Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrNickVT said:
Do they still hold the Guinness record for the longest band name?

I believe that honor goes to a two man Mexican band named paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis. They write some messed up sh!te from what I understand.

mikeysab said:
Well i could prove it by granting this wish, but i'm trying to give someone new a chance.

Well, whoever ends up granting this should take care of this guy for sure. I imagine this MAW experience has been a bit of a roller coaster ride for him.

pkrath84 said:
Man, this community is awesome. Its very exciting to be able to grant someone's wish as well as knowing that so many are ready and willing to grant yours. This place is something else - Love the good vibes

Here's a bump with an update or 2:

Dark Lord reg or ba
Cigar City Huna
Goose Island: BCCS (Coffee), Cherry Rye Bourboun County, Vanilla, Rare, etc..
The Abyss
Founders CBS
Alesmith BA Speedway Stout
Surly Darkness
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
Hills Farmstead any sour
Russian River Beatification
Bruery: Black Tuesday, Chocolate Rain, Sour in the Rye (Peaches), Ichigo Highway
Brooklyn Black Ops
Bells Black Note
BA Plead the 5th

Bump

Key west shoot me your address I have you some Conan yeast.

Forcabrew (Ed) brought it. Thanks a ton for the hook up. Will post pics when I get to a computer.

I could use some of that Conan! I'm going to try to harvest from dregs of a single can probably tonight... It may not work but who knows!

I would love some Conan when you guys have it ready. I have yet to snag a can to do myself.

pkrath84 said:
I could use some of that Conan! I'm going to try to harvest from dregs of a single can probably tonight... It may not work but who knows!

It will absolutely work, if it's been sitting in the fridge for at least a week and you don't get too greedy when you pour the beer. I made a stepped up starter working from 500 ml up to 2000, and after a week I have a thick pack of nice healthy looking yeast. Just make sure everything is very clean, more so than usual. I probably sacrificed 2-3 ounces of my precious can of Heady.

image-1984176707.jpg

The Conan in the bottom of a Can of Heady will be very viable, I stepped up 2 cans back in November and have been using it ever since. Ive re-pitched it 8 times now, I think the next pitch is the end of the line though bc its not floccing out at all although its a low flocc strain anyway.

imo you need to start your steps low though, 250ml of 1.020 wort to start then go to 500ml of 1.035-40 wort then 1.5L.

I still have a vial of my original culture that I am going to wake up soon, I plan to build a big culture and freeze it. The MAW's ive done have included a vial with the beer and I plan to do it everytime as a bonus.

Coff said:
The Conan in the bottom of a Can of Heady will be very viable, I stepped up 2 cans back in November and have been using it ever since. Ive re-pitched it 8 times now, I think the next pitch is the end of the line though bc its not floccing out at all although its a low flocc strain anyway.

imo you need to start your steps low though, 250ml of 1.020 wort to start then go to 500ml of 1.035-40 wort then 1.5L.

I still have a vial of my original culture that I am going to wake up soon, I plan to build a big culture and freeze it. The MAW's ive done have included a vial with the beer and I plan to do it everytime as a bonus.

Thanks for the info. I'll be up at the brewery in July and plan on bringing some HT back (obviously) and growing some Conan for my club. Ok, mostly for me but I'll include my club.

Is this the current list?

pkrath84 said:
Man, this community is awesome. Its very exciting to be able to grant someone's wish as well as knowing that so many are ready and willing to grant yours. This place is something else - Love the good vibes

Here's a bump with an update or 2:

Dark Lord reg or ba
Cigar City Huna
The Abyss
Founders CBS
Surly Darkness
Hills Farmstead any sour
Bruery: Black Tuesday, Chocolate Rain, Sour in the Rye (Peaches), Ichigo Highway
Brooklyn Black Ops
Bells Black Note
BA Plead the 5th

Dark Lord reg or ba
Cigar City Huna
The Abyss
Founders CBS
Surly Darkness
Hills Farmstead any sour
Brooklyn Black Ops
Bells Black Note
BA Plead the 5th
Deschuetes Black Butte
Zombie Dust
Terrapin Wake n Bake
Kona Pipeline Porter

Yessir! Updated

pkrath84 said:
Dark Lord reg or ba
Cigar City Huna
The Abyss
Founders CBS
Surly Darkness
Hills Farmstead any sour
Brooklyn Black Ops
Bells Black Note
BA Plead the 5th
Deschuetes Black Butte
Zombie Dust
Terrapin Wake n Bake
Kona Pipeline Porter

Yessir! Updated

I can fill this but the two beers from the list that I have are common shelf beers. I can add a few extras that you might be interested in, but if you really want the big stuff from the first versions of the list, you should hold out.

I can fill this but the two beers from the list that I have are common shelf beers. I can add a few extras that you might be interested in, but if you really want the big stuff from the first versions of the list, you should hold out.

I don't want to be "that guy" But I would like to hold off some some of the more interesting fare, whats the ruling on that though? Do I have the ability to pass or do I just take what comes?

I don't want to be "that guy" But I would like to hold off some some of the more interesting fare, whats the ruling on that though? Do I have the ability to pass or do I just take what comes?

If you would prefer other stuff then you probably should take off what you didn't want.

I know you pmed, but just another note. Even if you put easy to find stuff, chances are the person that claims it will make up for it with something pretty cool that you never thought of.

TheMan said:
I know you pmed, but just another note. Even if you put easy to find stuff, chances are the person that claims it will make up for it with something pretty cool that you never thought of.

I pm'ed back. hopefully we'll know soon.

^Guys chill. I'm not complaining, I owned up to not thinking, and reached out to the generous man.

Wish granted, address sent. Now lets see that list, blizzard!

Back