Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm it appears that Colorado no longer sucks as bad as Edmonton.
Fast team with some real D and a goalie who stops pucks. Interesting...

Watched Toronto play a great game against Ottawa but couldn't get the Detroit/Boston game. Being in the Niagara region of Ontario might make it hard to catch Red Wings games on TV. I have to go to bars to watch. I don't think its worth trying to catch them play Phoenix tonight.

My brother is a dirty Sharks fan. Anyone watch them whoop the Rangers? My bro sent a video of Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl's highlights. I'm a little out of the loop without TV or internet at home, is NY's goaltending just awful? Or did SJ have an amazing night?

I'm sorry to have to do this but it needs to be done.

Best uniform in all of sports and 2 cups in the past 4 years, and the majority of last year's team intact? I like our chances.

OK, I lied. I'm not sorry. I'm laughing my arse off. Hey Hawks Brewer, do you wear your helmet to bed or just on the little yellow bus?

PTN

Whoops, now it says assisted by JVR. Who looks like he's earning his paycheck tonight too.

Are the Sharks for real this year or will they burn out after 7-8 games like last year? I know Hertl provides some extra offense but have the improved their defense since last year? I haven't had a chance to look yet.

Phil Kessel continues to play well, and appears to be slightly underpaid.

Based on how badly they're getting outshot, I'm guessing Bernier continues to play like a puck-stopping forcefield? Not looking good for Optimus Reim. :eek:

And Toronto continues to show that PDO, Fenwick close, etc aren't the be-all end-all of the game. "But it will have to catch up to them!!!1! It's inevitable!!ONE!"

Another dominating win by the Leafs. And once again, with so many key players missing.

Kessel nets 3 points, Bernier gets a shutout, and the Leafs improve to 4-1-0 (losing only to the still unbeaten Avs, while missing *5* key guys). What an excellent night. An unsurprising night, but still, most excellent.

BWQ10PRCEAACA87.jpg

He's getting pretty close to Berniering bridges for Reimer, too.

emjay said:
Based on how badly they're getting outshot, I'm guessing Bernier continues to play like a puck-stopping forcefield? Not looking good for Optimus Reim. :eek: And Toronto continues to show that PDO, Fenwick close, etc aren't the be-all end-all of the game. "But it will have to catch up to them!!!1! It's inevitable!!ONE!"

Bernier looks awesome. He bailed them out a few times and the Leafs finally all seemed to click in the 3rd and play like they did last year.
Hope this is the end of their sloppy play.

Advanced stars show how lucky they continue to be. It's just luck everyone, don't worry.

At least it's not the Pens and Flyers yakkity yak. The Leafs deserve to give a bit of trash talk after all of those years of horrible teams and choking. It won't last too long anyway.

Man this place is quiet when Toronto's winning. Centre of the hockey universe, indeed!

https://www.google.ca/search?q=centre+of+hockey+universe

I don't understand. Are you pointing out that Toronto is only referred to as the "Centre of the Hockey Universe" by Toronto fans and not the hockey world in general? Because if that isn't your point, you really should examine the top 5 results again.

And dude, it's been 5 games. Perhaps the leaf fans should take some remedial math when they sign up for the reading comprehension classes.

I don't understand. Are you pointing out that Toronto is only referred to as the "Centre of the Hockey Universe" by Toronto fans and not the hockey world in general? Because if that isn't your point, you really should examine the top 5 results again.

And dude, it's been 5 games. Perhaps the leaf fans should take some remedial math when they sign up for the reading comprehension classes.

Huh? That's an 80% win rate. We're on pace for 66 wins, 132 points. Bernier is on pace for 40 shutouts if he plays every game from now on. Now that Kessel is back into his groove starting last night, he is on pace for 79 goals, 158 assists, and 237 points.

And this is all with missing the equivalent of an entire O line + D pairing of key players injured or suspended - and in the case of our only unlucky loss, a 6th key guy as well (abandoning his team to be with his wife while she was giving birth... the traitor).

There's a reason we already seriously have our parade planned out.

StittsvilleJames said:
I don't understand. Are you pointing out that Toronto is only referred to as the "Centre of the Hockey Universe" by Toronto fans and not the hockey world in general? Because if that isn't your point, you really should examine the top 5 results again. And dude, it's been 5 games. Perhaps the leaf fans should take some remedial math when they sign up for the reading comprehension classes.

Hey! 80% of those games have been great! Wait, you're not still butthurt after that sweet comeback on Saturday are you? Don't worry maybe the Sens won't blow their next lead, should they be so lucky to have one.

What number of games am I allowed to be happy? 10? That's when Clarkson gets back, so yeah. 20? That's about when I head to buffalo, so yeah. Do I have to wait for more??

Just let me know the rules whenever you can. Thanks!

Goofynewfie said:
3 wins if you go by the toronto sun ;)
You need to understand the hate that many Leafs fans, myself included, have for the local rags like the Sun and the Star. They are awful. Just google image search for Sun Kadri baby Leaf and see what I mean. In other news, Toronto gets outcorsi'd yet again, however: Average distance of Preds shots on goal last night = 40.6. Average for #Leafs = 30.3. TOR had 13 shots from <20 ft, NSH only 5.

