You're kidding me...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
< stand by ... >

Never mind
images

Owning distillation equipment is legal.
Knowledge of moonshine production is legal.

At the Federal level, state may differ.

I'm not a lawyer but last I checked simply owning equipment was legal, and TTB.gov website points to legal for non alcohol use.

Edit: Don't forget you can legally distill for use as fuel with an easily obtained permit from The Man.

I'll never watch the Masters in the same way, knowing this guy lives 2 blocks from the course. A collection of the wealthiest, most pretentious blue-bloods in the Free World have a meeting place to sit and feel superior to the rest of the world, and they built it around the corner from a guy who makes moonshine in his driveway.

I'll never watch the Masters in the same way, knowing this guy lives 2 blocks from the course. A collection of the wealthiest, most pretentious blue-bloods in the Free World have a meeting place to sit and feel superior to the rest of the world, and they built it around the corner from a guy who makes moonshine in his driveway.

Well said!!!

Preserved from Craiglist once the add is deleted...

00g0g_3ZyyKnOSEml_600x450.jpg

3Lb3J23s75L85se5M2d6s95351d1edd5a1a46.jpg

3K93tc3H15I45Ge5Ked6s9046c1d573871e4e.jpg

3L43M83H25E25K65t4d6s8b7d733ad321154e.jpg

3r93Id3Na5N65s65Mad6s8dfece525dd81ce2.jpg

FIVE GALLON STILL STANLESS KEG BOILER, COPPER CONDENSER AND COLUMN. CAN BE USED AS A REFLUX OR POT STILL. WORKS VERY GOOD- EVERYTHING INCLUDED- SEE PICTURES. WANT TO TRADE FOR PERSONAL WATER CRAFT (BOAT) OR CAMPER.

916 EISENHOWER DR (google map) (yahoo map)

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Posting ID: 3900727882

Posted: 2013-06-28, 11:01AM EDT

I hate to be that guy, but it should read "Preserved from Craiglist once the ad is deleted...". It's an advertisement. The short version should be "ad".

With that being typed, thanks for your addition to the thread. The listing will most definitely be deleted in time and your addition makes it possible for people to read it after that fact.

Maybe the guy was a prepper (uh, who decided that he likes boating more than he fears civil anarchy[?]). It would seem a reflux still is a pretty useful thing to have ... for fuel, and to produce something useful as &#8220;currency&#8221;.
True, you&#8217;re supposed to fulfill all the Federal and State requirements, but I think most preppers would point out that if the stuff hits the fan, unfiled paperwork for equipment in a fortified and/or remote or hidden bunker may not be high up on the list of concerns.

Besides, in the meanwhile, it makes and excellent conversation piece at the ol' bug-in to admire over a few homebrews, with its tall copper refux column and thermometer sticking out the top, looking like a cross between something Dr. Suess and Ravi Shenkar dreamed up.

An interesting article ...
http://www.survivalblog.com/2012/03...-fuel-distillation-by-mr-c-in-california.html

Back