What's your ideal drinking situation and what kind of beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chopping up some onions and peppers to saute, chicken is on the grill, guacamole is made. Getting some chicken quesadilla's cooked up for dinner before my wife and daughter come home from swim practice, got some Springsteen going on the stereo.

Also - hanging out on the boat, finishing up a great day on the water, pop open a homebrew, watch the sunset, maybe get one last waterski in as the sun sets, or one more salmon in the cooler.

Football season or a rare evening with nothing planned rare but super relaxing watching a good comedy special

In a corner in a fetal position...sobbing uncontrollably. Probably in the dark. 50/50 on if I am naked. Just gently rocking back and forth...

I laughed out loud at this...bravo!

My dream situation would probably be lots of friends, an amazing woman next to me, on a cool autumn day with the sun shining, no wind, and music playing (black metal or drum n bass). There would be a fire pit in the woods and we'd be camping and able to go to our tents and pass out. The beer I'd like to drink would probably be a helles or Pils.

I also liked the one about the guy who wanted Coors 2 for 1 pitchers at a tittie bar. Haha...sadly, I've been down that road and it was a surprisingly good time! So long as you have friends to go with...it wouldn't be any fun alone. And I saw those people...made me a little sad, then I had another beer and thought, "F*ck that guy!"

Damn, there's some good ones in this thread... "It's like a sore penis, ya can't beat it!" haha...

At my campsite in yosemite with my homebrew sharing it with buddies BSing over a campfire after a day of hiking and fishing.

I read the title of this thread and my first thought was... Floating down the merced in Yosemite, macking on some pistachios and enjoying a DIPA. So Ill wave at you as a float past your campsite

A cool but not-frigid Roving Paddock Party a the Gingerman 24-hours-of-Lemons race. This time it will be "Tarrytown Rusty Brown" in honor of our new race car.

45-50F, my 15 year old Berenese Mountain Dog by my side and 15-20 old friends plus about 150 friends I have not met yet. Belly full from the great food I just cooked and served. Muscles just the right amount of sore from day of racing without too many breakdowns.

Heaven.

Loving this thread! A lot of mental vaca's, drinkin fantasies, and one liners going on here!

For me, nothing beats relaxing at home after dinner on Friday night and pouring a couple beers. Just to decompress after what is usually a chaotic week. Doesn't matter what kind of beer--whatever I'm in the mood for at the moment.

Right now, the way things are going this very minute... any beer, anywhere, because it would mean I am not here at work.

Otherwise for me, a cool night sitting outside as the sun sets over the river. A crisp IPA and a couple buddies. Thats all I need. Get me the funk out of here.

This, on all accounts. Plus a campfire, and some bourbon on the side.

Alternately, sitting in a biergarten or patio bar on a bright spring afternoon in some city I've never been before...taking in the sights and sounds...people-watching the passersby on the street outside.

I read the title of this thread and my first thought was... Floating down the merced in Yosemite, macking on some pistachios and enjoying a DIPA. So Ill wave at you as a float past your campsite

Ah, another Yosemite'er ... right on... I go once a year to Tuolumne Meadows right after they open... my favorite time of the year.

Ah, another Yosemite'er ... right on... I go once a year to Tuolumne Meadows right after they open... my favorite time of the year.

Nice. Ive been going every summer since I was born. Usually stay at north pines in the valley in july-ish

Drinking a pale ale with a bit of tropical fruit and citrus aroma while watching the sun go down on the beaches of Maui.

I like any beer when I'm brewing. Although this has caused "quality control" issues in the past...pulling down a home brew "while I'm brewing" its pretty satisfying.

Hanging with my lady and friends on the patio, or playing a game of cornhole on the driveway. All the while having a nice pale ale or IPA.

After a long distance run. Sometimes its my motivation when out for a run.

For example today I'm doing 10-miles, that'll burn about 1800 calories (a 12-pack). Take a hot shower, disappear into the basement when the family goes to bed, pop in a good movie, and drink some beer. Thats as good as it gets.

Where do I like to drink? Wherever my kids aren't!

But more seriously, there's not a much better drinking situation than the Southern California Homebrew Festival. Plentiful brew to sample, nice sunny spring day in California, and surrounded by fellow travelers of the homebrew world. Good times!

Cleveland Beerfest is going on today & tomorrow at the convention center downtown. That'd be a great way to spend a Saturday!

70 degree day, a little walleye chop on the Missouri, sipping on whatever low abv beer is in the boat. Followed by the best beer of the day, while cleaning the days limit of eyes. Then back to the camper to enjoy several crown/diet stiffies while cooking a ribeye the size of my head. Dice or cards to end the night with a couple of high abv home brews to knock me into sleepy time. Repeat the next two days. Then back home to reality to wait another 51 weeks until the best week of the year.

Dream: having a grand opening party at my own brewpub. Place closes, my closest friends and family stick around and we keep the party going. Drinking a small variety if good brews, made by yours truly.

Real ideal: hanging out on the porch with friends while the dogs run around. Music playing, good ipas and stouts depending on season. Made even better when I can go visit my best friend in Denver. All of this, but with mountain view and Colorado distribution.

Actual norm: drinking my latest bottle shop finds while watching TV with the girlfriend or playing GTA-V online with a few friends, often having to pause a moment because somebody's low alcohol light comes on.

A few friends out at the farm pond with the fishing gear on a nice hot summer day. Camp all set up on shore, float the dock to the middle of the pond, throw in the first worms, and then crack a nice crisp pale ale or IPA. That beer is like heaven on earth for me. The rest throughout the day and night are nearly as good. Day ends with a nice bluegill fish fry on the campfire, some beer, and maybe if the mood is right a joint ends up going around. Bliss.

Back