What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20130408_185539_Hagrid.jpg

Belgian quad from a homebrew club member. It's actually pretty awesome.

Na my lighting just sucked..

Made a 10 gallon batch with a buddy was something like this:

pale malt 68%
munich 15.5%
carared 6.2%
victory 2.3%
crystal 40L 1.6%
crystal 120L 1.6%
Pale chocolate malt 200 srm 1.6%
1 lb of corn sugar

Lots of CTZ, and Amarillo hops in the boil bigger additions later 50 ibus or so..

My buddy dry hopped his 5 gallons with Centennial and I dry hopped mine with Citra and Amarillo. I like his better (don't tell him though)

Only thing I would do different next time is up the corn sugar to 1.5 or 2lbs and I'd use a more neutral yeast like my buddy did. He used us-05 and I used a yeast cake of WLP007 (still a darn good beer but I got less out of the hops)

My Serrano Pale Ale! Very good pepper heat that fades ands smoothed nicely on the back end. Just what I was trying for, but I wouldn't want any more heat than it has. Mmmmmmm....!

NIZZLE said:
agreed not as good as it once was.

It was the first Bells I ever had (back when it was Sol Sun). Probably my introduction to craft beer. I like it but probably my least favorite Bells beer (I have to be in the right mood for wheat beer).

It was the first Bells I ever had (back when it was Sol Sun). Probably my introduction to craft beer. I like it but probably my least favorite Bells beer (I have to be in the right mood for wheat beer).

I know what you mean it is good but not worth all the big hype imo. Bells has way better beer for sure :)

image-277116226.jpg

Bought this the other day to round of a "buy 3 bombers, get a glass" deal. Not bad at all; leads with big caramel coated orange/tangerine rind on the nose. Not too bitter and tons of orange and tropical fruit flavors. Little bit of a bite from the nine six, but the sweetness and orange meringue-like hop flavors back it up. Finish is long, lingering orange/tangerine hop flavor. Did I mention this tastes like orange candy?

Billy-Klubb said:
I can put those in my basement for you. they might not be there when you want them, but they might be.

Sure, why not. Here's an idea. We dump them in that keg you used for the Falconer's AL. Maybe it will never run dry. ;)

Still havent had^ that(twin sisters) one yet. Havin a Double Dorado though =double delicious definatly enjoy it more than a Hopslam and probably Hoptimum as far as a 10%er. +1 on aging the oaksmoked stone barleywine-had 1/3 of a bottle yesterday and thought it finished harsh with overpowering oak and hops/ mainly the bitterness killing the smoke character,and thought it needs at least a year on it by the end of the snifter. May get one to age a year or three. Didnt really enjoy it as is but do see its potential. Just really seemed in need of rounding out.

Greenbush Brewing DuneGräs IPA. Awesome! Great balance but a really dank aroma which I love. These guys are fairly new and local but Im definitely buying more of their stuff. Nizzle if you havent checked them out you should.

ForumRunner_20130408_210950.jpg

jonmohno said:
+1 on aging the oaksmoked stone barleywine-had 1/3 of a bottle yesterday and thought it finished harsh with overpowering oak and hops/ mainly the bitterness killing the smoke character,and thought it needs at least a year on it by the end of the snifter. May get one to age a year or three.

I figured as much. My plan was to let one sit for about a year and then let the second one sit for an additional year or so.

No beer for me, stuck in the hospital unexpectedly. Keep em coming guys, I have to live through you the next couple days.

Back