Easy & Cheap Stainless Vent Hood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3. Hypothetically, could I turn the duct twice at 90 degrees to dump the condensation into a sink or sump basin, to alleviate the condensation and not cause any negative air pressure?
I was wondering the same thing. Couldn't some sort of PVC pipe design be constructed to eliminate the necessity for exterior venting? I'm no thermal engineer (but i work with some maybe i should reach out lol) but it seems like there would be some way to design a solution that doesn't require it (or additional water spray). Something that condenses it and allows the majority of the steam to exit into a catch bucket, sink or similar.

I need to thank you because this was one of the first brew thread I read and convinced me to build my basement home brewery. I built almost a carbon copy of you setup and it has worked perfectly with my electric kettle. I just tried my first finished brew last Saturday and I can see myself now brewing for a long time to come. This is an awesome forum! :)

View attachment 609584 View attachment 609585
Now for you next project - get an Automation Fermentation Control, from this site -
HOWTO - Make a BrewPi Fermentation Controller For Cheap
This is a great site for Brewers!

I was wondering the same thing. Couldn't some sort of PVC pipe design be constructed to eliminate the necessity for exterior venting? I'm no thermal engineer (but i work with some maybe i should reach out lol) but it seems like there would be some way to design a solution that doesn't require it (or additional water spray). Something that condenses it and allows the majority of the steam to exit into a catch bucket, sink or similar.

Make your exhaust ductwork, the condenser..........20 or 30 feet of downward exhausting, fan cooled metal ducting would probably be a good start.......;)

PVC would probably work, but not conduct heat as well, so ya' might need and additional 20 feet...........But I'm no Thermal Engineer.......

Back