Breweriana Make A Wish!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and @lotbfan I'm hoping to get to another local brewery next week to add to your box before I ship it out. Haven't forgotten about you.

Be nice guys. Just went though a tough storm that shut down schools and flooded everywhere! lol To clarify, wednesday or thursday your box should be on its way. Glassware and Lots of amazing HB.

I wasn't busting your chops, I've been in the mindset that it was a very crappy Monday up until that point. Realizing that its actually Tuesday seriously boosted my mood.

Be nice guys. Just went though a tough storm that shut down schools and flooded everywhere! lol To clarify, wednesday or thursday your box should be on its way. Glassware and Lots of amazing HB.

Glad to hear you are ok, I was watching the news earlier while drinking a beer.

Glad to hear you are ok, I was watching the news earlier while drinking a beer.

Im nowhere where it floods often. My neighborhood could flood but im on the top of the hill so im fairely safe. Houston always floods every time it rains just this time west and east texas got hit hard and lots of rain real quick. It was an amazing lightning storm last night though

Im nowhere where it floods often. My neighborhood could flood but im on the top of the hill so im fairely safe. Houston always floods every time it rains just this time west and east texas got hit hard and lots of rain real quick. It was an amazing lightning storm last night though

Does it always flood that bad?

Not all the time. I think the last time it flooded this bad (actually a lot worse and more widespread) was '01 when we had a slow moving tropical storm that kept moving back over the city and dumping rain. After that, they did a lot of improvements on drainage, but this time we have already had so much rain over the last 3 weeks that the ground couldn't take any more. Some places last night got 11 inches of rain in just a couple hours. Plus a lot of water moves through Houston's rivers and bayous on its way out to the ocean, so all the rain north and west of the city caused it all to bottleneck in the city and overflow. The water just had nowhere to go.

Not always. Just a few spots around the city and country that floods constantly but its minor. Everything is so saturated and water logged so any rain will pool up.

Like west said. It was tropical storm allison which came in did a loop and when back to the gulf and became a hurricane and it alabama. I remember that. I was in College Station

30469.png

GOT IT!!!

My List is just any cool looking glassware. No shaker pints because I have ton already. I like the 9oz snifters. Signs (Bar room) or what not. Love some sour breweries (De garde, apoth, etc.) glass. Not picky. My mega want is a Fantome glass if they are around.

Cheers!

My box is sent. Just updating. Anything not a shaker pint. Some unique glassware is what im after. It doesnt matter the brewery. If you send one from that brewery is a bonus. My main want is a fantome glass. Especially if its the crooked steam one. Also any 9oz snifters.

Great hit from DC! Really excited to try out the funky homebrews. Thanks again!
View attachment 281460
Took about 15 min to open this one, haha
View attachment 281461
Some closeups
View attachment 281462
View attachment 281463
View attachment 281464
View attachment 281465
And an awesome koozie, lol
View attachment 281466

Glad they all made it and hope you will enjoy them all. Funky/sour is my game lol. I hope the corked bottle is carbed. Might be very low (mistake). Also been holding that koozie since 08 lol. Use it with pride

Careful with the tea. That stuff is dangerous. Also keep it away from the wife. She might drink it all lol

Nice haul! By the way, that's a picture of Dustin on the koozie.

Hey... that if i do not shave in a while... jeeze. I shave..

My List is just any cool looking glassware. No shaker pints because I have ton already. I like the 9oz snifters. Signs (Bar room) or what not. Love some sour breweries (De garde, apoth, etc.) glass. Not picky. My mega want is a Fantome glass if they are around.

Cheers!

Current list

My box is sent. Just updating. Anything not a shaker pint. Some unique glassware is what im after. It doesnt matter the brewery. If you send one from that brewery is a bonus. My main want is a fantome glass. Especially if its the crooked steam one. Also any 9oz snifters.

This.

Great news and OK news:

Great news is that I made it in time and was able to nab the glassware, you are a champion!

OK news is that they repackaged the beer and are sending it back to you. They would not release it to me, but the guy was nice enough to grab the box off the truck, open it, take the glasses out, and reseal it to send your way. I lost 12 de Garde Imps when the handlers decided to "destroy" them instead of sending them anywhere, so I consider this a win. Whatever they were are going to be back in your cellar a few days for the next trade, which is awesome.

Could have been a lot worse. For what its worth, the semi wet glasses smelled nice, so it must have been a great bottle that broke!

Thanks again, very happy on my end! Pics when I get home and crack something to put in them :)

Well I'm glad you got the glassware anyway. I should've told the guy that the bottle without a label wasn't alcohol, haha. There were beers to match each glass in there...

Again, really sorry about that.

Well I'm glad you got the glassware anyway. I should've told the guy that the bottle without a label wasn't alcohol, haha. There were beers to match each glass in there...

Again, really sorry about that.

Every time i ship i worry about breakage. People work for these companies do not care and destroy the boxes. Its frustrating just have to make sure there is no movement and bubble wrap the **** out of it

Every time i ship i worry about breakage. People work for these companies do not care and destroy the boxes. Its frustrating just have to make sure there is no movement and bubble wrap the **** out of it

That box was really well packed and lined with a trash bag. I think it was too hot to ship a growler and there was probably a liter of beer sloshing around in there.

Hey now! I care. ;)

But the guy that is making $9.00 unloading trailers baking at 120°F probably doesn't.

Back