Brews for New Avenues 2018!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed out on oyster and gueuze unfortunately. Tbh I kinda hate the randomized process for buying tickets as I literally didn’t even have a chance to buy, but such is life I guess.

Obviously, iso oyster and gueuze tickets if anyone can’t make it!

Feeling lucky to have VIP tickets! O&G waitlist is a long shot, but hey, you never know.

What's the deal with the Bokkereyder event?

Also in Team Missed OG as well. I've never been more disappointed to not hand over money.
giphy.gif

Also missed O&G but scored VIP Tix. Guess I'll just rest my liver for Saturday.
Enjoy it dude - wife and I went to 3 straight VIP events and each one was subsequently (and has remained) our favorite beer event. Pro tip - don't bike, take an uber. This was us after the last one we went to - the wall of beer can be quite the temptress.

lqgrdzIwXNaND859cYIy_1082052951.jpeg

Enjoy it dude - wife and I went to 3 straight VIP events and each one was subsequently (and has remained) our favorite beer event. Pro tip - don't bike, take an uber. This was us after the last one we went to - the wall of beer can be quite the temptress.

Oh ****! A wild DBA appears! I owe you a phone call dude. And I need to get a shipping wish list from you too.

If you shuck oysters for 3 hours you won't have this problem.

Missed out on oyster and gueuze unfortunately. Tbh I kinda hate the randomized process for buying tickets as I literally didn’t even have a chance to buy, but such is life I guess.

Obviously, iso oyster and gueuze tickets if anyone can’t make it!

The queue/randomized thing isn't something I personally like either, being someone who is generally quick on the trigger and very good at getting tickets, but literally every other aspect of that site is better/more efficient for administering the events and makes life much easier on all of the NAFY employees and volunteers behind the scenes. So, as with many things in life... compromise. Perhaps we could try to configure it without the queue next year, but then you may have page loading issues which can be even more frustrating. As with everything, we'll evaluate and try to improve where we can.

Those of you who missed out on tickets, be sure to put yourself on the waiting list(s). Lots of time between now and the events... You never know.

Regardless, thanks again to all of you for your generous support over the years!

The queue/randomized thing isn't something I personally like either, being someone who is generally quick on the trigger and very good at getting tickets, but literally every other aspect of that site is better/more efficient for administering the events and makes life much easier on all of the NAFY employees and volunteers behind the scenes. So, as with many things in life... compromise. Perhaps we could try to configure it without the queue next year, but then you may have page loading issues which can be even more frustrating. As with everything, we'll evaluate and try to improve where we can.

Those of you who missed out on tickets, be sure to put yourself on the waiting list(s). Lots of time between now and the events... You never know.

Regardless, thanks again to all of you for your generous support over the years!

Yeah, I totally get it-as with anything there is always a compromise, and I completely understand. I remember last year that people were upset with how quickly it sold out/felt like they never had a chance to get it, so the queue does give everyone an equal shot (but as you had mentioned, I’ve also generally had pretty good luck with the first come first serve, hence my preference). If it makes it easier on the NAFY crew, by all means keep it going, was just one persons opinion, and I totally get the reasoning for doing it.

Regardless, I still got VIP and am certainly happy with that, and will hold out hope for the waitlist!

to all you lovely Wall of Beer donors who like to drag your ass until the last minute to send in your bottles: I am putting together another giveaway with a lovely incentive if we hit a high number of early donation boxes - my ticket to Oysters & Gueuze. details to come in the next few days!

Anyone that wants to go running around Brews tell me.
Wednesday 22 Aug - 6:30am November Project
Thursday 23 Aug - morning, Forest Park?
Friday 24 Aug - morning, wherever?
Saturday 25 Aug - 7am, waterfront? Bridges? Forest Park?

Calling it now, you’ll need a bigger venue next year

We could easily sell a lot more VIP tickets, but we aren't. We want to keep the atmosphere we have and allow everyone during VIP to try the exclusive beers, if we sell 400 VIP tickets we can't do that :(

Now, if we need a bigger venue due to a lot more GA demand remains to be seen:)

If it’s Uber-able, then hell ya. Love the Wildwood trail.
Where are you staying? It's an easy run from downtown or the Pearl. I usually enter near Upshur or Raleigh (Lower Macleay Trail to Witch's castle). Depends on how far you want to go, could go all the way to Occidental over the St Johns bridge, grab a beer, and Uber back; it is somewhere in the neighbourhood of 10ish miles. (That'd be Wildwood, Leif Erikson, to Ridge, to St Johns).

Over near Hopworks on williams ave.

As long as my knee isn’t ****ed, I could make that happen.
Let’s do it! Could be a run/hike. Drink some occidental lagers after... **** thy aren’t open till 3 or 4.
Awesome Mexican food then at Tienda or go to Homegrown Smoker, vegan bbq.

Latest posts

Back