Hey! 80% of those games have been great! Wait, you're not still butthurt after that sweet comeback on Saturday are you? Don't worry maybe the Sens won't blow their next lead, should they be so lucky to have one.

What number of games am I allowed to be happy? 10? That's when Clarkson gets back, so yeah. 20? That's about when I head to buffalo, so yeah. Do I have to wait for more??

Just let me know the rules whenever you can. Thanks!

I firmly believe that Leaf fans shouldn't be happy. Ever.

In all honesty though, I'd be nervous if I were a leaf fan, because of the HBO 24/7 camera's. I seriously believe it's going to ruin Kessel's year. Thoughts?

I firmly believe that Leaf fans shouldn't be happy. Ever.

In all honesty though, I'd be nervous if I were a leaf fan, because of the HBO 24/7 camera's. I seriously believe it's going to ruin Kessel's year. Thoughts?

I don't think Kessel would have signed an 8-year, limited (whatever that means) no-trade clause contract extension in Toronto if he truly was unable to deal with the media.

StittsvilleJames said:
I firmly believe that Leaf fans shouldn't be happy. Ever. In all honesty though, I'd be nervous if I were a leaf fan, because of the HBO 24/7 camera's. I seriously believe it's going to ruin Kessel's year. Thoughts?

Hahaha what?

I'm excited so we can all see that Kessel is just like everyone else - has fun, gets along with his teammates, and is pretty much just another boring normal dude when ******* reporters aren't asking him trap questions. It will put this Kessel is an enigma myth to bed once and for all.

Also, it takes more than a month of TV cameras to bury talent like that!

Hahaha what?

I'm excited so we can all see that Kessel is just like everyone else - has fun, gets along with his teammates, and is pretty much just another boring normal dude when ******* reporters aren't asking him trap questions. It will put this Kessel is an enigma myth to bed once and for all.

Also, it takes more than a month of TV cameras to bury talent like that!

Kessel is scared of people, plain and simple. Even the media scrum after practices or games make him uncomfortable .When HBO is at every practice, every game, looking for constant quote material ("Universe is humongous big..." etc.) Kessel will draw inward into himself, and his production will decrease signifcantly and the team will falter without him.

Tell me in January that I'm wrong.. when 4-1 in October turns into 20-25 in January.

In conclusion, go Sens, FU Leafs ( and habs to a slightly lesser extent)!

PS Mason Raymond was on a PTO and not signed by anyone for a reason, he'll drop off.

Well.... Was a good game, thought the oilers had it. IMO the refs missed a call in ot that led to the winning goal but thats no excuse, it goes both ways and happens to all teams. Next time the oil could benefit

Not sure what is going on but Dubnyk is the weak point this year. The rumor is that if he doesnt pick up his game soon the oil may talk to Bryzgalov or make a trade for a goalie.

Wow Dubnyk and the oilers D is brutal. And Wow the Sharks are good.
Bad night all around.

Although I don't think Leaf fans should be too happy with Bernier or their d either, almost as bad as the oilers!

StittsvilleJames said:
Wow Dubnyk and the oilers D is brutal. And Wow the Sharks are good. Bad night all around. Although I don't think Leaf fans should be too happy with Bernier or their d either, almost as bad as the oilers!
Even when Toronto plays like ****, they're still better than the Oilers. Always said Dubnyk was garbage, now he's approaching Vesa Toskala staus. And your theory on Kessel is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Impossible to respond to stupidity on such a high level. Oh, and it's 5-1. Bernier?
tumblr_mul513aGiR1sndzfgo2_400.gif

And Raymond looked great again, hahahaha. It's like everything you say is exactly the opposite of what actually happens!

Even when Toronto plays like ****, they're still better than the Oilers. Always said Dubnyk was garbage, now he's approaching Vesa Toskala staus. And your theory on Kessel is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Impossible to respond to stupidity on such a high level. Oh, and it's 5-1. Bernier?
tumblr_mul513aGiR1sndzfgo2_400.gif

And Raymond looked great again, hahahaha. It's like everything you say is exactly the opposite of what actually happens!

That Bernier save was the result of some crazy sloppy defensive zone coverage. Greate save, sure, but that puck goes in 9 out of 10 times.

And the non call was BS, be honest. Guess Bettman wants his winter classic to mean something in the standings...

StittsvilleJames said:
That Bernier save was the result of some crazy sloppy defensive zone coverage. Greate save, sure, but that puck goes in 9 out of 10 times. And the non call was BS, be honest. Guess Bettman wants his winter classic to mean something in the standings...

Oh, Toronto played like ****, that's for sure. Love how you can put down a game-saving save though. Classic Sens fan BS.

Refs were terrible on both sides for the entire game - in the end the 170lb superstar gets worked over by the 210lb D. Go figure.

5-1. Say it out loud. It sounds so nice.

Back