Yo!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLagerLad

Reaction score
Hey guys. Greetings from York County, Pennsylvania. My name's Jamie and I'm a homebrew newbie and have become extremely addicted.

A few months back, my local homebrew supply store had a "Learn how to brew class" I had been on he mailing list for years, but finally decided I was going to set aside the time to get to a class. I went and learned the basics, bought all the gear and a Brewer's Best Pale Ale kit.

Three weeks later when I tasted that first beer, I had a huge perma-grin on my face. Not because it was the greatest beer ever. Far from it. But it was my creation and even with my first try, it was still better than anything from BudMillerCoors.

Since then, I made a pumpkin ale which I was able to try this past weekend. I kinda screwed it up by adding too much ground clove, but it's still very drinkable. I also bottled a simple Hefeweizen from a recipe I found here.

Next up, I think I'm going to do a Dogfish Head 60 minute clone. Can't leave that primary empty for too long.

So far I've stuck with extract/steep grain recipes but hope to eventually move to all grain brewing once I read/learn a lot more and get some more "simple" under my belt.

I really look forward to learning more about brewing so to whomever runs this site, thanks!

Back