What flavors will change when fermentation is complete to carb?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarLee

New to the Brew
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I am just curious about how the flavor changes from taking a sample when transferring a keg to a finished carbed up beer a week later. I tried a pale ale and it seems really bitter and dry....which is sort of good. But at the same time it isn't great. Will carbing change things dramatically? Just wondering what to expect? Trust me I will RDWAHAHB. Just curios.
Thanks in advance!

1: Cold and time will 'mellow' it a bit. You'll learn what people mean when they say a beer tastes a bit 'green.'
2: Pale ale tastes better cold. I keep a tasting glass in the freezer for my samples so that the beer ends up around 40 when I sample it
3: Carbonation helps with aromatics, and will give it that carbonic 'bite.' Champagne is really dry, but also really highly carbonated. Think about how champagne tastes after it is flat (and/or warm).

If it's a solid recipe and you kept everything sanitary, and didn't oxygenate the heck out of it....it's going to taste great. If it doesn't, post your recipe and what it tastes like and we might be able to help you figure out what could make it better.

Thanks TechfanMD. That is what I was hoping to hear. Its my first all grain and so far everything is on point.
1. The green thing makes perfect sense
2.It as warm and dry hopped so cold would be much better
3. Again another good explanation.
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back