Your Ultimate Car

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFlynn74

Reaction score
If money were no option-

I have an unhealthy love for all things Pontiac. I had a GTO in highschool with a real Poncho motor in it. Loved it!

I have 2 loves
I could only find a pic of a 61 but I want a 62.
pontiac-ventura-(1961).png

472 Poncho on EFI and with a 6 speed. 17" front wheels and 18" rears.

Or for a cruiser
Pontiac_Catalina_Ventura_Coupe_1966_red.jpg

472 Poncho EFI with 17" font- 18 rear and 4L80e trans.

I love the new style Mustangs and I'm really a music lover type. I'd love to go with a black Mustang GT, black leather interior, HID lamps, glass roof, heated seats, Shaker 1000 stereo system, in manual.

If I had my pick though I'd really want the Mustang with a 6 speed manual and a diesel engine, but not an option.

Speaking of non-existent cars, Pontiac Firebird discontinued in 2005... but I'd love to see a 1989 model Pontiac Firebird with 6 speed manual and diesel (with options for 4 cylinder ECOTEC 2.4L and 2.2L; and V6 and V8 with automatic cylinder shut-off or a limiting switch to lock the V8 to 4, 6, or 8 cylinders).

800px-KITT1.jpg

That's a Firebird. Recognize it? ;)

EDIT: I like the 70s era GTOs.

There are four cars I dream about having:

'70 Hemi Cuda Convertible (closest I got was a 74 barracuda 360ci)
'70 Hurst Olds
'09 Dodge Challenger (I would have one right now if it was available in a 6 speed manual)
'08 Mustang GT500

There's 3 cars I dream about....

A Suzuki Samurai (Orfy's got me on that one)
sam1.jpg

A 70's Datsun Z240 (with a v8 :D)
1971_Datsun_240Z_Original_Restored_Front_1.jpg

Lastly a Galaxy 500.....mostly because of the RHH song.....
64_Galaxy500_front.jpg

For offroading and fooling around, a Suzuki Samurai. I had one (SJ410) (not mine):

DSC02153.jpg

As for sports car, it would have to be an Audi R8:

Audi%20R8%2002.jpg

I've always loved British Roadsters. I've owned Triumphs and MGs but I always wanted an Austin Healey

austinhealeyfm4.jpg

Oh boy, this is tough

Daily driver would totally be a RHD BMW M5 Touring Wagon, in blue or silver
ac-schnitzer-bmw-m5-touring.jpg

Fun on the weekends would be a Porsche GT3 RS, probably in this green or silver
tg-911-gt3rs.jpg

and I'd have at least one bike, can't decide on a Honda or Ducati or BMW

I've have always lusted after a 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Money being no object, I would modify it into some sort of hybrid/alternative energy vehicle.

1963-1992-jeep-wagoneer-and-grand-wagoneer-8.jpg

I have been through a lot of cars in my life so far. Some were classic american, many were cheapo foreign cars. The cars I have today are what I consider the "Ultimate" cars. I bought them both brand new off the lot and for the first time in my life I actually own (read paid in full) a car with less than 100k miles. Finally, I don;t get reminded by the Bank every month about how long term an obligation financing a car is.

Just because of that one little factor I can look at that Volvo Turbo Wagon and to me it's as good as a Bugatti Veyron or I can look at that HD Pickup and it's as good as a Hummer H1.

Now, if I could just get to a place where I actually own a roof before I am 90. :eek:

I've have always lusted after a 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Money being no object, I would modify it into some sort of hybrid/alternative energy vehicle.
We had a '90 Grand wagoneer. Just sold it this past year. beautiful truck and ran like a champ.

For the dragstrip;
1965 A-990
1025.jpg

For the cruises:
P6090038.jpg

For the daily:
2007.bentley.continental%20flying%20spur.20112746-396x249.jpg

For the twisties:
ariel.atom.lead.340.jpg

For the "What is that?" Factor:
sunbtig66.jpg

And for gratuitious insanity:
Ferrari_F50.jpg

1972-1980 International Scout II. Can't explain my fascination with these things other than the ruggedness and the ability to convert to a full covertible, hard-top or soft-top. I specifically want one of the 1976-1980 diesels.

scoutII.jpg

I just as easily substitute a Landrover like that one instead of a ScoutII. Landrovers are a bit more spendy though.

Latest posts

Back