What Is Your Carrry?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natdavis777

Reaction score
For those of you who who carry a weapon daily, what is it? For me its a Sig 226 .40 or R1 1911... My wife carries my Glock 27, and my M&P usually stays in the safe.... Thinking about trading it in for a Sig 1911.... Regardless, if you carry daily, what is it? (Not trying to start a 2nd amendment war)

Glock g17. I love sigs great guns. I wanted one to carry but get a discount with glocks and I hated them years ago but they changed the grip and trigger and are really nice now.

Have yet to bother getting my CCW (or a handgun in general). Always been eying a Glock 21 if I ever get around to it. If I OPEN carry, it's my M59/66 Yugo SKS.

I'm in Commiefornia, so I ain't talking.
If I was talking, civilization:Glock 23P, woods:Ruger SS SS.

Glock 27 on a GOOD gun belt, IMHO the belt is more important than the holster. Spending the time and money on my CCL was well worth it. I go to the continuing education class, taught by the same cops that I took the CCL course with. The classes are lots of fun.

Glock 27 on a GOOD gun belt, IMHO the belt is more important than the holster. Spending the time and money on my CCL was well worth it. I go to the continuing education class, taught by the same cops that I took the CCL course with. The classes are lots of fun.

I'm glad you IL guys are finally getting CCLs. Here in Oregon, you are issued a gun, beard, beer, and flannel as soon as you cross the border.

And yes, I agree. The belt is as vital of a component as the holster and the pistol itself.

It was a 16 hr class and $150 to the state, and 4 months later I had my CCL. I did it on the cheap, $300 total. I think in 2014 about 100,000 CCL were issued. Now that I've been carrying, I feel naked without it.
I also have a first gen Kimber Ultra Carry (without the firing pin block), that I carry, but the Glock gets 98% of carry time.
I stocked up on 15 and 22 round mags, that little Glock is a lot of fire power.

Im quite jealous about not being able to carry, but at the same time glad the people i deal with on a daily basis also cant (i work with drop out youths basically).

For me it would be the sig p226, purely because thats what i used in my military days and when **** hits the fan muscle memory is king.

What is the ccl? Im guessing conealed carrying license? I thought americans got a weapon with every bottle of liquor they purchased? The media would have you thinking so anyway

yes, CCL= conealed carrying license. IL was the last state to get CC (concealed carry) but their are other states worse off than us
-CALIFORNIA
-CONNECTICUT
-HAWAII
-MARYLAND
-MASSACHUSETTS
-NEW YORK

Im quite jealous about not being able to carry, but at the same time glad the people i deal with on a daily basis also cant (i work with drop out youths basically).

For me it would be the sig p226, purely because thats what i used in my military days and when **** hits the fan muscle memory is king.

What is the ccl? Im guessing conealed carrying license? I thought americans got a weapon with every bottle of liquor they purchased? The media would have you thinking so anyway

the media would also have you believe that skinheads are all Nazis and punks are crazy haired versions of the skins.

I carry a Colt government model .380. Only 8 shots, after all, I don't think of it as a noise maker. I cringe when I hear guys talk about 15, 18, and 22 round mags. Are you really that bad of a shot that you need 22 rounds, or do you think you will need to win WWIII all by yourself, without reloading.

If you are going to carry a weapon you need to be proficient with it. I can put all 8 shots in a 8" circle in combat drills 99% of the time. Why would I need any more.

I carry a Colt government model .380. Only 8 shots, after all, I don't think of it as a noise maker. I cringe when I hear guys talk about 15, 18, and 22 round mags. Are you really that bad of a shot that you need 22 rounds, or do you think you will need to win WWIII all by yourself, without reloading.

If you are going to carry a weapon you need to be proficient with it. I can put all 8 shots in a 8" circle in combat drills 99% of the time. Why would I need any more.

so you don't want to carry one of these? http://world.guns.ru/grenade/usa/mk153-smaw-e.html

when I lived in Las Vegas, I made the tracer rounds for the SMAW.

Springfield XDM subcompact 9mm, Cross Breed inside waistband holster with a good carry belt.
I have an old plastic paddle holster that the paddle broke off of, so I screwed the holster part to the head board at the top of the mattress line. Weapon comes off the hip at bedtime and goes in that holster, in the morning back on the hip it goes.

I carry a 30" Howitzer in each sleeve at all times.

bulging-bicep.jpg

I think that would be a little hard to conceal. :fro: However, it most likely would be a one shot one kill weapon! :rockin:

before our company moved out of Vegas, we used to test our rounds at the Alamo dry lake bed north on the I-15. the lake bed was usually empty, but we couldn't test until everyone was gone. we used to flocc with people when they'd come over to see what we were doing by telling them it was "top secret" and "classified" military research. even though we had no right, we'd tell them that they needed to leave the lake bed.

before our company moved out of Vegas, we used to test our rounds at the Alamo dry lake bed north on the I-15. the lake bed was usually empty, but we couldn't test until everyone was gone. we used to flocc with people when they'd come over to see what we were doing by telling them it was "top secret" and "classified" military research. even though we had no right, we'd tell them that they needed to leave the lake bed.

Who in their right mind would let you anywhere near weapons testing! Isn't there a dept. of Homeland Security or something keeping people like you under close surveillance?

:mug:

I carry a Ruger CMD 1911 with Hornady Critical Duty in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0. Really like Alien Gear. Very sturdy rig and comes with a bunch of extra parts to easily customize the retention strength of the gun. I agree with the belt being a critical component. A basic belt from the department store will leave you adjusting your pants all day.

Smith & Wesson M&P 40C

Definitely packs a punch.
Just three weeks ago I bought the S&W M&P Shield 40. Haven't bought a holster for it yet, but it fits beautifully in the inside pocket of my Carhart.

My 'other' carry gun is a full-size M&P 40. Little hard to conceal, but I can do it if I want to. Since I used to be 100% behind a desk at work, I never bothered to carry it; now I'm in the field about 3/4 of the time - hence the purchase of the shield.

When I'm hunting or just out for a walk in the woods, the full-size rides along in a Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster.

There's a reason I have these, any time I go shooting I try to take my CCW. If a friend lets me shoot steel in has backyard or clear bowling pins off a table, I love getting more trigger time with my G27 CCW. When I take classes, they will say "we recommended you take a full sized pistol" (AKA not a mouse gun), I try to use my CCW. And if your old enough to remember the 10 year Clinton ban, they banned the mags not the pistol. Just like the NY ban, except old mags were still OK. And lastly, the 22rnd mags are FUN, get that pistol up and running!!!

I never open carry. Depending on how I am dressed either Smith & Wesson 40C or 380 Smith & Wesson BG.

Glock 19 most of the time.

CZ-82 when I need something smaller.

Kel-Tec P3AT when I need something even smaller.

1911 when I'm wearing enough clothes to get away with it (I'm not a big guy).

Glock 19 most of the time.

CZ-82 when I need something smaller.

Kel-Tec P3AT when I need something even smaller.

1911 when I'm wearing enough clothes to get away with it (I'm not a big guy).

My wife carries that same kel-tec. Me when I'm not at work, Springfield xd-m .40 in my leg holster.

Back