Yet another Bru'n Water help request

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadwolfbones

Reaction score
Ok, so I started brewing in Santa Fe, NM, where the tap water was quite nice for most of the beers I wanted to brew. I've since moved to the LA foothills, where it's not working so well. Here's the water quality report from the local water authority: https://www.ccsdesigns.com/_builder...UAL/2016 Water Quality Report Web Version.pdf

When I input the provided values into Bru'n Water, I get an "unbalanced" warning. No idea what I'm doing wrong, and the research I've done is confusing me more than it's helping. Can anyone help me out with the correct values to enter in the Water Report Input field?

TIA!

Well, you could be happy as a clam if you were using a crappy program that didn’t do that check for you. But Bru’n Water lets you know there is a problem.

That fairly mineralized water and its going to be a little tougher to brew with it.

The imbalance is probably due to the weird way they are presenting the data. You can’t tell if it’s really an average or not. Additionally, you don’t know if it’s representative.

Back