What kind of glass do you drink out of??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tminmur

Reaction score
I have lots of beer snob friends that have a dozen different types of glasses they drink their dozen different types of beer. I started out with the frosted pint and have moved on to other types. But I like my Wicked Weed "Brandy Sniffer" style glass. I have been told that I should only drink certain beer from this glass. I say Hoppy Cock to this!

So what is your favorite glass to drink from? Weather your right or wrong who cares show off your glassware! Here is mine with Anderson Valley Heelch O'Hops.

1398017011629.jpg

Usually I drink out of a 20 oz heavy glass mug, sometimes I drink out of a wide mouth mason jar; but on special occasions I drink from a 1 liter masskrug from Oktoberfest.
Regards, GF.

Haha...I just realized I posted that can as my favorite glass a few days ago. Wasn't supposed to be a joke. I posted in the wrong place. Anyway this is one of my favorite glasses...
8947a2a3-9fdb-4c11-abb2-604a457cb99a_zps81f3f18c.jpg

Glass on top, shot glass on the bottom. It's the mullet of beer glasses.

That looks like it is a real b*tch to clean. With a dishwasher you would get dried on sediment/water spots, by hand getting a rag or something down around the shot glass part can not be easy.

My go-to glass is a Spiegelau beer tulip (they call it a "Stemmed Pilsner" glass) because I usually drink IPAs, but I have taller specialty glasses for lagers, wheat ales, and blondes. I also have a set of simple pint glasses from Ikea that I use for everything else.

Usually just a regular old pint glass...

IMG_0343_zps20a14cf4.jpg

But lately, I've been trying to drink less beer during the week, so after work, I just get an 8oz pour from the keg in this peroni glass.

IMG_0310_zps5979d477.jpg

Well, usually the full one. I my housemate doesn't have any pints so it is usually a 16oz globe/snifter or the funny looking gigantic 7oz. shot glasses.

194838d1398131512-what-you-drinking-now-1398131510041.jpg

I have easily over 100 beer glasses, as I collect them from breweries that I enjoy, though not so many standard bar pints these days. I am one of those geeks who matches up the proper glassware by beer style. Here are just a few that are used often. Of these, the Black Raven is awesome for stouts, the specialty IPA glass is a fav for that style, nothing beats a tulip for imperial and barrel-aged brews, and you must have a traditional Hefe glass for that style.

beerglasses.jpg

That looks like it is a real b*tch to clean. With a dishwasher you would get dried on sediment/water spots, by hand getting a rag or something down around the shot glass part can not be easy.

Just a shake with soapy hot water gets it clean.

A wide mouth mason jar. I'm such a yuppie :p. I drink out of them all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew
\
I hate mason jars so much that the local bar that has switched to pint mason jars always serves me in an ordinary beer glass........ There is nothing satisfying or pleasant about wrapping your lips around the threads of a mason jar.......Nothing at all!! I by the way have literally hundreds of mason jars as I can all the time!

H.W.

I drink out of a tall pint pilsner glass...................

Back