What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BA Local Quad. Kid you not, a spitting image of Westvleteren12. Bravo! đź‘Ź

PXL_20240401_000133092.jpg

I'm about to grill lambchops for Easter Monday lunch. We'll be drinking a a local rose bubbly with the appetizers, 2020 Chinon red(Philippe Brocourt) with the chops and a 2014 Bordeaux whit the cheese course.
In our area of France, and in many other areas, rose wines are not the least bit sweet.
20240401_104141.jpg

I'm about to grill lambchops for Easter Monday lunch. We'll be drinking a a local rose bubbly with the appetizers, 2020 Chinon red(Philippe Brocourt) with the chops and a 2014 Bordeaux whit the cheese course.
In our area of France, and in many other areas, rose wines are not the least bit sweet. View attachment 845483
And the jar that is labeled Mirabelle is plums soaked in eau de vie, a pleasant after dinner fruit snack.

The last of the xmas-gift-beers from my son-in-law... This one is kinda weird, tastes very much like those malted-milk-ball easter candies.

Definitely not my favorite beer from the Madison WI region. I'm not-so-secretly hoping that @Gadjobrinus will see this and say "well, you just need to try a mug of 'Weary Dark' at the Weary Traveler over on Willy Street", so I can reply with "well duh, any ideas on cloning that one?!?" :rock:

1712028681198.png

An amber from a brewery in Bourges France, a gift from a sister in law who is 78 years old and has never had a drink in her life. But she always brings me beer local to the Bourges area.
The label say amber with spices, but I don't really taste the usual beer spices, so it's better than I anticipated.
20240402_200159.jpg

Back