Which grain is Flaked Maze in EZ Water Calculator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an unmalted adjunct, comparable to flaked wheat or flaked oats. I use "Base - Other" for those.
Now I get better pH estimates using Bru'nWater, free version is fine.

It's an unmalted adjunct, comparable to flaked wheat or flaked oats. I use "Base - Other" for those.
Now I get better pH estimates using Bru'nWater, free version is fine.

Thanks a lot. Just now I entered the data in Brun Water and got similar results.
This is my second time adjusting water and is a little confusing. In Brun Water you have to enter the malts lovibond and all that whis is not easy to find. Will be brewing this afternoon an all grain honey blossom ale so hope it will go well.

Thanks a lot. Just now I entered the data in Brun Water and got similar results.
This is my second time adjusting water and is a little confusing. In Brun Water you have to enter the malts lovibond and all that whis is not easy to find. Will be brewing this afternoon an all grain honey blossom ale so hope it will go well.
If you can't look it up, guesstimate the color of most base malts depending on their type, or how they appear. Or pick the middle of their typical range.
Aside from maltsters' websites, BSG and LD Carlsson list basic malt info, including color.

Different calculators will give different predictions. I was a little surprised to measure a pH of 5.19 (@ calibration temps, 25C) where Bru'nWater predicted 5.35 (which was my target) but was the closest of all. I'm rather a little lower than higher there, and the beer (NEIPA) was excellent.

Back