which chest freezer GE 7.2 or Frig 8.8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crito

Reaction score
Frigidaire 8.8 Cu. Ft. Chest Freezer (Color:...$279.00

GE 7 Cu. Ft. Chest Freezer (price match to 185)

I read the reviews and they hold the same. some people complain that the 7.0 is a tight fit with the 4 kegs.

The difference of the two is 90 dollars (more if you add in the extra cost of the 2 yr protection plan due to the higher price range)

I am hoping that someone that owns either one of the chest freezers will tell me their view on it.

Thanks!!

Frigidaire 8.8 Cu. Ft. Chest Freezer (Color:...$279.00

GE 7 Cu. Ft. Chest Freezer (price match to 185)

I read the reviews and they hold the same. some people complain that the 7.0 is a tight fit with the 4 kegs.

The difference of the two is 90 dollars (more if you add in the extra cost of the 2 yr protection plan due to the higher price range)

I am hoping that someone that owns either one of the chest freezers will tell me their view on it.

Thanks!!

I have a Frigidaire, depends on how you use it. If you're like me, you often have a lot of other stuff in there too like microbrews, growlers, soda, growlers, yeast, perhaps a lagering carboy. If you're just going to use it for kegs solely, and you know it fits the same, go with the smaller one. If you plan to do some other stuff in there, go with the larger. If you have a mrs, she'll sneak some stuff in there too :)

i am going to see if lowes will price match a 14.8... lets see, hehehe

Back