Bay Area Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha thanks for that!

BTW, if I ever have a beer with you, I'm going to bore you to death about climate change and city planning.
SickGraveAbyssiniangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

I come here to escape my problems not face the most pressing issues of our time.
I agree. This should be an oasis. I just have a hard time compartmentalizing given the scope of the problem. As it relates to beer, I was in Brussels in August last year and it was 96°. Talked to one of the tour guides at Cantillon and was told that climate change has had an effect on the yields of fruits that they use so bottle counts have decreased as a result. It's a bummer of a topic but it's inescapable.

Anyway, I'll stop. hehe

Forgot to mention, I went to the WF near my current job, at lunch time on Friday. Wanted to grab some Reality Czeck. Ill be dammed, it was SOLD OUT! Aready?

On one hand...great job everyone!

On the other....WTF? A sold out pilsner? None for me ********!

I got the last cans of Reality Czeck at Toronado on Friday. Same thing happened at home in Seattle when pFriem Pilsner cans first came out.

Forgot to mention, I went to the WF near my current job, at lunch time on Friday. Wanted to grab some Reality Czeck. Ill be dammed, it was SOLD OUT! Aready?

On one hand...great job everyone!

On the other....WTF? A sold out pilsner? None for me ********!

Logged on here specifically to ask if anyone knows east bay spots that got it. Now this might make it harder to find than I thought. Anyway, anyone seen it in the EB at all?

do any of you east bay folk ever go to Shadow Puppet brewing? I have been working there in production for 6 months and I'm just curious to hear opinions. it's my first industry job, I mainly just clean ****; so any negative opinions won't rub me the wrong way.

I really like the new Lupi recipe, it's definitely better than Livermorium, but Livermorium seems to sell waaay faster

K&L has a raffle going for it. But I think you would have needed to be on their mailing list and have purchased something in the past few months to participate.

yeah i was going to mention this, but it was already closed when i replied. definitly add yourself to the mailing list becaus they sell it for the cheapest ull find it anywhere, well if you win that is

Hop Asylum employee (previously, Imperiale's main boy here), we still have that Bottle Logic barleywine, along with some of the new Arrow Lodge stouts if anyone is interested in those. Also a stock pile of 3F. Everything is pretty much the same. We're getting more SARA stuff on draft, which has been awesome. The new owner has been open to letting me help out with the list more.
To those that are not local, we sold the business, yet kept our name (Imperiale) for the brewery we're opening in downtown Brentwood. I'll be around at hop, until the new spot is open. Then probably do a day or two at hop, helping with buying, bartending, and checking in on things, and the rest of the week at the brewery.

Trappist Provisions changing again, this time to Fort Point. Somehow that's even less interesting than when it became a Mikkeller bar.

(Link to media)

Ugh. They tried again and I guess it wasn't working. I'm not going to beer bars as often as before and didn't make it after it went back to TP. Oh well.

Hop Asylum employee (previously, Imperiale's main boy here), we still have that Bottle Logic barleywine, along with some of the new Arrow Lodge stouts if anyone is interested in those. Also a stock pile of 3F. Everything is pretty much the same. We're getting more SARA stuff on draft, which has been awesome. The new owner has been open to letting me help out with the list more.
To those that are not local, we sold the business, yet kept our name (Imperiale) for the brewery we're opening in downtown Brentwood. I'll be around at hop, until the new spot is open. Then probably do a day or two at hop, helping with buying, bartending, and checking in on things, and the rest of the week at the brewery.

I think we're going to do a collab together before you guys open, according to my boss. he made it seem like Vito wanted to do a bunch of pre-opening collabs with various other local breweries. no idea how far along you guys are though so it could be a while I'm thinking.

Anyone see odd13 cans (or draft) in the Bay Area yet? I feel like they’ve been promoting Bay Area distro for 3 months now and I haven’t seen or heard of any still.

Anyone see odd13 cans (or draft) in the Bay Area yet? I feel like they’ve been promoting Bay Area distro for 3 months now and I haven’t seen or heard of any still.

South Bay has gotten at least two drops of cans that I’ve noticed. Haven’t seen anything on draft yet

How much of a ******** is the RR Zwanze event usually? How far in advance do people line up?

