Budwieser brewing is hard.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bu gee you probably were traumatized with their hard work. Pilsners beers can taste good and pilsner grains are used in several types of beer.

Pilsners have their place in the world but call a spade a spade, Budweiser tastes like piss. Unless its free... then it tastes like ambrosia.

While I will say their SB commerical was hypocritical and *****ery, I will admit that they are impeccable on their beer. Not saying its something to rant or rave over (unless its a 90 degree summer day mowing the lawn, etc) but they produce a sh*tload of beer with the upmost quality control. All BMC brewers do. Imagine brewing the same recipe/style over and over again, one that I might add doesnt have leniency for off flavors or mistakes, and be consistent with it and able to ship it worldwide.

Im not saying these guys brew better tasting beer (though is an American light lager or American lager supposed to have much flavor?), as the only time I buy it is my week at the track for the Indy 500, but I respect their process, quality control, and consistency.

While I will say their SB commerical was hypocritical and *****ery, I will admit that they are impeccable on their beer. Not saying its something to rant or rave over (unless its a 90 degree summer day mowing the lawn, etc) but they produce a sh*tload of beer with the upmost quality control. All BMC brewers do. Imagine brewing the same recipe/style over and over again, one that I might add doesnt have leniency for off flavors or mistakes, and be consistent with it and able to ship it worldwide.

Im not saying these guys brew better tasting beer (though is an American light lager or American lager supposed to have much flavor?), as the only time I buy it is my week at the track for the Indy 500, but I respect their process, quality control, and consistency.

My bowel movements are fairly regular. Praise me.

How come no one ever praises Little Debbie for making batch after batch of plastic-wrapped oatmeal cookies that are precisely consistent every time? I sort of thought that's what industrial process control was for, not something that requires consummate artisanship.

How come no one ever praises Little Debbie for making batch after batch of plastic-wrapped oatmeal cookies that are precisely consistent every time? I sort of thought that's what industrial process control was for, not something that requires consummate artisanship.

Those products in Little Debbie contain more ingredients/preservatives than you have groceries in your fridge. BMC is set at a high and expected standard of control, but they brew beer with the same four ingredients as us homebrewers. Little Debbie and other food manufacturers use a lot more crap then we. Therefore its not as comparable.

I will never understand the "Consistent Argument" as some defense for BMC.

Consistently making bad beer is not to be admired, it's failure perfectly repeated.

I have yet to buy a beer and say, "Wow this beer is consistent, I will buy it again just to see if it changes."

Consistently making bad beer is not to be admired, it's failure perfectly repeated.

I have yet to buy a beer and say, "Wow this beer is consistent, I will buy it again just to see if it changes."

None of what you described keeps it from being hard.

Those products in Little Debbie contain more ingredients/preservatives than you have groceries in your fridge. BMC is set at a high and expected standard of control, but they brew beer with the same four ingredients as us homebrewers. Little Debbie and other food manufacturers use a lot more crap then we. Therefore its not as comparable.

BMC is an industrial process obviously. My bottles of Miller Lite do not list ingredients. Just a Gubbment warning in case I'm pregnant or something like that. How do we know they brew beer with four ingredients? They seem to not be required to disclose the ingredimuts.

Its a "bad beer" is your opinion of it, not fact. Im not saying its good beer, as in its what I go for on a consistent basis, but I dont feel its to the point where I have to have my arm twisted to have a pint... Again though, thats not a fact, thats my opinion.

It is however brewed to style though on a consistent basis. And they have won awards for it, more than once. Therefore, other brewers and judges feel the same.

Im not trying to play devil's advocate here. My favorite style is sours, followed by pales, stouts, etc. But for the American Light Lager and American Lager style, that is the comparison.

I remember their take on a belgian wheat. It was consistent over and over again. And it was horrible (IMO) but must have been to everyone else as well, because it didnt stay long.

BMC is an industrial process obviously. My bottles of Miller Lite do not list ingredients. Just a Gubbment warning in case I'm pregnant or something like that. How do we know they brew beer with four ingredients? They seem to not be required to disclose the ingredimuts.

If you drink whilst pregnant, your child has a 50% chance of coming out as Bruce Banner... DC cant risk that...:ban:

Its a "bad beer" is your opinion of it, not fact. Im not saying its good beer, as in its what I go for on a consistent basis, but I dont feel its to the point where I have to have my arm twisted to have a pint... Again though, thats not a fact, thats my opinion.

It is however brewed to style though on a consistent basis. And they have won awards for it, more than once. Therefore, other brewers and judges feel the same.

Im not trying to play devil's advocate here. My favorite style is sours, followed by pales, stouts, etc. But for the American Light Lager and American Lager style, that is the comparison.

I remember their take on a belgian wheat. It was consistent over and over again. And it was horrible (IMO) but must have been to everyone else as well, because it didnt stay long.

I think it's pretty well acknowledge that most comments on this board are in someway an opinion, and I believe that most people are capable of decided which is a fact and which is an opinion.

It's going to get real tedious to post here if we have to write like lawyers.

"The following is an opinion:..."
"The following is a documented fact, here is my research to prove it..."

Be that as it may, BMC consistently makes bad beer.

Rice, that's one of the ingredients I have never brewed with before.

Is this the reason it's hard to brew bad beer?

You generalized incorrectly. Table sugar is a fermentable. Would you drink a beer that is 75% table sugar?

In many breweries that use hops, grains, water, and yeast in their logo, I dont see corn sugar, flaked maize, oatmeal, table sugar, honey, etc... Does that mean that they cannot use brew cream ales, oatmeal stouts, etc? I mean, those are fermentables used in beer, arent they?

Farmhouse. We call them farmhouse.

LMAO. Yup - brewing quality lagers is pretty difficult. the lighter the fewer mistakes we can get away with - right?

This made me laugh because I'm now convinced that any "failed" lager can be sold as farmhouse or a Saison. Seriously makes me question whether the "style" is just an accident to begin with. . . :ban:

I brew an excellent american lager. It's very consistent, too.

But it's not hard, so maybe they're doing something wrong...

Rice, that's one of the ingredients I have never brewed with before.

Is this the reason it's hard to brew bad beer?

Ive brewed with rice. A cream ale. Brewed it a few times. Very good beer. Does it instantly make it bad that I brewed with that ingredient? If cream ales arent your style, then yeah, I wouldnt expect you to like it. But it doesnt mean its a bad beer.

So many hipsters here that hate lagers. I see it all the time. Whatever makes you feel superior. Real men only drink sweet hoppy beers of course. That said I do not care for Bud, but man do I love a good pilsner or cream ale.

Ive brewed with rice. A cream ale. Brewed it a few times. Very good beer. Does it instantly make it bad that I brewed with that ingredient? If cream ales arent your style, then yeah, I wouldnt expect you to like it. But it doesnt mean its a bad beer.

Thanks for the clarification, we have ruled out rice as the culprit for Budweiser consistently brewing bad beer the hard way.

If you drink whilst pregnant, your child has a 50% chance of coming out as Bruce Banner... DC cant risk that...:ban:

Thank god I was never pregnant because I ALWAYS drank when I was never pregnant [and operating heavy machinery]. ALWAYS was wasted while operating heavy machinery...that was my rule.

So why are ingredients not listed on beer labels?

Now I want to brew a good old American lager. A beer that is just a beer. That's what I want to drink right now, but all I have is weird stuff. Chocolate stouts, cherry beers, Rauchbier and still some of that Confederate beer. Need to bring that to work. It should be carbed by Saturday.

Latest posts

Back