What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really liked Floor in After Forever, and Tarja in Nightwish.

Now Floor's in Nightwish, she seems to belong there even more.

I saw Der Berliner Philharmoniker in Augsburg, Germany in 1977. I saw the Scorpions 3 days earlier at the same venue. This was when Uli Roth was still in the band and a couple of years before they entered the U.S.

Scorpions to the Berlin Philharmonic...
You have a wide taste in music. :)
What a treat that must have been to hear them play in 77 with Von Karajan conducting.
He was and still is.. unmatched. Conducted with his eyes closed.

I don't recall the conductor...it was the first and only time I attended one. But I've been to many, many rock concerts.

I also saw Verdi's La Traviata at the opera house in Augsburg. We had just come from the field (Grafenwohr, I was artillery) and I was really dead tired. My gf (at the time) told me I fell asleep 9 times. LOL!

IMG_1527561072.303184.jpg

Brantley Gilbert. Stone Cold Sober

Enjoyed a free concert yesterday. Steel Creek campground on the Buffalo National River. The band is National Park Radio. A couple thousand gentle fun-loving people out of shot behind me. Great music, great crowd, beautiful site. It's an annual event.View attachment 575603
Thanks for this. I hadn't heard of them before so I checked out a few of their songs on youtube. They sound good. The current Bluegrass sound is a genre I've been getting into over the past year, ever since I saw Brothers Comatose.

I know this is a "home brewing" forum so I hope I'm not bending the rules by putting multiple songs in one post. My obsession with music started a long time before I ever had my first beer and I'm honestly shameless about pushing the music I grew up with in the 60's and 70's on younger people. Hopefully no one will take offense as I've always felt that even what might be considered by some to be a terrible song likely meant something to the person or persons that wrote it and who am I to judge.

The next two songs have what in my opinion (feel free to disagree) are the greatest guitar intros of any songs in the last 50 years.

I'm listening to Forming The Void. Their cover of Kashmir is pretty good, if you're into sludge rock. Next up; Amon Amarth, Jomsviking.

This kid writes some nice pop music. He is a lawyer and ex Australian footballer too. Hes pretty talented.

I'm listening to a YouTube video of Vader live in Hong Kong...

Back