Budwieser brewing is hard.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is certainly bizarre. They really love their 40's and mockery. They also hate Juggalo's. Thought the two groups would have a lot in common?

I only read the Miller Lite thread. That was plenty. Odd that they hate Juggalos, I'd figure a large percentage of them were Juggalos.

i'm glad you guys found something even more bizarre than this community! ;)

it really is hilarious threads like these that really put the icing on the cake and keep me coming back to this thing.

Just a little something I worked up...

brewedthehumanway.png

You know what blows my mind? Craft beer doesn't cost 59 times as much as a bud or any macro beer... not even close. I can't imagine the markup given their scale...

I'm pretty sure that all you opinionated folk that absolutely hate AB for their productions of awesome American Lagers couldn't even come close to turning out anything comparable, not with out calling it your beloved "Farmhouse or sours" (and Que the piss in the bottle jokes).
Fact of the matter is they do make beer, whether you like it or not, beer is beer. Don't get me wrong I absolutely hate those guys, but I'll admit I hate them for stupid reasons. Reason that I think many home brewers won't admit to. I hate them because I'm jealous, I'm jealous because years and years ago some dude made a great batch of beer. Obviously it was good. With this batch he blew up and took over the world made a bagillion dollars (if you don't know a "bagillion" is a lot of money) and was able to start buying a lot of cool **** to make more and more and more beers. I'm jealous of the bagllion dollars they made which allowed them to hire scientists and really nice shiny equipment. I'm jealous that they were able to take their home brew and magnify it by like a gabillion x2 (which if you didn't know is a lot of beer x2). I like Bud especially on a hot day, do I like all the beers that AB puts out hell no, just like I don't like all the beers that Sierra Nevada puts out yadda yadda yadda. Look you haters are going to hate but whats sad is that empowers people and you might be totally oblivious to it. So pipe down brew a lager, and do some soul searching. LOL that was fun. Oh I have two Budweiser clones lagering as I type.:rockin:

Now that's funny lol. I can go to bed now I got my laughs in..... Great american lager he says.... Now that is a classic :cross:

Just out of curiosity, what is your example of a "great" American lager (or Light American Lager as is BMC)?

PBR would be a start. Original Lone Star might go 2nd, and I've only had a coupe of Yuenglings but I remember them being pretty tasty. It's entirely possible to make an Anerican Lager that doesn't taste like fermented sugar water.

PBR would be a start. Original Lone Star might go 2nd, and I've only had a coupe of Yuenglings but I remember them being pretty tasty. It's entirely possible to make an Anerican Lager that doesn't taste like fermented sugar water.

I would agree that Yuengling is an exceptional lager.

PBR is made by MillerCoors under contract brewing now. It doesn't change the recipe but is interesting none the less.

I'm sure someone touched on this, but manycraft brewers look up to bud in a way. Bud brews consistent product. No matter where in the country you get one, you get the same experience over and over again. At the scale they do that at, it's truly fantastic.

That being said, still wouldn't touch that crap with a 40 foot pole. If I'm buying a cheap AAL, I'd go PBR or if I'm back home I go Yuengling.

Back