Wheat Lager IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearclaw215

Reaction score
So im looking to make something that would be ready to drink pretty soon. So a wheat beer had come to mind, something new for me. The more i thought about the more ideas i had and the yeast cake of 838 ill have shortly from my helles. Im also a fan of a good IPA.

So i guess what im looking for is a little guidance or anyone's experience with a wheat lager, wheat ipa, or if anyone has tried this with good results. I'm open to any suggestions that might improve a beer like this too, as im not real sure on anything yet! :mug:

I would avoid brewing a lager if you want something done soon, although I've never used that particular strain.

Its just making a wheat IPA using a lager yeast. That's my fault for not being more clear with what i was thinking. 838 is real clean on flavors and flocs like a beast.
Originally i was thinking id just do a 7-10 day primary, cold crash for a day or two, then keg and serve around 2-3 weeks old. Or I could always just lager like normal of it if i can hold out for my other beers to finish. I'm really not set on which way i want to go the more i think about it.

I could just use an ale yeast but i wanted to try something different just because and this isn't something I've really seen. Probably because the styles are a bit contradictory. Its all thought at the moment just trying to give it some shape

Back