Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you're new here and all - but it's Hoppy. That's kinda how things go with him. It's how we show him we accept him.

Really.

I know you're new here and all - but it's Hoppy. That's kinda how things go with him. It's how we show him we accept him.

Really.

Indeed...I DOMINATE (as in Richard Sherman domination) them with good points which they hate so they resort to insults. Common practice in this thread...

Heheh. :) Considering few "fans" actually reside in the cities of their teams... Many not even the state I think it's a pretty good point. Also, having had the good fortune of going to a packer game, a KC game (when they didn't suck), an Iron Bowl, and visit to the World's Oldest Cocktail Party held in Gainesville... I gotta say I'd go Iron/Packers/Gainesville/KC and the #2 and #3 are incredibly close. Something about the stadium in Gainesville makes it amazeballs. In any event, anyone who's not tried each of them is missing out. In any event, frankly I look at College Football as the minors of football, not the college they represent. As such you should be able to back any team you wish.

Heheh. :) Considering few "fans" actually reside in the cities of their teams... Many not even the state I think it's a pretty good point. Also, having had the good fortune of going to a packer game, a KC game (when they didn't suck), an Iron Bowl, and visit to the World's Oldest Cocktail Party held in Gainesville... I gotta say I'd go Iron/Packers/Gainesville/KC and the #2 and #3 are incredibly close. Something about the stadium in Gainesville makes it amazeballs. In any event, anyone who's not tried each of them is missing out. In any event, frankly I look at College Football as the minors of football, not the college they represent. As such you should be able to back any team you wish.

That's because college football is King. Way better game day atmosphere...product may not always be as good, but the time had is always better.

Cape Brewing said:

There is no acceptance of Hoppy... and all efforts to bring about his banning should be doubled.

+1,000. Him and TxCurtis need to have a massive, late night drunken showdown bringing heavy political and religious themes into their argument. It would crescendo with them threatening Yooper and Pappers, and both receiving lifetime bans.

+1,000. Him and TxCurtis need to have a massive, late night drunken showdown bringing heavy political and religious themes into their argument. It would crescendo with them threatening Yooper and Pappers, and both receiving lifetime bans.

I banged yer hippy mom

HoppyDaze said:
I banged yer hippy mom

Ha, my mom would literally rip your face off at 60. It's possible though, I do remember her telling me dad she had sexually abused a fat, stoned, mildly retarded guy.

I had to google iron bowl expecting it to be some sort of steelers ritual. meh; other than the college eye candy I'm sure. Otherwise irrelevant

Hey, for those of you to a-scared to put your locale on the interwebs so we can stalk you and your extended family can you at least put your country of origin? I just want confirmation that you're not thinking soccer when you interject your viewpoints.

I'm talking to you 64.112.78.144 with your comcast Internet service in NW Paducah, KY at: 37° 4′ 20″ N, 88° 37′ 42″ W

Hey, for those of you to a-scared to put your locale on the interwebs so we can stalk you and your extended family can you at least put your country of origin? I just want confirmation that you're not thinking soccer when you interject your viewpoints.

I'm talking to you 64.112.78.144 with your comcast Internet service in NW Paducah, KY at: 37° 4′ 20″ N, 88° 37′ 42″ W

Nope, not from KY. And no soccer here. And oh yea, I hail from Wiscompton.

Ewwwww, who the hell would willingly use comcast?!? *cringe*

I move around a lot. Hawaii, Tennessee, Paris, Cali, Alabama... Also, show me a rivalry (read: hatefest that literally tears families apart once a year) that begins to compare so I can declare shenanigans (shannahanigans?) and laugh at your naivety. NFL fans could learn a thing or two from College football nutballs....

Further... Soccer is a girl's sport. Not terribly unlike basketball but at least in that one they don't mislead kids by telling them everyone's a winner.

Like how to suck?

Really, the college football thread is that way. Let the adults talk here.

So what you *****es are saying is that you're simply fans of the NFL? Real fans enjoy it at all levels. Especially considering that 95% of the NFL came from the college game where they made even more spectacular plays than the're making in the NFL.

Myself...I'm a fan of the game. Not a particular league only like a tool who's never experienced variety.

HoppyDaze said:
So what you *****es are saying is that you're simply fans of the NFL? Real fans enjoy it at all levels. Especially considering that 95% of the NFL came from the college game where they made even more spectacular plays than the're making in the NFL.

Myself...I'm a fan of the game. Not a particular league only like a tool who's never experienced variety.

Did you just call yourself a tool?

Because it kinda sounds like you did.

Really, the college football thread is that way. Let the adults talk here.

Stratslinger, If by adults you mean snobby/trendy ******** who are completely oblivious to the fact that their "boys" (and by that I mean the team they chose to support as very few if any people have any real ties to Pro NFL teams) only got there by going through the Amateur ranks. Choosing to miss out on that level (not to mention a largely superior atmosphere) is your own stupidity. I'd rather not participate tyvm.

Further, judging by the general air of the thread I'm pretty sure I'm required to call you an @$$hole or B@stard for forcing me to be in agreement with Hoppy.

Stratslinger, If by adults you mean snobby/trendy ******** who are completely oblivious to the fact that their "boys" (and by that I mean the team they chose to support as very few if any people have any real ties to Pro NFL teams) only got there by going through the Amateur ranks. Choosing to miss out on that level (not to mention a largely superior atmosphere) is your own stupidity. I'd rather not participate tyvm.

.... are you seriously referring to NCAA football as "amateur"?....

Last edited by a moderator:
Especially considering that 95% of the NFL came from the college game where they made even more spectacular plays than the're making in the NFL.

Seriously?

There's a reason that those same running backs, receivers, and quarterbacks that make "spectacular plays" in college are mostly unimpressive when they enter the NFL. In most college programs, the best athletes, period, play offense. The deck is stacked. So when they hit the NFL, where only the cream of the crop have made it and are lined up on the other side of the ball, they have to play against a defense that's actually (gasp) evenly matched.

If you want to watch a bunch of big football factory schools line up creampuff opponents, and play against mostly lesser athletes even among their better opponents, by all means, stick to watching amature ball. Knock yourself out!

Back