What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bacon wrapped fillet mignon, rare/medium rare, garlic mashed potatoes and blanched asparagus and carrots pan fried in the drippings with a little butter and garlic. It was such an fancy meal I broke out the fine china.

(edit: drippings autocorrected to droppings and I don't think anyone would want to pan fry anything in droppings)

View attachment 1456624460704.jpg

Cod with a nice panko crust, Sweet potato mash and asparagas with mushrooms and tomatoes.

image.jpg

Food.

I know, I said I wasn't cooking anymore - this is just for me, enough baked chicken w/BBQ sauce & rice for leftovers. Boiled eggs & cranberry "sauce" are the sides. Frozen chicken is easy to prepare, and I always have at least 2 BBQ sauces around.

FTR - I had to put that glass dish in the toaster oven on a diagonal to make it fit! (Big oven is broken...)

017.JPG

Thanks! Chicken thighs are pretty forgiving, even boneless/skinless. I put them in the oven, frozen, at 450° F for 30 minutes, spread them out, then baked for another 30 minutes @ 400°. They were perfect, but no way white-meat would have come out that nice, even from frozen.

:D

Thanks! Chicken thighs are pretty forgiving, even boneless/skinless. I put them in the oven, frozen, at 450° F for 30 minutes, spread them out, then baked for another 30 minutes @ 400°. They were perfect, but no way white-meat would have come out that nice, even from frozen.

:D

Chicken breasts are over rated. They don't have much flavor and very few people can cook them right without making chicken jerky. Chicken thighs are where its at. It's hard to mess up chicken thighs

Cut and pounded some pork tenderloin then dredged and panfried and into some marinara sauce served with pasta.
I found some beautiful beet greens today which were attached to beets that will get roasted tomorrow but the greens drew me in, sauteed with onions, garlic and a few raisins, finished with balsamic vin, heaven:DView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1456702244.149488.jpg

I always look for beets that have nice greens attached. It is a big bonus. Too many people throw them away. Easy, tasty side dish, for free.

Cut and pounded some pork tenderloin then dredged and panfried and into some marinara sauce served with pasta.
I found some beautiful beet greens today which were attached to beets that will get roasted tomorrow but the greens drew me in, sauteed with onions, garlic and a few raisins, finished with balsamic vin, heaven:DView attachment 340630

Chef, that's just amazing! Well done!

Having my dinner a bit late tonight because of my nieces birthday so I just whipped up something simple tonight. Chicken and steak in a curry sauce with zucchini, broccoli, sweet peppers and asparagus. Served with rice. I just wish I had some naan bread to go with it.

Having my dinner a bit late tonight because of my nieces birthday so I just whipped up something simple tonight. Chicken and steak in a curry sauce with zucchini, broccoli, sweet peppers and asparagus. Served with rice. I just wish I had some naan bread to go with it.

A pic would be sweet:D

SWMBO and I are both down with something...I haven't had much more than toast and bagels in the last 48 hours. Made a simple chicken salad type thing tonight, but used leftover pork chop instead. Made sandwiches. It tasted good, but might not be sitting well. *sigh*

SWMBO and I are both down with something...I haven't had much more than toast and bagels in the last 48 hours. Made a simple chicken salad type thing tonight, but used leftover pork chop instead. Made sandwiches. It tasted good, but might not be sitting well. *sigh*

So wouldn't that be pork salad?:D
Better than pork soda;)
Feel better!

I wish that too. ISO.

No need to search. I am amazed at how easy it is ( the hardest part was probably tying the parcels up and finding a way to fix them to the roof of my bar for drying).

I'd definitely say this is within anyone's ability, even if it's a first experience of curing meat.

After the Michigan Brewer's Guild Winter Beer Festival on saturday we stopped at the Blue Cow Cafe for a bite before The Pistil Whips got on stage. The owner/chef was sitting next to us and I told her my wife ONLY gets the Champagne Chicken there because it's so good.

She then proceeded to give me the full recipe and a piece of paper to write it down on.

So I made Champagne Chicken yesterday with a slight hangover. Turned out pretty good. Not exactly like theirs (I didn't have Shallots, and subb'ed with small red onion) but real close. If I can duplicate this recipe, I think I'll have a permanent "in" with the woman.

Braised beef short ribs (pan-fried on high heat, then stewed in a dutch oven for 2 hours with a lid on and 45 mins with the lid off), served with parsnip/carrot puree. The recipe called for an entire bottle of red wine for the beef to stew in + the five-spice mix. Came out delicious, meat was falling off the bone.

Braised beef.jpg

Braised beef short ribs (pan-fried on high heat, then stewed in a dutch oven for 2 hours with a lid on and 45 mins with the lid off), served with parsnip/carrot puree. The recipe called for an entire bottle of red wine for the beef to stew in + the five-spice mix. Came out delicious, meat was falling off the bone.

MMMMM that sounds great. I really like the parsnip/ carrot puree idea under the short ribs. Love those root veg.

Sounds amazing. I love any beef recipe with wine. I have this beef bourgonongongogne one I do with a nice roast, bottle of red, bacon, gott damn.

Hey foodies!

I harvested a bunch of long red chilis off my plants this weekend. And there's already a bunch more coming in. What would you make with chili peppers? I've been slicing them for nachos, but there's got to be some novel ideas out there.

Latest posts

Back