out unblock-us. They have a free 7-day trial (no CC required for trial) and it literally takes 2 minutes to set up. Very easy to do following the website instructions. If it works, then it might be worth the $5/month to keep you going.

Hmm - I'd be careful. Cup-winning Hawks might have a few more national-broadcasted games than usual, leaving you frustrated and cursing at the worst possible time.

If you run in to trouble, check out unblock-us. They have a free 7-day trial (no CC required for trial) and it literally takes 2 minutes to set up. Very easy to do following the website instructions. If it works, then it might be worth the $5/month to keep you going.

Not a bad idea but I'm loathe to pay more just to unblock games. Plus there's free radio broadcasts of the games, so I can listen to the Hawks games that way. I've done that a couple times and it's actually sort of fun, chilling out on a cold night with a warm fire and listening to a sports radio broadcast. Beer doesn't hurt either.

Found out the other day the Sens have a game vs the Caps in November that isn't on TV, anywhere! What the hell? It's 20 friggin 13, and there is a game I can't watch?

Ridiculous.

Are games not televised anywhere available on game centre live, or should I try to find a free stream at somewhere like firstrowsports or something?

So, Sens and laughs tonight eh?

It's gonna be the Karlsson show, get ready Paulster!!

Ryan with a couple, EK65 with a hatty, 5-1 sens win. Book it.

Whoops.

Anyway don't expect much from the stars in the preseason my young apprentice. The established players are just messing around out there. Guys like Raymond and Bolland who are new and/or trying to fight on to the team are the ones who actually try.

Kadri did this? HAHAHAHAHAH

1hATAHp.jpg

Found out the other day the Sens have a game vs the Caps in November that isn't on TV, anywhere! What the hell? It's 20 friggin 13, and there is a game I can't watch?

Ridiculous.

Are games not televised anywhere available on game centre live, or should I try to find a free stream at somewhere like firstrowsports or something?

I hate it too. Just have to get feeds to my phone with updates on the plays.

If the Wings don't stop hurting themselves, they are going to need half of the Griffins again this year!

Just checked out the NHL Network schedule and it looks like there are a couple of games a day. Detroit and Chicago on Sunday at 5pm. WOOT! :ban:

Ridiculous.

Perhaps they will show it at your local Canadian Tire store.

Whoops.

Anyway don't expect much from the stars in the preseason my young apprentice. The established players are just messing around out there. Guys like Raymond and Bolland who are new and/or trying to fight on to the team are the ones who actually try.

Kadri did this? HAHAHAHAHAH

1hATAHp.jpg

Kadri didn't do that. Clarkson did when he grabbed Pageau's hat when he was tied up with Kadri. And don't forget, Pageau is lucky if he's 5'5 and 120 lbs

StittsvilleJames said:
Kadri didn't do that. Clarkson did when he grabbed Pageau's hat when he was tied up with Kadri. And don't forget, Pageau is lucky if he's 5'5 and 120 lbs

So what's a Habs player doing on the mighty senators?

So what's a Habs player doing on the mighty senators?

Learning what it's like to play with winners...

I haven't had as much fun watching hockey since the sens went to the finals, as I did last year watching the habs implode, and get beat up on the score and the fights. It was glorious.

And the answer the habs came up with was George "The Mighty Stache" Parros? LOL

I almost feel bad for them. Almost.

And FYI, Pageau is from Gatineau, which is part of Ottawa. The crappy french part, but still part of Ottawa (whether the Quebecois like it or not...)

Ok, even though Detroit lost yesterday, I got to watch some almost real hockey. It was a pretty good day.

Time to start planning the opening day food and drink menu.

What a mess last night in Tarranna! Surprised all of you Leafs-haters haven't chimed in yet.

"Kessel is a ***** - suspend him forever for his 2-hander lumberjack chops!"
"Clarkson is stupid - 10 games for him hahahahahah!"
"Carlyle is a terrible coach - he didn't put goon vs. goon on the ice!"
"The Leafs suck, they will lose yet again, 1967, Maple Laffs, Harold Ballard, you stupid fans should stop showing up until they are good again, herpedy derpety dee!"

The next time Toronto and Buffalo meet will be on November 15. And yours truly has tickets! Now spending an evening in America's Armpit doesn't seem so bad...

Ok, even though Detroit lost yesterday, I got to watch some almost real hockey. It was a pretty good day.

Time to start planning the opening day food and drink menu.

Ugh... for the last time, nobody cares about the Western Confer- oh, wait. Carry on, and welcome to the land of the meaningful my previously-forgotten friend!

Ugh... for the last time, nobody cares about the Western Confer- oh, wait. Carry on, and welcome to the land of the meaningful my previously-forgotten friend!

Ha ha!

I'll have you know that Toronto is now one of my favorite teams. Looking forward to seeing their ass kicked regularly. :rockin:

Imagine there's a place that isn't Toronto where thousands of people would show up to stand outside and watch a game with their friends. Oh what a wonderful world you might live in. Unfortunately you're stuck being a lesser human being, cheering for a lesser team of lesser importance with lesser awesomeness.

Greatest fans on earth. God bless 'em - good 'ol Ontario boys! And thats all I have to say. about. that!
don_cherry_march_3.jpg

Toronto really dodged a bullet in the buffalo game, according to Kadri, Lupul held him back from leaving the bench to join the brawl. They are lucky because:
1. Kadri being suspended the same tame as clarkson and kessel would be a big hole to overcome
2. Given his history im surprised Lupul didnt get injured while restraining him

Seriously though, Scott had no business trying to jump Kessel. Kessel can't realistically defend himself from a 6'8 neanderthal The rules pretty much allow Scott to do that but **** a team over for a guy who gets off the bench to do nothing. Because of the cap space, it pretty much guarantees we'll be without Franson for the duration of the suspension as well.

Clarkson should have stayed on the bench given the fact it's an automatic suspension, but the whole thing is bull****. The fact that Buffalo now has an advantage due to something they never should have started is unreal.

Back