What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jerryteague said:
Ok, the Firestone is something I've wanted to try for a long time. I'm so jealous...

Maybe we should hook something up! I actually get this stuff at the grocery store. It's THAT common around here.

I might give in to a beer tomorrow. With southern tier coming to town and founders is on its way too. Hope they save some kbs for us Texans! (Though I probably won't get any because I have a job that stops that).

80 shillings Scottish ale

image-199020934.jpg

xtian116 said:
Maybe we should hook something up! I actually get this stuff at the grocery store. It's THAT common around here.

Absolutely! Message me. I'm sure we can figure something out...

Nope, took the day off. I have to get the lawnmower fixed.

Good deal. Old Raspy 4 hrs before waking up is usually a bad idea in my experience. :drunk:

And having one the last 2 bottles of batch 1 of my sour porter while watching 'the Nightman Cometh' episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Oh Boy!

I lied saving the blonde for a different night going with a HB midnight maple wheat.

20130402_225937_Hagrid_Antonio.jpg

EDIT: ostomo. This beer changes everytime I crack one. Sooooo good. I have to hide the rest to age.

TNGabe said:
Good deal. Old Raspy 4 hrs before waking up is usually a bad idea in my experience. :drunk:

That's my thoughts too. On a good note though, I don't have to be up at any certain time... I'm thinking about a Mini Guinness next though...

DisturbdChemist said:
I might give in to a beer tomorrow. With southern tier coming to town and founders is on its way too. Hope they save some kbs for us Texans! (Though I probably won't get any because I have a job that stops that).

I'm so glad Southern Tier and Founders are on their way. Now Firestone Walker needs to hurry up down this way and life will be grand. We probably won't get any KBS. But I'll take any Founders over no Founders.
I can see it now. Soon I'll be able to enjoy a Creme Brûlée Stout, Breakfast Stout and a Wookey Jack all in one night without having to get my parents to bring it from Chicago or trade for any of it.

BrewinHooligan said:
Rye IIPA after turning a wrench for the past few hours. My engine that threw a rod will get yanked and replaced tomorrow. Oh, and I got a promotion today so drink up fellas!

I'll drink to that!

But I'm seeing doubles!

Swarley88 said:
Drink up sir! If you only seeing doubles you have room to improve.

I'm working on it! Come on people, are you all from back east? It's only 11:41 and this dies? WTF?

I lied saving the blonde for a different night going with a HB midnight maple wheat.

EDIT: ostomo. This beer changes everytime I crack one. Sooooo good. I have to hide the rest to age.

I agree, it has been a constant changer. I have 3 left from 4 months ago Im gonna be throwing in the fridge.

I'm so glad Southern Tier and Founders are on their way. Now Firestone Walker needs to hurry up down this way and life will be grand. We probably won't get any KBS. But I'll take any Founders over no Founders.
I can see it now. Soon I'll be able to enjoy a Creme Brûlée Stout, Breakfast Stout and a Wookey Jack all in one night without having to get my parents to bring it from Chicago or trade for any of it.

Firestone should be here in Houston 3rd quarter this year. I had a few southern tiers and enjoyed them. Can't wait to try more. I believe bottles are already showing up by them and flying saucer down town has kegs tonight and pint glass to give away. Founders will only be in kegs this month but bottles are coming next month. I can't wait. The crazy bastard (scotch ale) was amazing. The bank is probably going to hurt soon but with founders here bells might be planning to come too.. I hope

MrNic said:
Coffee and donuts. I won't be having any beer for a few days because my wife is getting induced for labor tonight. We should have our little guy sometime tomorrow!

That's awesome, congratulations! I'm having coffee right now, as well; but only because I had way too many last night, and I'm feeling it this morning.

MrNic said:
Coffee and donuts. I won't be having any beer for a few days because my wife is getting induced for labor tonight. We should have our little guy sometime tomorrow!

Congratulations!
My wife went into labor the day she was supposed to be induced. Our daughter wanted to come out on her own terms I guess. It kind of fits with her personality now.

WesleyS said:
Congratulations!
My wife went into labor the day she was supposed to be induced. Our daughter wanted to come out on her own terms I guess. It kind of fits with her personality now.

I didn't know you had offspring.. Just the one?

Prepping to mash in my Huma Tropic Pineapple DIPA and this came in! Its about 35° outside so its pre chilled :rockin: be cracking them later today. Thanks Gabe! Just checked the tracker and says yours should arrive today as well Cheers!

ForumRunner_20130403_133307.jpg

Trip to Florida has been an awesome beer experience, even though most of the new beers are not Florida brewed. Currently drinking a Ballast Point Sculpin IPA (awesome).

Also discovered Widmer Brothers Nelson Imperial IPA (Oregon ) on this trip. Had some Jai Alai (good but the least of the three mentioned here).

I am still yet to taste anything to rival Two Hearted, though.

MrNic said:

Congrats MrNic, hope all goes well and speedy. I have two of my own. First one?

bottlebomber said:
I didn't know you had offspring.. Just the one?

Yeah, I guess I never mentioned it to you. Just this one. It's up to me to carry on the family name and my wife and I only planned to have one kid. We had a girl, go figure. But my last name wasn't that great anyways. It can die along with all the lame jokes about it I had to endure while in school.

Back