What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A fairly new local brewery that apparently has just been on fire since opening and I still have not fond the time to visit. Greenbush Brewing and this is thier DIPA Brother Benjamin. Thier bottle labels are effin beautiful matte finish and crazy creepy pictures. The beer is fabulous!!! 114 IBU and 10.1% smells like a tropical bomb when poured. Its a pretty in your face hop bomb. Glad I bought the 4 pack and not a single.

ForumRunner_20130407_210714.jpg

TNGabe said:
Gah. Sounds terrible! 32A?

Yep. 32A. It really wasn't bad. Did you pick up on a minty/bubblegum flavor in it? It was more noticeable as it warmed.

WesleyS said:
Yep. 32A. It really wasn't bad. Did you pick up on a minty/bubblegum flavor in it? It was more noticeable as it warmed.

Nope. Haven't heard that from anyone. Interested hear what you think about the other half of the batch.

Cream of Three Crops. It's getting really good! Now that I have 20 gallons in the pipeline, I don't have to drink one thing until I'm sick of it (bottling 5 more gallons tomorrow).

NIZZLE said:
Is that any good? I been wanting to try it

It wouldn't be anything special if it wasn't for the badass nitro cans. That's what really make it. It is super drinkable, I had 4 pints of it tonight and it didn't kill me. The mousey foam and creamy mouthfeel is what moves it from mediocre to damn good. I just wish they'd do more beer like this.

bottlebomber said:
It wouldn't be anything special if it wasn't for the badass nitro cans. That's what really make it. It is super drinkable, I had 4 pints of it tonight and it didn't kill me. The mousey foam and creamy mouthfeel is what moves it from mediocre to damn good. I just wish they'd do more beer like this.

Yes, the nitro can is where it's at. I thought I was a fan of Young's Chocolate Stout before. Then I had it from the can. Almost a completely different beer. Loved it even more than from the bottle.

Today was my sons 4th birthday party and we had a bunch of people over..... I also just finished my keezer and the beer of choice for the adults was my Irish red which I must say turned out much better than I thought it would..... So about 2 gallons went today but I'm keeping the ball rolling with my Seamus the red Irish red ale.

image-3088621365.jpg

Never again! It's ok to gag one of these down but I'll be damned if I'd do it again.

Is that apricot?

Water, because I still have to run. I thought maybe since fruited Berliner Weisse can look like Gatorade, it was an acceptable pre work out beverage, but I was wrong.

Just finished an Old Pavilion Pils while putting a beef brisket and several very large potatoes in the smoker (I also need to whip up a batch of my BBQ sauce). I have a cream ale on deck...

How is the white IPA?

It's a refreshing brew. But I stand by my original rating of roughly 3 out of 5. Not hoppy enough. More of a wheat beer with a touch of hops at the end. I like it, but it's not in my top-10 IPAs. I like their double IPA just a tad better than the white IPA. I like supporting the locals. Two Roads is out of Stratford, CT.

Drinking one of my Brett Tripel's in celebration. The ESB I'd designed as a future celebratory beer for this very occasion that I ironically rebrewed 2 weeks ago isn't ready, so this will ahve to do.

If you've been watching the news and/or lived in the UK in the 80's you know why I'm celebrating.

Drinking one of my Brett Tripel's in celebration. The ESB I'd designed as a future celebratory beer for this very occasion that I ironically rebrewed 2 weeks ago isn't ready, so this will ahve to do.

If you've been watching the news and/or lived in the UK in the 80's you know why I'm celebrating.

Margaret Thatchers dead?

Thought I would brighten up this gloomy foggy and rainy day here with a Key Lime Pie Ale. Rimming the glass with graham crackers helped what was missing but maybe can use a little more lactose, overall a good clone and a nice 9%!

ForumRunner_20130408_170910.jpg

Thought I would brighten up this gloomy foggy and rainy day here with a Key Lime Pie Ale. Rimming the glass with graham crackers helped what was missing but maybe can use a little more lactose, overall a good clone and a nice 9%!

That looks and sounds tasty recipe. Or is it I secret?

That looks and sounds tasty recipe. Or is it I secret?

Nah no secret lol. I can pm it to you. First shot at Shorts clone so still needs adjustments. I think I nailed the key lime aroma and flavor but need a little more bready and biscuity malts to mimic the crust better maybe more lactose and a touch of vanilla.

"Marget, Margret, please say no more!"

Back