What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I had to dump my first batch of beer..I have been seeking sample bottle for a while now and it just wouldn't carbonate for nothing..so I need the bottles now..and there is only about 30 left. So it is with great sadness I commit thee to the drain in my sink!

Sparged, boiled, chilled, and pitched yeast in a sour mashed Berliner Weisse. That was quite an aroma to deal with during that process today. I'm cautiously hopeful that it will turn out well.

Just connected the serving line to a chocolate stout. Not as chocolate-y as I would have first expected, but a noticeable bitterness that I associate as being similar to a dark chocolate. Smooth and easy drinking.

Today I had to dump my first batch of beer..I have been seeking sample bottle for a while now and it just wouldn't carbonate for nothing..so I need the bottles now..and there is only about 30 left. So it is with great sadness I commit thee to the drain in my sink!

When all else fails, drink a flat home brew. I would.

Finally broke down and ordered a starter kegging setup. Do NOT have refrigeration figured out yet fr this so I really have to get on it, now, cause the kegs are no use without refrigeration.

If anyone's curious - I figured an extra regulator would come in handy at some point and ordered the "Draft Brewer Dual Keg System - RBL w/ Double Body Regulator" from Northern Brewer - mainly because they sent me a "We haven't seen you in a while" 20% off coupon - saved 50 bucks!

I think I would have gotten my bottles elsewhere. I have a restaurant in town where I can get about 25 bottles a night on Fridays and Saturdays.

Any idea why they wouldn't carb? How long have they been bottled? Are you sure you primed them and didn't accidentally use dextrose or something?

My kettle and fittings arrived in the mail. Now I can build my New Single vessle 16gl Stainless electric biab system. Moving up from a 10gl pot. :ban:

Making my yeast starter for my honey wheat ale I'll brew tomorrow. Using wlp090, San Diego super yeast. Also have to crush 1# of honey malt with a rolling pin cause I don't have a mill at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Picked up my yeast for brewing a Blonde on Sunday. Going to try White Labs for the first time- WLP051. I had hoped to also try the WL Old Sonoma strain for a follow up brew if Old Albion BUT LD Carlson apparently doesn't understand the need to ship yeast w/ ice packs during the SUMMER! So, my LHBS received a ruined (hot) supply of yeast. LDC is supposed to ship again on Monday w/ proper packing but I honestly don't have much confidence.

Brought my wife out for dinner in exchange for commandeering the kitchen tomorrow morning to brew...lol

Brewed 5 gallons ordinary bitter.
Brewed 5 gallons farmhouse ale.
Kegged 5 gallons ordinary bitter.
kegged 5 gallons wee heavy.

Drank a few beers.

Brought my wife out for dinner in exchange for commandeering the kitchen tomorrow morning to brew...lol

Well woth it!

Brewed 5 gallons ordinary bitter.
Brewed 5 gallons farmhouse ale.
Kegged 5 gallons ordinary bitter.
kegged 5 gallons wee heavy.

Drank a few beers.

Wow! Sounds like you were busy!

Brewed a strawberry blonde base and racked another onto strawberries. Also ran to the lhbs and bought a $180 worth of supplies, including 2 shanks. Gotta work on my kegerator and get it set up :)

Got some new shelves and organized the brewing area/corner of the extra bedroom.

It'll definitely be worth-while. My man cave/brewery went from this;

To this;

The first of the month I'm going to put together a watermelon wheat beer. Wanna do it pb/pm biab.

Mixed up 2.5 gallons of root beer for my nieces who are coming to visit for a couple days, and then I took my counterpressure filler for its first official, non-practice run and bottled a 12'er of hefeweizen to bring the in-laws' or maybe to the Brewers tailgate planned for next weekend.

Wrong th hread

1405907580835.jpg

Bottled my jaom, a gallon of apfelwein and placed a northern brewer order for two kits and some starsan.

"Bottled" my Pale Mild in polypins for serving as gravity-fed Cask Ale in a couple weeks.

It's my first time trying it, so I'm not sure how well it'll work. Especially concerned with the spigots not holding pressure. So we'll see. The spigots were a buck or so a piece, so I'm not to worried about swapping em out for a different design if they don't work. Worst case, I lose this batch, but I'm hoping for the best. But I've got em stored in the coldest place in the apartment (right by the AC unit where it's in the very low 60s), in the dark, and accessible should I need to vent them to keep em from bursting but in a water tight bin should the worst case happen.

20140722_220927[1].jpg

Bottled 28 bombers and six 12's of Centennial Blonde Ale.

Took delivery of my keg starter kit.

Guess I'll keg the other 5 gallons tomorrow. First kegging experience! Now I gotta find a CO2 supplier near me.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406090756.204506.jpg
Yven the Great by Russian River and Sierra Nevada. Do yourself a favor and go get this 12 pack. Every beer has been fantastic. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406091130.496636.jpg

View attachment 212874
Yven the Great by Russian River and Sierra Nevada. Do yourself a favor and go get this 12 pack. Every beer has been fantastic. View attachment 212875

Hmm..wrong thread?. I tried.. most places around me only got 3 cases.. sold out in minutes. . Spent days looking. Glad to hear a good beer came outta it :D cheers!!

Oops, yeah wrong thread. But anyway the bevmo near me had a whole display of them. There must have been 25 boxes or so, with more in the cooler. When I saw it, I screamed and freaked out.

Today I bottled a batch of pumpkin spice beer..this weekend I think im going to make a batch of hard cider..primary needs fed.

View attachment 212874
Yven the Great by Russian River and Sierra Nevada. Do yourself a favor and go get this 12 pack. Every beer has been fantastic. View attachment 212875

Honestly, I thought only about half of them were good. Nothing really great either and most of the hoppy ones were old. I would not buy it again even if more was available. $25 was a joke for that 12-pack.

Back