Your Ultimate Car

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the "What is that?" Factor:
sunbtig66.jpg

I wouldn't say "what is that", I'd say "Hey, nice Sunbeam Tiger"

I have an unhealthy love for all things Pontiac.

I'll second that! I had a lot of fun building this 1976 Trans Am Pro-tour! This is the car I always wanted as a kid, and it performs better now than the engineers at Pontiac ever could have conceived of in 1976, LOL! Poncho motors need only apply! She's got a 461 stroker (1972 Pontiac 400 block bored .030" over with a 4.25" stroke forged crank), Tremec TKO-600 5-speed into a Moser 12 bolt with 3.73's. She's a real mover!

DSC_2311.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

DSC01789-2.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-yocbg0DKE"]YouTube - Pontiac T/A interior video clip[/ame]

Seeing that money is no object, then I could afford a good chiropractor after riding a sexy beast like this all day...

0612-stcp-dec-27-blog-pic.jpg

and next to that in my garage would be a HD road king
FLHR_FLHRI_Road_King_1.jpg

and every good ol' boy needs a pick-em-up truck. I'm madly in love with the 1960-66 Chevy C10 stepside trucks (63 pictured)
2e9f_1.JPG

The problem I have with "super cars" is that anything less than 700hp is a waste of time. I can make a naturally aspirated, carbureted 383 Chevy put out 535 hp with my eyes closed. Add two stage nitrous and I'm already at 700. Again, out of a naturally aspirated, carbureted engine. For under $10k.

A supercharged LS-7 can put out 700hp+ for about $30k. So to charge $350k for something like a Murcielago which only puts out 640hp seems silly regardless of how well the car handles.

The problem I have with "super cars" is that anything less than 700hp is a waste of time. I can make a naturally aspirated, carbureted 383 Chevy put out 535 hp with my eyes closed. Add two stage nitrous and I'm already at 700. Again, out of a naturally aspirated, carbureted engine. For under $10k.

A supercharged LS-7 can put out 700hp+ for about $30k. So to charge $350k for something like a Murcielago which only puts out 640hp seems silly regardless of how well the car handles.

Dude, the people who design supercars spend more money making a car STOP than you are talking about to make it go. 800BHP doesn't do you any good if you can't go around corners, stop, beat the wind resistance etc. If you want to further your argument, then talk about the Z06 Carvette, a true supercar for under $80K!

The point is - They are not supposed to make sense!

There is no need to spend more than 100k on a car. It's the fact that you can.
Lets face it. I could build a road car that does 0-60 in under 3.5 seconds for under $25K

I have driven a $14k car that does it in around 4.
The bank manager wouldn't let me buy it.

If you want to further your argument, then talk about the Z06 Carvette, a true supercar for under $80K!

Thank you for making my point for me.
If one of these companies (Ferrari, Lambo, etc.) are going to charge 4x as much for their car, there should be 4x as much performance. Apart from the Bugatti Veyron, I can't say any current supercar is doing that.

Can I add a couple?

I love unimogs.......they're just so cool!
unimog44_000.jpg

And, in honor of another RHH song...

A '65 Lincoln Continental with suicide doors......it's really first rate

L10.jpg

One of these, hands down...

a6a1a7x113b59b2b6cxx7fe1.jpg

+1,298! I have a pal who has a NA-spec D90, along with three other Land Rovers and a restored E-type.

But I have to say I'd rather have this Land Rover:

Ser1_80.jpg

In fact, I used to have one, an ex-MoD one. I still regret selling it on after restoration.

I need one of these for going round town (jk):

p50sale.jpg

Though I've a pal who's been trying to sell me one of these for a couple of years:

1812451616_520e4d1aa1.jpg

Cheers,

Bob

I would have three:

A BMW 7 series
A GMC Yukon
A nice Chevy truck of some sort

I'm not a huge car guy but would love to have the sedan/SUV/truck option each day.

533-Delorean.jpg

Duh ...

How is it that no one posted this one? Seriously, with no budget cap, somebody's got to be able to break the laws of physics! :D

Mine would be a Sterling kit car I put together and slap in a 2JZ-GTE from a last gen Supra for power. I'd also re-design the suspension setup...
image003.jpg

I'd also love a Lotus Exige
lotus-exige-s_h.jpg

Basically I love low weight/matched power sports cars...

I really dont have a car that I lust after I have to much to play with now.

1963 Avanti R-2 supercharged
avantR-2.jpg

The red car in front is my Dads 1970 Mustang conv

The one I am doing right now 1962 4 spd V-8 lark Conv
1962larkV-8.jpg

You can make out my dads 1967 M/B 250 SL behind the lark

The 60 Tbird
60_bird.jpg

I already posted my AMX and my bike Next up for resto 1970 Olds Delta 88 convertible rocket 350 but I have a parts car that was a 455 with all the #'s

BobNQ3X said:
I'll see your Exige and raise you...
avengers_1.jpg

...Mrs Peel and her 1967 Lotus Elan.

I don't know which is yummier.

Well played sir... Both are pretty tasty. ;) Have you ever played a PC game called GT Legends? The Elan is a hoot to drive...

+10 on that :D Only as a package deal though. Otherwise I'll take an early 70's Toyota LandCruiser.

Make mine a diesel, minus the rust. I'd love to have one (and actually was looking at one a couple of years ago), but the prices are outrageous for a 30 year old rusty 4x4... By far the coolest 4x4 to own in my opinion though.

As for Mustangs, I grew up in a Mustang house. Both my father and uncle used to race them (circle and drag, respectively) and my Dad has owned a Mustang parts business for close to 30 years now. One of my planned project cars down the line is a 68 Fastback with a Hi-Po 289 with Megasquirt... Currently I have an 84 Toyota Supra that I'm rebuilding the engine and putting a turbo on, as well as redoing the suspension with coilovers and some custom pieces. Hopefully I'll get around to finishing it and doing some autox...

i'm suprised no one mentioned this (i saw the cañonero)

TheHomer.jpg

i just want a truck that is good on gas mileage and can haul small loads any time i need it. so, really, i bought my ideal truck 3 weeks ago:

7864A.jpg

2006 toyota tacoma, 4 cyl manual, 14,800 miles, $13,500 and still under warranty

excellent condition and a great deal. that outta last me the next 10 years.
:mug:

Don't know why. It is huge. In High school a friend of mine had one, and put a 429cj in it.

When it ran it was something.

Back