Yeah, new owner, but it’s far from going away. Just going to be a new name. I hear employees are even keeping their jobs.
And the news is out!

https://hoodline.com/2019/09/rosamu...rch&pd99=d38eef7f-c79e-4701-bfcd-a846490e21fc

Update, 10/1: While Margolis chose not to disclose information about the new tenant, we have learned that long-time employee Christine Blunck will be be taking over the space. The eatery will be called Berliner Berliner and will offer a sausage-focused menu. We have been in touch with Blunck and will soon provide more info. In the meantime, read our interview with Blunck from 2015.

For any hop heads suffering from haze-fatigue, my buddy Nick - now a GABF winner (silver) - over at Bartlett Hall just a put on a fresh west coast IPA with Simcoe, Nelson, and Mosaic called "Neat-oh." Heading over now to have a couple...

_vUTGo75P_Dh2LYicRVwWjECFnuPFNdakhPAIAKlHMGr_YUu5o-GVN8ZaEAPZcjCsiRYbYwTZHKiAzeI_FtGPtd_8caUtRel6qEybcLDWcodvj9tKmrknqLJf9nt-NdkmTeg5LTGOPlp8UVopLZ6zWGb8f5cU-5UNDUISzVfmbztYTeOAtd9h85BbhjVXbZuWZLRmhg3KPXPML1YoVOhDQQSxOAo2OzqzT_D6DOKHIh3AgMHA8sAClipvsj6wM8_b8lwroWZ0lWRiOAczTVXiUbpNUUwhbI0DBk1CG5R4gyiKCX7yr1y--qhpEpFMfH3aNhk_qMYW_uKzNMFXmxb8gW4t_OFKKheXXAuV-5kFjRoHrcBN1t_gg6Ru05-gKNra3K3irOKci1SQEasXLHFv8q5-xn9SD5VsPVMvGfHI51xv7u9GJXpDPII5_tw4lrJTyKRshUp2ftPyeiUcho0M9WfSqFjZMI78W_TmHJXNQO8n8xk4A-_BfF7WxWSSnwAyF-Ow6BMMLAkZ3ZZ2cjAKV4sZeOCb6sjZzEozXqaYSdOEKUi2jZNHeIgknzW7txRJuu6G36N8XHBkzqwhmGcoOaDB1tQXBC8kItMNcl37gmzJyIP4t9I-IXCNcF9h4NKR8wRxQpRFVYj6pzHxfZKmeE079akwkj_BXbWgW00vFC24ItZNqcxdek=s789-no

For any hop heads suffering from haze-fatigue, my buddy Nick - now a GABF winner (silver) - over at Bartlett Hall just a put on a fresh west coast IPA with Simcoe, Nelson, and Mosaic called "Neat-oh." Heading over now to have a couple...

_vUTGo75P_Dh2LYicRVwWjECFnuPFNdakhPAIAKlHMGr_YUu5o-GVN8ZaEAPZcjCsiRYbYwTZHKiAzeI_FtGPtd_8caUtRel6qEybcLDWcodvj9tKmrknqLJf9nt-NdkmTeg5LTGOPlp8UVopLZ6zWGb8f5cU-5UNDUISzVfmbztYTeOAtd9h85BbhjVXbZuWZLRmhg3KPXPML1YoVOhDQQSxOAo2OzqzT_D6DOKHIh3AgMHA8sAClipvsj6wM8_b8lwroWZ0lWRiOAczTVXiUbpNUUwhbI0DBk1CG5R4gyiKCX7yr1y--qhpEpFMfH3aNhk_qMYW_uKzNMFXmxb8gW4t_OFKKheXXAuV-5kFjRoHrcBN1t_gg6Ru05-gKNra3K3irOKci1SQEasXLHFv8q5-xn9SD5VsPVMvGfHI51xv7u9GJXpDPII5_tw4lrJTyKRshUp2ftPyeiUcho0M9WfSqFjZMI78W_TmHJXNQO8n8xk4A-_BfF7WxWSSnwAyF-Ow6BMMLAkZ3ZZ2cjAKV4sZeOCb6sjZzEozXqaYSdOEKUi2jZNHeIgknzW7txRJuu6G36N8XHBkzqwhmGcoOaDB1tQXBC8kItMNcl37gmzJyIP4t9I-IXCNcF9h4NKR8wRxQpRFVYj6pzHxfZKmeE079akwkj_BXbWgW00vFC24ItZNqcxdek=s789-no

More advertisements, great.

Haha :p

Reported for being actual content.

What do we do with all of our old rare barrel member bottles? I don’t feel like pretending I’m the creature from Aliens dripping metal dissolving acid out of my mouth anymore. Has anyone mixed with 7up for a shandy? Feel like that might be worth a go.

Back