What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
love me some SVR!! That is one of my favorites!! I just simply think that anyone that would put a negative vote on that performance just has no class what so ever, and even less taste!!!

Fantastic on the piano classic above btw....

Saying goodbye to Santa Cruz '99 Bottles' a Covid-19 victim, along with 30 employees.

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200321141118210.jpeg

just got my ass kicked in another thread, lol....reminds me of this one, so i had to turn on my 7.1 system, subs and all...

just got my ass kicked in another thread, lol....reminds me of this one, so i had to turn on my 7.1 system, subs and all...

SACD? DVD-A?
I've got the DVD-Audio version of the album. It's fun to listen to but I haven't set my surround system up in a few years. Our current house isn't really surround friendly, unfortunately. All my surround discs are just collecting dust.

just streamed off youtube, i tried a DVD-A...just sounded like a crappier version of a mp3....

Well, if it sounded worse than mp3 my guess is you were most likely not hearing it on an actual dvd-a player. DVD-a is (was) a lossless audio format, with no video, but magnitudes higher resolution than any cd. For comparison, a cd has magnitudes higher resolution than any mp3, a lossy (compressed) format. Enjoying dvd-a in full resolution requires a format-specific player, which is likely the main reason they never took off. They were eventually replaced by blu-ray which can have similar audio resolution, but with the added benefit of high-definition video as well.

Also, keep in mind discreet surround is actual surround. Blu-ray, sacd, and dvd-a players all offer discreet surround, exactly as it was meant to sound, with discreet audio going to each speaker, be it 5.1 or 7.1, or whatever configuration the audio engineer intended. Some audio equipment makers offer faux-surround in which they use some algorithm on stereo recordings to mimic actual surround. They aren't very good at it compared to the real thing.

Sorry to get off on a tangent. Now I'm jonesing to setup my surround system again. When recorded with the right hands, and played back on a proper system, true surround audio can be mind blowing.

Just listened to CD1 from the 50th anniversary release of King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King. It's wonderful. I'm really looking forward to the hi-res 5.1 Bluray version

Came across this favorite again...

fwiw, for those not telecommuting these days, this is a good time to clean up your music libraries and fix all the ID tags that Media Player and/or iTunes stepped on because they are oh so much smarter than humans :drunk:

4300+ songs took a few hours to straighten out. I recommend MP3tag for this stuff...

Cheers!

Just turned on Pandora nd on comets Pink Floyd's Great Gig in the Sky, of course from their Masterwork, Dark Side of the Moon. One of my favorite zoning out songs - just wish it wasn't so short.

Back