blueberry melomel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cseifert151

Reaction score
So i am very new to the world of melomel and even regular wine making, really. I am trying my hand at a blueberry melomel.

1 gallon batch
(all items listed are just what i would like to use but are not in the quantities i plan to use, just what is available to me

22 oz frozen blueberries
32 oz Just Blueberry - blueberry concentrate
6 lb of honey
wyeast sweet mead yeast
preferred ABV 8% (will use campden tablet to prevent re-ferm in secondary)

Im looking to make either a semi-sweet or sweet batch. I would like a good blueberry flavor to come through, but i am not sure if i should use the concentrate or whole blueberries (or both) in first/secondary.

I have always just sort of guessed at recipes and they turn out ok, but i would really like to start to take the time to learn how to make a high-quality product and why certain orders of ingredients can change to affect flavor. I apologize if this is a confusing post, I would just really like to have a great final product and I'm not quite sure how to get there. Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back