The BEST Zombie films....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy killer. ;) I wasn't bashing it. The film they made was in a totally different spirit and Jessica Simpson? Seriously just wtf. I guess that should arguably be considered horror too.

PS, Cletus is a hillbilly name (and to be clear, Hazzard was supposed to be in Appalachia per the show)... I'd prefer Bubba thx k.

see now, when I said if I wanted unrealistic car jumps, I'd watch DoH, you asked me what was wrong with the show. I was answering that question

I prefer Bubba too

bubba q bottle cap.JPG

Do you hate awesomeness? Is that your Cage issue?

he's got a great resume before that movie, almost everything since then has been crapcrapcrap, mostly

he's in some of my all-time favorite movies. Birdy, Raising Arizona, Vampire's Kiss, Wild at Heart

I happen to love awesomeness... when it's awesome.

Sorry Tex! It has been downhill since Raising Arizona.

Con Air SUCKS
Face Off SUCKS
Those ridiculous National Treasure "wanna be" Indiana Jones movies SUCK
He had a glimmer of non-*****ery in Kick Ass.
Gone in 60 SUCKS

I am 100% in agreement with Grognerd, and that is saying something ;)

Con Air SUCKS
Face Off SUCKS
Gone in 60 SUCKS

I think it's entirely dependent on who is directing him

he's been great with the Coen brothers, Scorcese, David Lynch, Alan Parker, even John Woo (sorry, I kinda liked Face/Off. it was Cage & Travolta playing each other that was entertaining. and it's a good popcorn-munching, turn-your-brain-off-and-just-watch type of action movie)

since Gone in 60 seconds, he's really not had any decent director... except Spike Jonze (Adaptation) & Matthew Vaughn (Kick Ass)

and I expectorate, urinate and defecate on everything Michael Bay has ever done (The Rock)

My friends and I do a "Cage Match" annually. We basically line up all of his movies and watch them all in one sitting. Whoever is still awake/in the room wins the Cage Match. God do I hate the day we play.

My friends and I do a "Cage Match" annually. We basically line up all of his movies and watch them all in one sitting. Whoever is still awake/in the room wins the Cage Match. God do I hate the day we play.

Bizarro........After Wild at Heart I would pop 4 benadryl and voluntarilly LOSE.

I never said I hated Cage and while I won't claim to like all those movies you list... They're still preferable to watch than some of the other *****ey examples out there.

Back on topic though, caught 'Warm Bodies' last night. Wasn't nearly as funny as I'd hoped based on the previews. It tried to take a more serious approach at times that just made it seem painfully slow at times. Nevertheless, it was rather kid friendly at least so I guess it wasn't all bad.

Con Air SUCKS
Face Off SUCKS
Gone in 60 SUCKS

I'm pretty adamant that Nick Cage is the greatest thing to happen to movies ever.

Proof? Ghost Rider and Bringing out the Dead. How Ghost Rider didn't win an Oscar is beyond me.

I'm pretty adamant that Nick Cage is the greatest thing to happen to movies ever.

Proof? Ghost Rider and Bringing out the Dead. How Ghost Rider didn't win an Oscar is beyond me.

I'll see your Ghost Rider and raise you The Wicker Man

now I know you've got to be trolling here... referencing Mark Steven Johnson (cf Daredevil) and Scorsese in the same sentence.

Bringing out the Dead was fantastic. No fooling here. Nic Cage has been at the top and the bottom of the pile. Just like most actors.

Moonstruck and Raising Arizona are just plain fantastic films. Bringing out the Dead and Vampire's Kiss are amazing because it's Nic Cage is awesome when he goes completely off the rails.

Bringing out the Dead was fantastic. No fooling here. Nic Cage has been at the top and the bottom of the pile. Just like most actors.

Moonstruck and Raising Arizona are just plain fantastic films. Bringing out the Dead and Vampire's Kiss are amazing because it's Nic Cage is awesome when he goes completely off the rails.

exactly my point here about directors

Bringing out the Dead - Scorsese
Moonstruck - Norman Jewison
Raising Arizona - Coen Brothers

can't really explain Robert Bierman, he didn't really do too many movies before moving on to TV, mostly in the UK

he's got a great resume before that movie, almost everything since then has been crapcrapcrap, mostly

he's in some of my all-time favorite movies. Birdy, Raising Arizona, Vampire's Kiss, Wild at Heart

I happen to love awesomeness... when it's awesome.

Read up on Vampire's Kiss. Cage was straight up looney tunes. Check this out, it's hilarious:

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2013/02...iss-is-nicolas-cages-most-insane-movie-ever-2

really makes his slide since '00 all the more sad

really makes his slide since '00 all the more sad

Eh, I guess. Sad in terms of the quality of his movies, but the dude is getting paid. You could say the same for lots of actors. I haven't watched a Tom Cruise movie in probably a decade. His films suck now, but he's still killing it at the box office. Not that money is the end-all-be-all, but it motivates a lot of actors...not to mention every producer. Ever.

Ghost rider is straight up AWFUL! lol.
I wanted to like it. I tried to like it.
Thank god Tex, I was worried about you!

Ghost rider! lol ;)

I was waiting to gauge the prevailing opinions, but I guess I will start us off...

World War Z.... undeniably disappointing to say the least! Nothing about the book remained in the script. The smallest amount of gore EVER in a zombie flick. And the ending, where do I begin? Anti climactic in every sense of the word.

Save the $14 3-D ticket and see it free... Or not!

i'm very saddened by WWZ, i had high hopes and had been waiting for years for it, but after so many negative reviews, (and the cheeze of the trailer), i'll wait for DVD...( Monsters University was great though :) )

Hated Monsters U but didn't care for Monsters Inc either tbf. Kinda wanted to see WWZ in the theater but judging by the reviews it'll be a wait for video thing. Guess maybe I can go watch Wolverine instead.

Back