What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats!

Edit: what was the most interesting entry?

Thanks!

Probably the snippet of the AB entry about someone writing a whole book about the scandals in the family.

Also AB sued Miller over false advertising claims decades ago over a faux brewery name.

Pot, kettle, black. Lol.

So much information, a lot of repetitions (as expected).

I hope that something on the exam may jog my memory of a topic.

I am left wondering what the word count might be; less the citations and captions.

Busch White.

downsized_0609052048.jpg

I am also having one. It does not taste the same as the previous batches. Idk something is missing but still a solid brew.

It's not supposed to taste the same. They have a new recipe each time. Usually with whatever the freshest "trendiest" hops are at the time. I usually buy one each time they come out and that's it. A $9 bomber is a bit much!!

It's not supposed to taste the same. They have a new recipe each time. Usually with whatever the freshest "trendiest" hops are at the time. I usually buy one each time they come out and that's it. A $9 bomber is a bit much!!

Yea. I read about them using different hops or hops that are readily available for each batch online. It is still solid. Local Costco has them for $6.50.

I just read the write up on stones webpage fro the 7-4-15 and they use a bunch of hops like delta, target, motueka, calypso, simcoe, cascade, amarillo and a super galena hop extract to bitter with an anthanum mash hop. They list helga as a dry hop this time with the usual Galaxy and Nelson Sauvin which I think all enjoy by's are dry hopped with. An interesting mix and crazy amount to say he least. I'll b looking for this one as I've enjoyed the last few batches. Do they use their house yeast on this? There is mention of a peachiness in the description I always equate that to Conan and wonder If they change the yeast sometimes too. Other crazy stat is its only 88 ibus, I'd think a 9+% beer would b higher but goes to show they prob hop this way late in the boil with a whirlpool and hopstand thereby not getting the massive ibus had they stuck to a traditional hop schedule.

Yulesmith summertime IPA. Too lazy to post a photo, which would require pausing my movie turning on the lights taking the photo etc...

Uuuuugh sick as a dog. Ran a bit of a fever last night to the point of really trippy and deluded dreams. Took a long hot shower and still feel like crap. Wtf man, it's going to be hot today and I'm getting a cold?

How have I not gotten an update since Friday morning? I'd rather they didn't give me tracking info I think.
View attachment 283634

It beats false expectations. I had one going to NM last week, dropped off Wednesday with expected delivery on Saturday. Showed that all the up until Sat. morning when it flipped over to Tuesday because it only made it to CO (and they don't do home delivery on Monday.) I can't seem to have anything get shipped without issue any more. :(

Getting down to the final month of aging for this 13 month old Kriek. Racked onto "fresh" sour cherries last month and it really shines right now. Huge shootout to @coyote68 for the yeast, cherries, and all the advice along the way. I doubt it would have turned out this well without your help. Cant wait to bottle this, cheers! View attachment 283646

I'm waiting for this years cherry crop to be ready (in a week or two) then I'll get some and rack my 18 month old batch on it for another six months. This is one batch of beer that is testing my patience.

Coffee. I hate this week already, let's get it over with already!

I'm waiting for this years cherry crop to be ready (in a week or two) then I'll get some and rack my 18 month old batch on it for another six months. This is one batch of beer that is testing my patience.

Depending on what kind of cherries you want, I've been picking for them twice so far over in Jersey. I don't think tart is teady, but the sweet are ready and awesome.

Stay the course! If it makes you feel better, 2 months is about as long as fruit ever needs in my experience.

It beats false expectations. I had one going to NM last week, dropped off Wednesday with expected delivery on Saturday. Showed that all the up until Sat. morning when it flipped over to Tuesday because it only made it to CO (and they don't do home delivery on Monday.) I can't seem to have anything get shipped without issue any more. :(

I had planned for 18 months total with mine but couldnt wait that long haha. Maybe next time!

Uuuuugh sick as a dog. Ran a bit of a fever last night to the point of really trippy and deluded dreams. Took a long hot shower and still feel like crap. Wtf man, it's going to be hot today and I'm getting a cold?
You mentioned you hurt yesterday...I bet that was the indication. I hope you get better fast. Summer colds suck balls.

Last year I bought a bunch of cherries from @coyote68 and just used the rest in a quad and in my sour. I'm not sure if PA cherries are supposed to be better than whatever I get here, but I loved having them on hand.
Depending on what kind of cherries you want, I've been picking for them twice so far over in Jersey. I don't think tart is teady, but the sweet are ready and awesome.

Hmmm sweet cherries? ;) What would you charge per pound?

Iced coffee.

You mentioned you hurt yesterday...I bet that was the indication. I hope you get better fast. Summer colds suck balls.

Last year I bought a bunch of cherries from @coyote68 and just used the rest in a quad and in my sour. I'm not sure if PA cherries are supposed to be better than whatever I get here, but I loved having them on hand.

Hmmm sweet cherries? ;) What would you charge per pound?

Iced coffee.

I'm sure I'll be better in no time. Got to nut up or shut up today, way too much to do to be side lined by sickness. The cherries were REALLY good, I think they were either 5.99 a pound or 4.99 a pound and literally picked by me. I may be heading back over that way next weekend, I'll let you know for sure if I do.

Definitely tart. Last year there were none due to a late spring freeze so I'm going to get as much as I can this year and freeze some.

More coffee.

Latest posts

Back