What foods DON'T pair well with beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. I do put tinned artichoke bits on my pizza and do enjoy beer with it. What I referring to is the way in which a full, fresh (not tinned) artichoke heart changes the taste of anything you eat/drink immediately after it. I definitely don't like the way it changes the taste of beer!

haha I was just ribbin' ya man!:mug:

I once saw my crazy uncle Joe crack open a can of Budweiser and pour it over his cornflakes one morning, because he didn't have any milk in the fridge. I can't imagine that tasting good. :drunk:

I think the opposite is more true. In that there are just some beers that don't pair well with any foods.

Big, thick, rich, quads come to mind. They can be a meal unto themselves.

Durian? I don't know, I've never had durian, but from what I hear the smell would overpower everything else.
The local brewpub even did a sour with it. Heavenly delicious I tell you.

I think the opposite is more true. In that there are just some beers that don't pair well with any foods.

Big, thick, rich, quads come to mind. They can be a meal unto themselves.
Certain cheeses can work imho. Ones that I like there are salty blue cheese to cut through. Or French goats cheese with it´s tartness and depth. An applewood smoked cheddar also should work.
Sides that you can always pour on an do a toffee pudding or so, getting you more differentiation between the sweet notes and pulling more dried fruit out of the quad.

Back